How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Add support for SVG and icons

Allow ability to insert and edit scalable vector graphics (SVG) files into your documents on Mac. I used to be able to insert .emf files and then ungroup them into shapes which I could edit. It's very frustrating that there is no option for this now on the Mac.

361 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! The PowerPoint for Mac team is excited to announce that support for SVG and icons is planned and will begin development soon.

Stay tuned for updates and remember to continue voting for the features you most want to see come to PowerPoint for Mac!

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was just listening to a keynote speech about how well Nadella & Microsoft have focused on supporting the Mac platform ... Would like to see simultaneous roll-out of new features for both platforms

Any idea how long it takes for this update? :(. Going forward please develop and release updates along with windows version for Mac too. Everyone regardless of Windows or Mac OS is using powerpoint. Such things really makes our work hectic. Thank you!

• James Mackenzie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. And for Word, too. Would especially like to be able to use illustrator’s small size svg export for logo templates.

Mac users should have the same capabilities as Windows users. Please add the function to the Mac system.

• Admyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the time, install Libreoffice. Create a presentation, import your Vector graphics, right click the image and then select "Break". Save as Powerpoint.pptx and open in Powerpoint.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My colleague who uses windows can insert icons. My Mac OS version can't. This is fairly basic feature that is available in Keynote. It would be good if you could bring us Powerpoint Mac users to be equal with everyone else

• Evan Bond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. I too need to supply iconography I designed in Illustrator as editable shape fills in ppt. emf / wmf files appear to make the imported vectors VERY jagged - especially ellipses and circles - the integrity of the vector is massively affected. At present I am having a colleague with a PC do the ungrouping. FWIW she has just dicovered that saving the illustrator files out to PDF and inserting that into Powerpoint actually retains far better and more accurate vector integrity than the metafile formats, emf and wmf. Has anybody else found that? I really do with Adobe and Microsoft would play nicely. If I remember right you used to be able to import bnative eps into ppt - but MS stopped that...

Yes this is very important for work, I need to be able to provide my colleagues with editable icons in powerpoint. This option used to be available, now I have to explain to people why I can't do it anymore which is quite frustrating

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does the Windows version have built-in icon support but Mac doesn't?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base