How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Please put back the "change picture" command in Power Point. Gone when did update to Office 16.10

PowerPoint in Office Mac 2016. Did update to 16.10, and "change picture" command is now gone. Others are posting about it in the forums too. Does not help to change Mac OS version. Happening in all versions of the OS. Please put feature back.

41 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Class222 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not fixed in 16.10 but is in 16.11 Hallelujah - thanks MS I just wasted about 2 hours of my life today in an urgent on the fly PPT editing situation.

YES! For the love of Pete, put the "change picture" command back in the right-click menu!

• SMikkelsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have to add the "change picture" command back. It is an absolute nightmare without it.

I also had this issue with the 16.10 update, as well as a couple other very annoying bugs. I just got off the phone with MS Tech Support and it appears that the latest update (16.10) is full of issues, some of which have been reported to MS. The tech walked me through the process of installing an older version (15.41) of Office which thankfully resolved my problems. I am not going to install any updates for a couple months while MS works out the kinks. Here's the link where you get grab old updates: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/update-history-for-office-2016-for-mac-700cab62-0d67-4f23-947b-3686cb1a8eb7#bkmk_history

The tech had me download 15.41, throw away the current applications, restart the computer, then install 15.41. Then I turned off AutoUpdater and will wait for a few updates to be released before installing.

This function has disappeared from the right click, which anyone who designs in PPT has been using since the beginning of time. It's so easy to just right click. Why would you take it out? You can add it to the quick access toolbar but that just seems silly when it was just a right click away. Time matters and the faster you can do something the better. This is a huge misstep.

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "change picture" command does NOT work with either version of Sierra.
        I tried it with both.

It's also gone with Microsoft Word

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You removed the "Change Picture" function in PowerPoint from the right click drop-down. PUT IT BACK. It's an extremely valuable function and is a pain in the butt to have to add it to the Quick Access toolbar and use it there.

I updated to High Sierra (latest version, 10.13.3) - the function remains unavailable. A total pain. PUT THIS BACK MICROSOFT

I just got off the phone with a level 2 tech support person at Microsoft, was told I have to update to Sierra, was still using El Capitan. The tech rep told me this function would be available after the update. I hope this was correct information, if not, this is absolutely unacceptable!

• Youlia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

found the same issue here and the OS update to High Sierra didn't change anything. I was worried since no info or feedback was available. Now I feel less lonely with this issue.

Luckily just found a way to access this command I use all the time (like many of us). You can simply add it to the quick access ribbon via this button.
        Then:
        1. Go to "QuickAccess Toolbar" section
        2. Select "Picture Tools Picture Format Tab
        3. Scroll to "Change Picture" graal command add it to your ribbon
        4. Enjoy changing pictures until the issue of accessing to this command via dropdown or regular menu is fixed

Have a great day!

Restore contextual menu "Change Picture..." feature. (Right-click on an image, click "Change Picture..." then select a new image file.) I use this daily and was saddened to see it disappear in a recent slow build update.

Feedback and Knowledge Base