How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

pdf resolution bad since last update

since the version 16.14.1 (180613) pdfs are exported in a bad quality even when setting the resolution to "high".
Happens when exporting to pdf as well when printing to pdf.

48 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Axel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We sincerely apologize for the experience you had, due to the recent regression!

The fix has been rolled out to all users. Please update your build to 16.15 (180709) or higher and let us know if the problem is not fully resolved.

Thanks!
    PowerPoint Team

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello I'm on 16.19 and the same problem still occurs.

It makes life really challenging !!!

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if this is related, but if I right click a group on a slide then "save as image" and choose PDF, any image in the group (e.g. if I imported a .png, then added PowerPoint drawing objects, grouped, then exported) come out horribly blurred. This is a huge problem, as I use PowerPoint to make figures for publication.

Same problem here (Mac 10.14.1 and Powerpoint 16.19) - unacceptable.
        HEEEEEELLLLP !

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is still there in version 16.16.4 (181110). Please fix it!

• Mike Leber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS Powerpoint seems to have a general problem generating PDFs on Mac and I'm about to ditch it forever. It just seems like there is no quality assurance at Microsoft for this product anymore!!! Current issues: pictures will have frames where the original has none, colors are way darker than the original ones. Result is really bad and unacceptable in a professional environment!!

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The workarounds to get to a non-PPT version of a document are ridiculous and unacceptable. At this point, any "Save as PDF" function should be removed from the program until they have fixed this problem – it is completely useless on a Mac, as the documents that are generated look nothing like the original.

• Lynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Power Point no longer saves PDFs correctly. Can we get this fixed?
        Please and thank you.

• Jason Weirather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "high" quality pdf is just a blurry mess and your documentation offers nothing to help with this, and you offer no export options to fix this. Printing and saving as a pdf is a total fail. The only work-around I've found is saving as a 4k png and printing that. I feel sorry for anyone trying to make a poster for high quality printing only to discover this is what you do on export.

My creative team has all had that same issue in the last few weeks. We are saving all ppt pages as jpgs and creating a pdf from the jpgs. Please update quickly! This is making working on pitch decks every more painful than it usually is. Just imagine working on a deck with hundreds of pages and multiple people giving feedback and not being able to save to pdf.

• Mal H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Taking screen Prints and stitching those together is only option that I found.

• Mal H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does not matter which method is used to create pdf from PowerPoint. Lines and fonts all seem to be increased providing a totally unusable and unacceptable pdf.

• Jay Judah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Underlines get thick and are shifted a few spaces to the side as well. Please fix this!!

• Wenshen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a bug with pdf export on Powerpoint for Mac version 16.14.1. The lines and arrows with become maximum width. Very annoying! Please fix it asap.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same! The quality is horrible, text-containing boxes are blurred, images are pixeled and the size of figure's such as arrows changes when you save the PDF!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base