How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Embed videos from online sources (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)

please add the 'online video' feature on ppt 2016 for Mac !!!!

1,167 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Aurélie Gauthier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

137 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did not imagine it to be true, but as I explore the issue it is.... I can not embed a youtube video... lots of talk about an online sub menu, but nothing there..... can we get some feedback here please....

• Charlie Nixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The release notes for 16.15 claim that support for online video has been added, but the documentation for the feature doesn't work. I have no "online movie" option under the videos button. (I'm o365 E3 license/macos 10.13.6)

• Pu Koh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

does 'upcoming months' mean a year? what are all those engineers you hire doing? there's no one in the building that can do this?

• Aron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to embed YouTube videos in PPT for Mac 2016 as in prior versions of PPT. Some of the prior add-ins no longer exist.

• Frank Arcila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to link videos that I have hosted on an internal web server in my presentations. The videos are large and cannot be hosted on YouTube due to legal restrictions but I need to share the presentation amongst various colleagues. This would allow us to utilize our web server for our videos and keep our presentations in PowerPoint. As for your YouTube solution...it assumes everyone can post their content on YouTube, which we can't. If I could, I might as well use Google's Slides.

Please add a link to embed YouTube videos into slides on Mac for Office 365 PowerPoint.

• Simone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Online Pictures, videos etc should be available for inserting them into Office apps, just as they are on the Windows versions.

This is a major disadvantage for professional MAC users!

I want to be able to embed youtube videos in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac Book Pro.

Please add this! It's 2016 and it should be possible to do on a Mac for PowerPoint.

ou can't really *embed* YouTube videos the same way as your local video files -- that would be a violation of the YouTube usage policies. You have to have internet connection and the YouTube file source has to be available, in order for you to play it in your deck.

The Office Add-in support that we just released via the June update provides a way for you to playback a YouTube video in your slide. And, we'll keep working on adding that capability in the native PowerPoint app.

• AdminPowerPoint Product Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can't really *embed* YouTube videos the same way as your local video files -- that would be a violation of the YouTube usage policies. You have to have internet connection and the YouTube file source has to be available, in order for you to play it in your deck.

The Office Add-in support that we just released via the June update provides a way for you to playback a YouTube video in your slide. And, we'll keep working on adding that capability in the native PowerPoint app.

I'm merging this request to the YouTube support one. And, if you meant to propose inserting videos from a source other than YouTube or Vimeo, please vote on the other request: https://powerpoint.uservoice.com/forums/288925-powerpoint-for-mac/suggestions/9851313-please-add-the-online-video-feature-on-ppt-2016

The problem is not "online video support." The problem is that you cannot embed a video from youtube anymore. You can only embed a video that you have the file for.

We use the YouTube feature a lot. Disappointed this is no longer allowed. Can we bring it back?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base