How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

pdf resolution bad since last update

since the version 16.14.1 (180613) pdfs are exported in a bad quality even when setting the resolution to "high".
Happens when exporting to pdf as well when printing to pdf.

48 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Axel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We sincerely apologize for the experience you had, due to the recent regression!

The fix has been rolled out to all users. Please update your build to 16.15 (180709) or higher and let us know if the problem is not fully resolved.

Thanks!
    PowerPoint Team

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem with version 16.22, which I just updated to. This has been a continuous/unresolved issue for several months now. I've resorted to using an older laptop with an older (unaffected) version of powerpoint just to export pdf's from .ppt's made on the new laptop, which is totally ridiculous and unsustainable.

When will Microsoft finally fix this issue? They just seem to never address it on any of the last 5 updates or 6 months! What a joke!

• Prunille commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using version 16.21 here, still an issue. This is really not acceptable for a commercial software to have an issue going on for several versions (at least since 16.14 from what I've read) ! @PowerPoint Team, the issue is definitely NOT completed !

Just experienced this issue today as well. Super frustrating as I was able to convert my mac pptx file to pdf on my PC and worked just fine (and file size was much smaller). This is a serious issue. What's the progress on resolving this conversion issue on macs? Definitely NOT completed

• Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still having this issue and it seems like its only on macOS.

Even did the update to Version 16..22 (190107)

How can this be an ongoing issue with almost every update? Does anyone know of any easy workaround while I wait for the Power Point Team to get their stuff together?

I just tried save into PDF. It looks severly unprofessional and ugly now. This shall poorly affect my sharing of materials with other business users.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is still not resolved on PowerPoint 16.20 (used on MacOS 10.14.1).
        Really poor pdf conversion that renders it unusable for business purposes when trying to share our materials.

• Cecelia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should not be called completed by the PowerPoint Product Team - it is still badly broken and is screwing up my workflow. Please reopen the bug and let us know when it will be fixed.

hello I'm on 16.19 and the same problem still occurs.

It makes life really challenging !!!

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if this is related, but if I right click a group on a slide then "save as image" and choose PDF, any image in the group (e.g. if I imported a .png, then added PowerPoint drawing objects, grouped, then exported) come out horribly blurred. This is a huge problem, as I use PowerPoint to make figures for publication.

Same problem here (Mac 10.14.1 and Powerpoint 16.19) - unacceptable.
        HEEEEEELLLLP !

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is still there in version 16.16.4 (181110). Please fix it!

• Mike Leber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS Powerpoint seems to have a general problem generating PDFs on Mac and I'm about to ditch it forever. It just seems like there is no quality assurance at Microsoft for this product anymore!!! Current issues: pictures will have frames where the original has none, colors are way darker than the original ones. Result is really bad and unacceptable in a professional environment!!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base