How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Full Quick Access Toolbar support for Office for Mac 2016

PC QAT is a boon and better than customizing PPT for Mac 11, now we have neither option. It would be great if the exported QAT files would work across MAC and PC but that is a minor issue compared to being able to create a QAT and move it under the ribbon like in the PC versions.

37 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Daren Lewis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! You can now get this functionality via the Insider Fast update (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_insider-registration/announcing-the-first-ever-office-insider-fast/de603f73-3405-49d4-a6ee-d017773cb8a0). It will also be gradually deployed to the usual Insider channel and eventually get pushed to all users in a week or two.

Enjoy the feature, and please keep voting on what you’d like to see next. Thanks!

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fabian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the following 2 things:
        1) move QAT below the ribbon (like in PC Versions)
        2) Allow > 10 items in the QAT

In addition it would be great if items could be added via "right click" as we have it in the PC version

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like the toolbar can finally now be customized. Strange, but maybe I had to restart the computer? The "Ribbon and Toolbar" preferences section is there for me now.

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think this should not be marked as "COMPLETED." I don't see any change in v15.24. Still just 10 items in the QAT toolbar you can customize. I've never used any of those in my previous customized toolbar, so this is still useless to me. We need access to commands that do not have keyboard shortcuts and can currently only be accessed by digging through various ribbons and drop-downs: object alignment, distribution, flipping, rotation, for example. What was one click is now at least a 3-click process. I sometimes use these types of commands 100s of times in a day... it adds up quickly and kills my efficiency.

• Daren Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Based on the completed note above I've updated this evening and enabled insider fast. I'm on version 15.23 (160601) and the full QAT is not yet there. I still have the limited list of 10 commands. I'll keep checking over the next few days.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just voted for this but see that Microsoft replied that they started work on this back in October 2015. How much longer before we get this functionality back???

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is utter bullshit. Did you actually rip out the functionality that already existed in the previous version?

• Brady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great! The ability to add commands to the QAT will really improve my workflow.

• Michel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In previous versions of PowerPoint it was possible to customize tool bars and create new tool bars. This made it possible to put frequently used commands in a single place and eliminate the need to constantly switch to different ribbon bar menus... Please bring this productivity enhancing feature back..

• Daren Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At Presentation Summit the MSFT team asked for the commands I want most for the QAT...
        Save
        Save as
        Print
        Print Preview and Print
        Undo
        Redo
        New
        Open
        Close Window
        Shapes
        Shape Fill
        Shape Outline