PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Fix bugs in recording audio slideshow where audio is intermittently dropped

In theory, I love the feature within PowerPoint (desktop version, not available in online format of PPT) where you can "record slide show" and audio is attached to each slide, which is super easy to update as needed, and then export as a video file to use on youtube, etc. HOWEVER, it's been a known issue for at least 15 years (per forums I've found online) that this feature is super glitchy. Most significantly, the audio file doesn't always record, but you don't know until your "recording session" is done and saved and you realize all or half your slides…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export to separate pdf file for each slide...used to be able to do this

Export to separate pdf file for each slide...used to be able to do this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Keep embedded fonts when copying slides to another presentation

It's fantastic to finally have font embedding in the Mac version of PowerPoint, but it would be even better if it was possible for embedded fonts to stay embedded if slides are copied to another presentation that uses a different theme.

Presentations (especially for conferences or collaborative pitches) are very often assembled using slides submitted by different presenters from different organisations who have different templates and themes. At the moment it seems that some of the formatting (backgrounds, colours etc) can be preserved when pasting slides, but embedded fonts are substituted and do not display. Fonts are just as integral…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PDF Compression Capability

PDF compression not possible currently on Mac. Was available earlier.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable live preview in PowerPoint for Mac

The Live Preview feature is not enabled / Implemented in PowerPoint for Mac. I've seen people asking to enable live preview for different functions as suggestions. So I'm making this ticket as an aggregated ticket for all live preview functions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bring the slide zoom feature back

Slide zoom was available for a short while in Powerpoint for Mac. But now it is no longer available. Bring it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow for Audible speaker notes in powerpoint to make it more accessible

I am Autistic, I struggle to make and follow notes, I don't think I am dyslexic but when I look at notes the words jump around, which causes me to lose my train of thought. Not having this feature limits the accessibility of the product to people that are blind, partially sighted, learning disabled, illiterate and Dyslexic. Being able to listen to an audio prompt on each slide would work much better for me and I'm sure other disabled people

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create a new type of grouping called Matrix

As a marketing professional, I often use slides that show a group view of partners/customers displaying their logos. Like a matrix.

I tried to do it with a table but, unlike in Word, it is not possible to paste a picture inside a table cell, only to set it as a background for the cell, which is part of the formatting and does not allow for easy reallocation using copy/paste

Every time a new partner has to be added/removed, I have to manually rearrange the entire matrix of logos, and then realign vertically and horizontally. It is very time consuming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Needs Equation Autocorrect in PowerPoint for Mac

Equation autocorrect (such as turning \alpha to α) has once worked on PowerPoint 2016 for Mac but it disappeared on PowerPoint 2019 for Mac (strangely autocorrect still exists in the initial release of PowerPoint 2019, but it no longer works after the November 2018 update). This is a very important feature. Hope that MS can bring it back (and please do not reserve it for Office 365 subscribers)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have a "check for issues" like in Windows

On Windows PowerPoint there's an option to check for issues which can remove sensitive metadata and also remove speaker notes. This would be great to have on the Mac version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Retain Hyperlinks on Shapes Saved to PDF

1. Add a shape to a PowerPoint 2011 or 2016 slide.
    2. Add a hyperlink to the shape.
    3. Save the file as PDF and open in Reader. The hyperlink is gone.

This works as expected in the Windows versions of PowerPoint, please fix!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable force-click in Word to access either dictionary like in other apps or to enable smart lookup

Enable force-click in office apps to access either dictionary, like in other apps, or to enable smart lookup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Paste at cursor or viewport centre by default and add "paste in place"

If I want to copy an object and use it again at some other place on the slide or another slide, it's very cumbersome if the object gets pasted close to where the copied object was. It's rather unlikely that I need it there. That's especially annoying if the paste position isn't even within my view port! Therefore pasting should happen at the position of the cursor or the centre of the view port. Additionally I want to point out that besides it being for the windows version, the "paste in place" feature requested in https://powerpoint.uservoice.com/forums/288949-powerpoint-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/13727943-paste-in-place is needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Active the Grow/Shrink animation and option to custom the size !!!

In Animation, allow user to custom the size of for Grow/Shrink animation features just like in Wondow version

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Update version to work with macOS Mojave

When you open Office for Mac 11, it shows that it is a 32 bit version; whereas 64 bit version is what is needed for the mac update. Kindly update OFFICE for MAC also to 64 bit version (true for Word, Excel, Keynote, and Powerpoint all)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Snap to shape gone

The snap to shape option does not exist and when "Dynamic Guides" and "Guidces" are both checked and "Snap to grid is unchecked, everytime I create a shape it still defaults to having a border. Maybe there is a way to solve this but everywhere I have looked suggests turning on snap to shape.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add projecting caps to the ends of lines

Please add Project Caps to the ends of Lines so when we're aligning horizontal and vertical lines, they join to make a clean corner without gaps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Auto-Save

I am a college student writing a paper for a class. I saved my paper a total of 3 times and when PowerPoint decided to quit the application, all of my progress was lost. Why is it when it was "saved" it really wasn't. There should be an automatic auto-save every time the application is idle for more than 3 seconds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Insert or link to a video on Wistia

Allow inserting videos as links from Wistia.com, just like YouTube and Vimeo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Insert or link to a video on Wistia

Allow inserting videos as links from Wistia.com, just like YouTube and Vimeo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base