How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Add ability to compare and combine two PPT files

Add ability to compare and combine two PPT files

475 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! The PowerPoint for Mac team is reviewing your suggestion to provide a way to compare and merge two PowerPoint files. We would also like to have this feature and will consider it in future planning rounds.

Remember, this site helps us to prioritize our backlog so the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. If this is a feature that is important to you, be sure to give it a vote!

69 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cici commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should have a compare feature. There is no reason to take this feature out

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I speak of all the great things about MSOffice. I find myself on a Mac at the company. No problem though, they use MSOffice and it is available on the Mac. Hah! Surprise, it's only sort of available. I keep running into functionality missing that I have been using for years. Seriously???

• Fùçk Yu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, this feature was IN Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac and then you took it out. You are f-ing evil f-ing bastards who deserve to have serious physical violence meted out on you. I was FORCED to upgrade to Mac Office 2016 when I upgraded to the latest Mac OS. Now this feature has disappeared. YOU ARE EVIL. Every single Microsoft employee should be ashamed for working for such an unethical company.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please not downgrade PowerPoint? This was a very useful feature!!

• Tonatiuh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be a key advantage so all professionals working in the same document could modify the document and track other people modifications

• Al commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is so frustrating not to have this feature on Mac. Please bring it back. Working in a team who use both Mac and Windows it's such a waste of time trying to find out what's changed between file versions and sync conflicts.

Very disappointed that this feature disappeared after 'upgrading' to Office 365. Needs to be addressed ASAP as a key feature for business users

• Nanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really frustrating that this simple feature is not enabled on Mac. What is the workaround meanwhile?

Yes, incredibly frustrating not having it, especially in a shared Office environment where sync conflicts tend to occur (colleagues working on the same document). Comparing to find what was changed is approaching hell on earth.

• Julia Simonson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet ANOTHER reason to switch to Keynote or Google Slides. Ridiculous - this "feature" has been in the Windows version since 2010. And what's with the absurd dual menus still to this day? The app menu that matches every other Mac OS application, and then the stupid ribbon that has some things, but not others.

Lastly, PowerPoint for iOS is a pathetic waste of space. This is why I won't invest in Microsoft - they are headed in absolutely the wrong direction. My students don't use it - if it isn't something full-featured on their iPad, they have zero interest in it. They are Keynote and Google apps all the way.

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely yes. While my PC colleagues enjoy those features, us Mac users are like morons, cannot do those simple things.

• Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is INCREDIBLY important. I cannot believe this isn't a feature available on Macs yet. Move this to the top of your priority list.

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the ability to compare and combine two PPT files would be hugely valuable. As it is now, it requires cumbersome and time consuming workarounds to try to achieve the end goal. As big a base of MAC users, it's ridiculous and frustrating to not have these features which are available on PC

• Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are there features that are available on PC and not Macs? This is ridiculous.

Plus, this is an essential feature for any team environment.

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote to have all PC capabilities available in Mac versions. It's ridiculous to have them different when our office works in both platforms depending on department.

• Gert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely an essential feature when you collaborate on presentations/documents with colleagues or customers.

• MarkE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essential feature. I can't believe it wouldn't be there in the first place.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base