How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Add ability to compare and combine two PPT files

Add ability to compare and combine two PPT files

424 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! The PowerPoint for Mac team is reviewing your suggestion to provide a way to compare and merge two PowerPoint files. We would also like to have this feature and will consider it in future planning rounds.

Remember, this site helps us to prioritize our backlog so the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. If this is a feature that is important to you, be sure to give it a vote!

57 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely yes. While my PC colleagues enjoy those features, us Mac users are like morons, cannot do those simple things.

• Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is INCREDIBLY important. I cannot believe this isn't a feature available on Macs yet. Move this to the top of your priority list.

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the ability to compare and combine two PPT files would be hugely valuable. As it is now, it requires cumbersome and time consuming workarounds to try to achieve the end goal. As big a base of MAC users, it's ridiculous and frustrating to not have these features which are available on PC

• Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are there features that are available on PC and not Macs? This is ridiculous.

Plus, this is an essential feature for any team environment.

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote to have all PC capabilities available in Mac versions. It's ridiculous to have them different when our office works in both platforms depending on department.

• Gert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely an essential feature when you collaborate on presentations/documents with colleagues or customers.

• MarkE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essential feature. I can't believe it wouldn't be there in the first place.

• GG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add the compare function to powerpoint for MAC

• Zonnia Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote to have all PC capabilities available in Mac versions. It's ridiculous to have them different when our office works in both platforms depending on department.

• AnonymousTB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too, really need this feature. I prefer to work on a Mac and miss having this very time efficient function. Please add it now! :)

FYI. I don't believe the voting system works. You have to know it exists to vote. Most people I know don't know. In fact, I only stumbled on a link to it while searching to see if the function had been added. I'd guess most Mac users don't even know to come here and vote.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is useless voting system - should have already been part of Powerpoint for mac as it's the only intuitive feature the ppt has over keynote.

II used comparison with Windows. I changed my PC from Windows to Macbook recently, but I am very frustrated by not being able to use it any more!

Our office HQ transitioned to all-Mac systems. I used to use this feature in Windows a lot, now I have to open 2 files and check one slide at a time.

I've started a new job with a company that is a Mac house. I'm trying to get them to adopt sharepoint and onedrive for collaboration as my Windows experience was so good. The Mac implementation of PPT and sharepoint is so frustrating that I'm on the verge of giving up.

• Amol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature in upcoming release. Worth having comparison to minimise efforts. Similar to word which is currently having this feature.

Please add/readd the compare group feature to Office for Mac. Why was it removed from Mac and yet kept in Office for Windows??

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base