How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Add the functionality to use the iPhone or iPad as remote

Apple's Keynote makes it possible to use the iPhone as a remote and the iPad is the presentation device, for example. In PowerPoint, there is !no! possibility to use a device as a remote, and I think, this function should have been integrated much versions earlier! So please, implement it! It's really important to make a good presentation and I don't want to use third-party apps!

84 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason Schell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! The PowerPoint for Mac team is reviewing your suggestion and will consider it in future planning rounds.

Remember, this site helps us to prioritize our backlog so the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. If this is a feature that is important to you, be sure to give it a vote!

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nikhil Gavade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using Microsoft Office from 4th standard of my school. (On Windows, Now using on MacBook Pro)
        Apple's Keynote makes it possible to use the iPhone as a remote and the MacBook is the presentation device.
        But it is very difficult to create or edit presentation in Keynote, since I have large experience of MS PowerPoint.
        And I'm comfortable MS PPT, But I'm unable to control live presentation wirelessly with iPhone.
        There are 3rd party apps for Mac PowerPoint but they do not run as smooth.
        Buying a hardware remote is costly as student, and also hardware remotes dose not provide me to see next slide, notes, etc.
        So please, implement this ! It's really important to make a good presentation. Unless many of Mac users will restlessly switch to Keynote, since it is a basic feature of presentation.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! Remote control not only by Bluetooth and not only for windows pc!

• Matt Gear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to be able to use my Android and IOS devices to control my Power point slide decks on a MAC

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a PPt remote on iOS devices to be able to control and annotate a PowerPoint presentation whilst moving around. Apple have this with Keynote why not with Microsoft?

Feedback and Knowledge Base