How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

I would like to be able to export my Power Point Presentation and include the audio file.

I would like to be able to export the audio file when I am converting my Power Point to MOV. I would like to be able to export my Power Point Presentation and include the audio file.

8 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The comments already posted are SO SO true. It is absolutely ridiculous that a presentation cannot be exported with audio files.

• Corina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been managed by amateurs in the past. There were 1002 votes for the change and apparently a Microsoft "expert" proudly presented it as resolved from versions 16.19 onwards. Well, it hasn't been resolved you jokers!!! No-one even bothered to provide an update and apologise. So embarrassing...

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been requesting this capability via various forums for a long time. As I understand it, audio created within PPT will be included in a video export, but external audio imported into PPT (in my case, a professional narrator and music) will not be included in a followup export. This is not an issue with Windows PPT, but remains one with the Mac version. To be clear, I DO NOT see this as a feature request, but a problem/issue that needs to be resolved! I am quite upset that after all these years, the Mac community continues to not be supported in this regard.

• RAD Xack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a presentation with an audio file I inserted that DOES actually play when I export to MOV but for the life of me I don't know why? I've tried inserting other M4A's and used new presentations but they DON'T play after export to MOV? Why does that one work and the others don't?

So it does export sound but it seems like there's a bug maybe?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This function has been requested for years. They indicate the project was completed in version 16.19 to no avail as indicated by the number of comments. My work around has been to make PPT presentation as usual. Open in Keynote, which we have as Mac users. Record there and then export as MOV. If you export at PPT the recording will be stripped off. Eventually, I'll get used to using Keynote to create the slides and give up on PPT completely.

Feedback and Knowledge Base