How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Office Mix for Mac

Office Mix is an adding that makes it easy to turn your PowerPoint presentations into interactive online lessons and share them with your students and colleagues in OneNote, on the web, or in your learning management system. Office Mix is available for Windows PowerPoint only - we want it on Mac too!

68 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want the Mac version to be "on par" with the Windows version when it comes to recording presentations. I rely on hundreds of people outside of my team to record content for our sales and technical enablement. We have people on both platforms. Today, we have to use expensive authoring tools to get slide by slide recordings for easy updates. But we also need screen capture to embed demonstrations. This would enable us to have a common tool that we pay for already to get the job done. Thanks!

Is this still under review ... it's really useful for creating learning resources, and requires less investment (both £££ and time) for educational establishments that already have Office 365.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have Office Mix on PowerPoint for Mac and iOS?
        We pay full price for Office 365 and this is an excellent tool we are denied because we don't use a Windows device.
        Come on Microsoft you are doing great things but we need more parity between Mac OS/iOS and Windows software versions.

Talk about taking your time - this has been under review since August 2015!!!
        It's nearly August 2017 for crying out loud.

OfficeMix is great but its Windows only - as a great education tool this should be made multi-platform please bring it to the Mac if I pay for Office365 I should get ALL the features.

• Miles Buckhurst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

mix seams to have gone from powerpoint 2016. This is a huge problem for me as I was using regularly for my job.

allow for PowerPoint Mix/Office Mix for Mac and for iPad Pro; as a high school teacher I am constantly using my PC desktop at school, yet I have a Mac book and an iPad Pro that I use at home and on the go. Would be great if I could work on my PowerPoints (with Mix) all the time.

Yes please. I'm in a BYOD school. I can't ask students to use Mix as an assessment item because it disadvantages the non-PC users. Surely, with the pen tools recently added to the OneNote Fast Insider update this now opens up the opportunity to push that to Powerpoint - allowing our students with tablets to plug in and annotate over slides?

Please add this - my 1300+ students (and their parents) are requesting it!

Frustrated teacher who owns Office 365 and has to use Windows and Office in school. Office mix is great but we need it on Mac asap

We're looking at doing a lot more videos in my organization, and I love the easy functionality of the Mix plugin. Please support our Mac users, too!

I am very excited to make instructional videos using Mix but I have mac. Add me to the list of frustrated teachers out there.

• Okampa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bring office mix add-ins to powerpoint for mac --> it would be great to have this function that the windows version already has.

• Mr Fisher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Office mix is an excellent tool for educators like myself, however as I have only Mac computers available at home I cannot spend the time creating the types of lessons I would like to. At the end of the day Mac users pay the same amount for the office software and as such should have access to the same functions.

• Becca Vaclavik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! Seriously! I have a lot of clients interested in using Office Mix, but can't because they work on Macs. Would love to see this product accessible to more potential customers.

• Shannon Davis Wurthman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Office Mix is currently only available for PPT 2013 for PC. It will be available for PPT 2016, but not yet for Mac? Would love to have this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base