PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Advanced Timeline Feature

It would be great if the Mac version of PowerPoint had the advanced timeline feature like the p.c version; where you can see the duration of each element as a coloured bar, and manually edit and slide the timing for each element along. This would make it a lot easier to achieve more advanced motion graphics on the Mac.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notes Page - Substandard Programming

In PowerPoint 2016 and 2019 for Mac, the notes pages have substandard programming. The right-click menu is a simple copy of the right-click menu for slides. It can't be called context-aware, because it isn't. In all Windows versions, the right-click menu for Notes Pages includes a command to reapply important features of the Notes Master (Notes Layout). This menu is missing in all versions of PowerPoint for Mac. Instead, a lazy programmer has added the right-click menu that applies only to slides.
    This need is especially relevant because PowerPoint Online currently corrupts Notes Pages when they are edited. Windows users…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Cannot export in ultra hd 4k on Mac but you can on Windows

Add a 4k ultra hd mp4 export option for Mac users. Extremely unfair and frustrating that I pay for software that has limited functions on Mac.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change Picture and keep same cropping

PLEASE allow users to replace a picture with a new one and keep the same cropping. Whenever I change out a picture, even though it is the same size (I edited it in photoshop), when I replace the picture it resets the cropping and I have to resize the image. Linking the image does not seem to work on my mac version of Powerpoint.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. show paste options

Show Paste Options in Powerpoint version 16.25 for Mac disappeared! You can not paste keeping source formatting anymore! In the preferences , edit section, you do not have the option to toggle on/off the Show Paste options buttons ... I guess that is why afterwards you can not access them while you are working?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Problem editing textbox in the latest version of Powerpoint for MAC 2016, ver 16.25

When editing an existing presentation in PowerPoint 2016, ver 16.25, latest update, it is impossible to edit a textbook. Double clicking on the textbook highlights the text but one cannot update said text. I circumvented the problem by editing the same presentation with PowerPoint for MAC 2011 to modify the textbook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Do not make PDF's bigger than the PPT file

The PDF file reported from PPT should never be bigger than the PPT file itself.
    However, I have a number of PPT files that, when exported to PDF, triple in file size. This is not good.
    I was told PPT might be trying to create "high quality" images (the PPT file contains lots of images), but I don't see how image quality can be increased beyond what is already there in the PPT source.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add animation before slide transition (or automate slide transition after click-activated animation is done playing))

I frequently find myself wanting an exit animation for the content of my slide immediately before the transition to the next slide (for example, the text might zoom out of view before the whole slide dissolves). Currently, the only way to do this is to duplicate the slide and set automatic timings on the duplicate, which means that if anyone wants to edit the slide, they must edit both copies. It would be really nice if you could tell Powerpoint to advance the slide after a certain animation plays (maybe a special "advance slide" event in the animation timeline?) or…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hyperlink to headers or images rather than page numbers in PPT

Hi there! I create presentations for a living and am getting more and more requests for decks that can be used on a laptop or iPad that function as an FAQ. Client wants to be able to click from hyperlinks in a TOC to reach individual subjects in the document. Sadly, every time the client wants to update, it changes the page numbers and we have to re-hyperlink everything. Is it possible to update the system for internal document hyperlinks to function the way MSWord does? Can we hyperlink to a header or line of text rather than just the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hyperlink to headers or images rather than page numbers in PPT

Hi there! I create presentations for a living and am getting more and more requests for decks that can be used on a laptop or iPad that function as an FAQ. Client wants to be able to click from hyperlinks in a TOC to reach individual subjects in the document. Sadly, every time the client wants to update, it changes the page numbers and we have to re-hyperlink everything. Is it possible to update the system for internal document hyperlinks to function the way MSWord does? Can we hyperlink to a header or line of text rather than just the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adjust word spacing

Just like setting the spacing between letters, please provide a way to adjust spacing between words. Sometimes fonts, like Source Sans Pro, render with very narrow spacing between words.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Audio does NOT export, as promised. No embedded fonts, as promised.

The instructions for PP on a mac (365) assure us that embedded fonts are a thing. LIE. There isn't even an option! The instructions for PP on a mac (365) talk about exporting with audio. LIE. The audio won't export as an embedded recording in the file. WHY??? What the freaking heck is the problem with Microsoft??? Had I not just spent weeks creating these presentations I wouldn't be angry as %&#*#...but I have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Record slide show with Pen Tool

Please add the ability to annotate while doing a presentation recording. This would be similar to Ink on windows. The feature existed with Mix but not available in PowerPoint 16.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. aynı sunuda hem yatay hem de dikey sayfa kullanılabilmeli.

aynı sunuda hem yatay hem de dikey sayfa kullanılabilmeli.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a Column Break command for multiple column text boxes

Add a Column Break command for multiple column text boxes

Currently in a multiple column text box, one has to add extra spaces to force a line into the second column, why not have a column break command in PPT as there is in Word?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. YOU FUCKERS TURNED ON AUTOMATIC ONEDRIVE SAVE?

FUCKING UP MY WORKFLOW AND RUINING HOW I FIND DOCUMENTS IN FINDER ON MAC? FUCK YOU! FUCK YOURSELVES. SHIT PRODUCT. NOW WORSE THAN SKYPE.

Feature request: do not default-save to onedrive.

FUCKS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow me to actually SAVE my updates on my presentation!!!

Allow me to actually SAVE my updates on my presentation!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Save as PDF - PDF version standard

Export/Save as PDF should use the same PDF version standard across all Microsoft products for example version 1.7 regardless if using Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, or Microsoft Online and regardless of using the option use Microsoft online service to generate the PDF or using the local service.
    This consistency is critical to having a consistent and supported cross platform user experience with PDFs being used or printed which were created by Microsoft products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow MULTIPLE presenter view outputs in a multi-monitor setup like Keynote does.

Allow PPT to output DIFFERENT views - notes only on one output, Full presenter view on another and Presentation on a third?

This works very easily on Apple's Keynote where you can configure the presenter view differently for each monitor on a multi-monitor setup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Icon Library Search

Search functionality in the icon library so we can quickly find what we are looking for rather than scrolling up and down the list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base