How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to PDF options

Allow users to customize PDF export (ie. image quality, file size)

249 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lelia Lui shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of April 2018, Export to PDF options are now available on PowerPoint for Mac 2016.

PDF options can be accessed through Settings > General > Print Quality (Paper/PDF). You can choose between High, Medium, or Low image quality. For print, we recommend using high quality; for export to PDF, we recommend using low or medium quality (depending on your optimal file size).

Anything else you’d like to see in PowerPoint for Mac? Don’t forget to vote for the feature on UserVoice – we use this feedback to help us prioritize our backlog. The more votes a feature gets, the more likely it is that you’ll see it in our product!

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basically a MS bug and now you have to pay extra to get this bug fixed..
        Another reason not to buy lousy microsoft products...

• sir_daz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Douglas - instead of Export, try Print... In the Print dialog box you can then select which slides/view you want, then bottom left you should see PDF > Save as PDF.
        regards

• Douglas Bratten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi
        As a company we have recently starting using Microsoft Power BI quite extensively, and when I use Powerpoint for Windows, I can export individual slides very efficiently as pdf documents, and all the formatting etc works great.
        Unfortunately, most of our staff use Mac's, where the export function only works for the entire slide presentation.
        Could we add the ability to restrict the export, to single, or selected slides please. This would be most useful.

• Miles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely unacceptable export quality on powerpoint 2018 for mac. How is that possible in 2018 by 1 of the 4 largest companies in the world. Shameful!

• Marco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem exists for more than 3 years and it's still not resolved. The "Print Quality" option doesn't change anything. I'm using the last version of PowerPoint and all the resized print screen images are unreadable using the pdf export function.
        I found a way but it is so unbelievable that I'm still wondering how can it be possible.
        I sent my pptx to a colleague working on Windows 7 and PowerPoint 2007 and the pdf export is perfect !!!
        Are you trying to make people migrate to Windows and leave macOS ? If it's the case, it's really a shame.
        I hope you will fix this soon...

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My settings are set for high quality but the pdf images are still extremely blurry. What is the latest on fixing this?

• Britt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is also ruining my production and my business. I am also switching to Keynote, however if it is not possible for you, the only way around this would be to export to PNG with a height of 2999, then use Acrobat to combine all Slide files into a PDF. How sad PowerPoint!!!!!!

• Elias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Microsoft,

This is obviously a total FAIL, the only question is how soon will you resolve the issue.

We need full quality exports to PDF, JPG, PNG and so on.

You users are upset and expecting a rapid resolution.

Get your best people on this and make it happen. We are waiting.

Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto Ditto Ditto. There's not much to add to all of the previous written grievances. The low quality of exported PDFs is just ridiculous and needs to be fixed ASAP. This is a very serious issue and is affecting massive amounts of people, myself included. I am extremely disappointed in this service and agree that it needs to be taken care of immediately.

I am a presentation designer by trade and this is ruining my whole business. WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED? Have you responded to any of this? I see lots of angry people but no response from MIcrosoft? Why not make the basic option at least usable and make a high quality option that can actually be printed. As it is I can't even email the pdf version bc the images are so embarrassingly blurred. You are losing customers by the day. Fix it! I am moving over almost entirely to Keynote now but it's a painful process.

• appalled commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am absolutely appalled at the blurry, low quality of images exported from PowerPoint for Mac to PDF. It never used to be like this, and makes no sense to apply a blanket low quality rule even when "High" quality export is selected. Please fix it ASAP. I have resorted to copying slides into Keynote before exporting to PDF and will stop using powerpoint all-together if this issue is not fixed. Can you provide an estimated timeline for fixing this?

• disappointed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how stupid is that? please fix that super bug immediately. otherwhise ppt is not worth anything if your cant produce proper pdfs out of it.

• Christina Foldager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can this really be? I'm not able to make a pdf from my powerpoint - all images are now all blurry... What is the plan for fixing this?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm so disappointed with the update !!! When I export in pdf or try to print, all my images are totally blurred ! Even adjusting the print quality doesn't change a thing. This needs to be fixed !

• DDS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't find the "Settings" navigation. I have resorted to saving my powerpoints to Key Note and then to PDF's from Key Note. Key Note doesn't corrupt my images.

• Hilary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this an update that needs to be installed? If not, I see a place for Print Quality to be High and I have it checked but when I convert Ppt to PDF, my png images are still blurry, even with Print Quality set to high. Does this update not help increase quality of pngs (when ppt is converted to PDF) or am I missing something?
        Thanks so much

What on earth were you thinking when deciding to implement this as a global preference? The real use case is that you wan’t to decide the quality of the pdf export separately for each export depending on what the export is for. Now it’s just clumsy.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base