How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Add ability to compare and combine two PPT files

Add ability to compare and combine two PPT files

388 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! The PowerPoint for Mac team is reviewing your suggestion to provide a way to compare and merge two PowerPoint files. We would also like to have this feature and will consider it in future planning rounds.

Remember, this site helps us to prioritize our backlog so the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. If this is a feature that is important to you, be sure to give it a vote!

50 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add the compare function to powerpoint for MAC

• Zonnia Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote to have all PC capabilities available in Mac versions. It's ridiculous to have them different when our office works in both platforms depending on department.

• AnonymousTB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too, really need this feature. I prefer to work on a Mac and miss having this very time efficient function. Please add it now! :)

FYI. I don't believe the voting system works. You have to know it exists to vote. Most people I know don't know. In fact, I only stumbled on a link to it while searching to see if the function had been added. I'd guess most Mac users don't even know to come here and vote.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is useless voting system - should have already been part of Powerpoint for mac as it's the only intuitive feature the ppt has over keynote.

II used comparison with Windows. I changed my PC from Windows to Macbook recently, but I am very frustrated by not being able to use it any more!

Our office HQ transitioned to all-Mac systems. I used to use this feature in Windows a lot, now I have to open 2 files and check one slide at a time.

I've started a new job with a company that is a Mac house. I'm trying to get them to adopt sharepoint and onedrive for collaboration as my Windows experience was so good. The Mac implementation of PPT and sharepoint is so frustrating that I'm on the verge of giving up.

• Amol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature in upcoming release. Worth having comparison to minimise efforts. Similar to word which is currently having this feature.

Please add/readd the compare group feature to Office for Mac. Why was it removed from Mac and yet kept in Office for Windows??

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why remove this? Adding new features should never be at the cost of removing old features even if you can't successfully test them...disappointed

Why was this functionality removed? What workarounds will solve this problem? This is a downgrade.

I spend a lot of time preparing Powerpoint presentations and used this feature extensively on my Windows platform. Having been 'upgraded' to a Mac I cannot believe that my Powerpoint has essentially been 'downgraded' and this valuable function is simply not available. Really?

It would certainly be helpful to be able to compare previous versions of slides side-by-side without having to use multiple keystrokes and mouse movements to get there

• Pallavi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Removing this feature was a definite downgrade - makes it impossible to use PowerPoint for any sort of collaborative project.

are you kidding? as long as we cannot manage versions of powerpoint slides -- and it would be good to do this individually by slide -- this is not a professional tool

• Jim Cahill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An essential feature that's been orphaned. This constitutes a "downgrade" methinks. Please do recover this feature. Our international team works across PC and Mac, and we cannot share edits to stacks efficiently now.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base