How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Support to lock guides

Please make the guides lockable so that they aren't continually moved whenever trying to resize an object whose handles are near the guides.

41 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! The PowerPoint for Mac team is reviewing your suggestion and will consider it in future planning rounds.

Remember, this site helps us to prioritize our backlog so the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. If this is a feature that is important to you, be sure to give it a vote!

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought I was missing something but the guides actually cannot be locked?
        Amazing.

• Carla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I second the request for this much needed function – it's basic and it's long overdue!!!

• Jamie Garroch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guides currently support three different layers. Slides, individual Slide Layouts and the Slide Master. So you can add guides to the layout or slide master and these cannot be accidentally dragged when in the Normal view. We are about to launch an add-in within May (2018) that will do this for you. Here's a sneak preview: https://twitter.com/YOUpresentUK/status/991109119603068929

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Between not being able to lock guides and not being able to lock objects... I
        m surprised this product is still used! Seems like such basic capability to me to still be absent.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the above. Found PLENTY of forums, posts, complaints about this dating back to turn of the century -- COME ON Microsoft!! Get with it. This has been a complaint since the beginning of Powerpoint (I've been using PPT since early-mid 1990's)

HINT: NOBODY want guides that move all over the place while they are working! Its a huge time-waster and causing me to have to rest guides and elements every other frikken page! Or should we all just switch to other software.

Feedback and Knowledge Base