How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Animation and Video triggers

Add ability to set up animation or video triggers into my deck

296 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are excited to announce that the Animation and Video Trigger feature has been released to all Office 365 subscribers! Please update to build 16.17.180909 or higher, and try setting a special start against your animations, either via the Ribbon → Animations → Trigger button, or via the “Triggers” settings in the Animation Pane.

Thank you again for your support! Please keep voting other feature requests on your wish list :)

Cheers!
    PowerPoint Team

115 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joy Tweedt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No cheer until you put more effort into your MAC PowerPoint product: 1) Trigger feature in PowerPoint; 2) be able to (Sort) alphabetically in a table; 3) be able to number in a table (have to change each number from a 1 to the number wanted! Sad!

• Joy Tweedt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I purchased the new Office 16.16.2 for Mac thinking it would be great to have all the new updates. I'm so frustrated that there isn't a Trigger feature for PowerPoint! How do I make Hide and Reveal puzzles for my students without this feature?

• Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So did the powperpoint for Mac has trigger or not ?
        I really really apprecciate if this becomes true.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this! How can you release without it? I think I'm going to cancel my Office account and switch to Keynote! What a shame!!!

I just happened to need the triggers feature today and found James' post about being available in version 16.17. My system was on the standard update release schedule, so I did not have that version yet. I switched to Insider Slow and checked for updates—none available. I then switched to Insider Fast, and had the 16.18 update available. I'm sad to say, triggers are no longer included in this version.

• James Mooring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just noticed triggers are available in the latest fast build (16.17). Excited to have this feature on par with Windows.

• RAD Xack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to sync an animation up with a bookmark in a video or audio clip is a very common thing I find happening in my use case.

The alternative is to trigger the animation or whatever after a delay but on Macintosh the maximum delay you can have is 60 seconds. On Windows I believe even that lets you set a longer delay.

I agree with the need for animation triggers. I was watching a windows-based video on how to set up an interactive slide and went looking for the triggers option and to my great disappointment found that the mac version does not have it.

• YS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I create a trigger on a Windows version but then try to run the presentation on the iPad, will that function work?

I've been sorely disappointed in the number of features lacking in the Mac version of any MS app, especially PowerPoint. Get that trigger animation feature up and running!

I need triggers for PowerPoint games. It would also be great to be able to make a text box that is usable during a presentation.

• Catch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE get this feature - along with the ability to create contact sheets - into the Mac version of Powerpoint. I'm not sure how you think you can sell two different versions and call them the same. The Mac version should be called Powerpoint Light and be charged less.

• Cheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a teacher, and I need the trigger feature on my mac to make presentations more fun for my students.

• Fran Corpier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a shame. Triggers are essential. What's up, Microsoft? Still no trigger in the recent PowerPoint update. Is it too difficult to code a trigger? Did you give the Mac team a long vacation? We would like them back, please, and on a mission to push out the ppt trigger function.

• Enzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

powerpoint for mac has many limitations compared to PC powerpoint (e.g. it is not possible to start an external PPT from a precise slide), we hope that this of the trigger will be exceeded. But when?

• Red Five commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The latest PowerPoint for Mac doesn't have animation triggers?!? Why wasn't this added years ago?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base