How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Add export as video to PPT 2016

Add export as video file with narration to PPT for Mac 2016

563 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! This feature is now available to all Office 365 subscribers via the June updates.

Note that it’s a known limitation in the current version that the embedded video and audio can’t playback in the exported video yet. Please vote on the request below, if the playback functionality of the embedded media files is critical to your scenario, and we’ll prioritize it accordingly:

https://powerpoint.uservoice.com/forums/288925-powerpoint-for-mac/suggestions/14811522-export-narrated-powerpoint-to-video

Again, thank you for your patience and support!

241 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is wrong with you? Why would you ever remove this function? Absolutely awful. This is the only thing I use Power Point for. Embarrassed for you.

• Ali P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ahhhh! I have been looking for a way to convert ppt to mov in 16.14 on a mac. Please please make this happen. It simply isn't there for mac users.

• Steve Yobs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

COMPLETED huh? Yeeeaah.... I'm just gonna say this.... Microsoft and Bill Gates are both a joke. Always been inferior to Apple, Mac, & Steve Jobs. This issue right here is a real good example. They are doing this because slow virus prone PCs (Pieces of Crap) and Windows are garbage and can't compare to the superiority of Macs and Mac OS. Never have and never will. Lets go back in time and remember a little history. If it wasn't for Macs being designed with a desktop and a mouse, there would be no windows, nor would there be a mouse for PCs. Bill Gates stole that technology from Apple decades ago and then manipulated (or maybe bribed) corrupt courts and judges to win the court case Apple had against him for basically stealing their technology and ideas. Back in the early days of Apple, they were teamed up with no integrity having Bill and he played them so he could steal Mac technology and apply it to his slow inferior garbage IBMs known today as PCs. He used Mac technology to turn his MS DOS into Windows. Again, there was no mouse for PCs before all that happened...before Macs. Microsoft has to do stuff like this because regardless of PCs and Windows being industry standard and wah wah wah... PCs and Windows stay inferior to Macs and Mac OS and always will. FYI: I have never had a virus on any Mac, ever. That detail alone should speak in abundance.

I finished my class and got my grade. Now I will leave Office crap alone. I wouldn't use a PC or Windows at home if someone paid me. Certainly would never waste good money on one. There is a reason Macs cost, hold their value and re-sell for much more money than PCs. You get what you pay for. Next time I need Office programs, I can use Pages, Numbers and Keynote. Anything affiliated with that slug Bill Gates leaves a bad taste in my mouth and is a waste of time for me being a fluent Mac user. Goodbye Microsoft. Two fingers in the air.

• Rae Jobst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please change the status of this from "Completed". I really don't think that "Export to video" is really exporting to video if audio is not included. Add the votes on this thread to the 528 votes on this thread and you will see that video with audio is desperately sought by Mac users. https://powerpoint.uservoice.com/forums/288925-powerpoint-for-mac/suggestions/14811522-export-narrated-powerpoint-to-video#{toggle_previous_statuses}

• MCarson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While it is not exactly false advertising, this seems close to some sort of fraud. If PPT can't export the audio, why do the settings during export offer "Include recording timings and narration" if it can't do it?

Also, the wording of the PPT Product Team skirts who is at fault. It says (with the spelling of playback fixed), ". . . the embedded video and audio can’t play back in the exported video yet." In examining the exported files, it is the exports that don't contain audio streams, so it's thus the fault of PowerPoint.

Finally, what's with the dates? July 14, 2016, the admin said this feature is now available to all Office 365 subscribers, and then follows up with "Note that it’s a known limitation in the current version." The post was done in July and thus the current version would be June, what's the deal? I'm typing this in April of 2018 -- a wee bit past Summer of 2016 -- and it's still not working.

Wish I had the knowledge to kick off a class action.

• Irving commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One workaround. Open Keynote — if you don't have it, a Mac-friend probably does — and import the Powerpoint file. Should work. Then you can easily export it as a Quicktime file.

• Anony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WOW! Chiming in with the masses. I wasted tons of time on this. This should be basic!!

I updated my presentation to 2016 on my MAC and I still can't create a video Is there any way around it?

• Lori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very frustrating to create a ppt presentation with music and not be able to export as an mp4 or Quicktime video. Sad that we all can't work together!! Please fix this!

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft will never fix this. They want to sell lienses for MacOS but don't want the product to be as useful as they are in windoze. This is a GREAT example of why proprietary software is bad for business.

• Cyrill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shame on you Microsoft. Quickest solution is to open Keynote, open the ppt file and export as Movie.....

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please...mp4 output like on the PC version. Please. How does this make sense to us end users...especially those of us that use Macs and PCs. Standard features like this should be the same on both platforms.

The fact that APPLE allows MICROSOFT to make an inferior software product for users of the MAC (which typically cost 2 to 4 times that of a pc laptop (my new macbook cost me $4,000)) is the fundamental problem here. MICROSOFT has absolutely no incentive to ever fix this problem because there is no alternative to powerpoint. Why go on spending all of this money on a machine that can't do what you need it to do because of poor software implementation when you can buy a piece of garbage $300 pc laptop that can. APPLE, MICROSOFT is destroying your business and you guys are either too blind, too stupid or god forbid too weak to stop them. APPLE MACINTOSH R.I.P.

Tried it tonight. It’s been over a year and a half since this was posted and this feature has still not been added? Shameful...

I also have a Power Point project that requires that the embedded narration play with the slides. The requirement was that the completed presentation be turned into movie format, with the narration. I was explicitly told by Microsoft that Office for Mac 2016 would allow me to do that. I was using Office 2011 for Mac.

I updated my O.S. to High Sierra so that it would run Office 2016, bought Office 2016 and now after many hours of updating other software on the computer I find out I can't convert my presentation into movie format. I am angry at being told that Office 2016 for Mac would do what I wanted only to now find out it won't. Office 2016 for Mac is no different than Office 2011 for Mac.

This is very poor business practice.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base