How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Change default pasting text option

When pasting text, please make it optional to change the default settings to something other than "Use destination theme." Eliminating the need to have to toggle down each time text entries are entered.

35 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ina Lim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • chrismaclaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree - especially when you paste text that overflows from the textbox and so doesn't give you the option of changing the paste format!

• Muhammad Rusydi Azmi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. Exactly what Jason Barnes said.

I'm a graphic designer, but use PPT extensively with my current company and it would save so much time to be able to have the (Shift-Command-V) shortcut for pasting without formatting

• Jason Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be great: Paste and Match Style or Paste Without Formatting would be excellent choices. Both Mac OS and Windows already support this natively. Shift-Command-V or Shift-Ctrl-V work this way for all applications except for the Office Suite (I think). In PPT on the Mac, Ctrl-Command-V will bring up the Paste Special dialog but you still have to select "unformatted text" so that is no easier than using the little pop-up. Also in PPT for the Mac, Shift-Command-C and V are undocumented commands for copying and pasting object styles (like the little paintbrush tool). So, the command keys might have to be different than standard Mac OS keys.

Feedback and Knowledge Base