PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add the ability to view gridlines as you are able to in PowerPoint on Windows

In the Windows version of PowerPoint, one is able to show gridlines on a slide, and possibly edit the size. This is not possible on the Mac version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable live preview in PowerPoint for Mac

The Live Preview feature is not enabled / Implemented in PowerPoint for Mac. I've seen people asking to enable live preview for different functions as suggestions. So I'm making this ticket as an aggregated ticket for all live preview functions.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Find the distance between two objects?

For example, in Sketch, I can click on a box, hit my Mac "alt" button, hover over another object, and Sketch will automatically tell me that the objects are 155 pixels apart or something like that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Find the distance between two objects?

For example, in Sketch, I can click on a box, hit my Mac "alt" button, hover over another object, and Sketch will automatically tell me that the objects are 155 pixels apart or something like that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow setting of default file extension for "Save as Picture" or at least remember the last format choice.

The ability to save images and shapes as pictures in PDF is a great feature of PowerPoint on Mac. Please enable users to set the default file extension for "Save as Picture", for example, as PDF. Currently, PowerPoint always defaults saving to .PNG file.

At the very least, PowerPoint should remember the user's last format choice and default to that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. add design ideas to powerpoint office Home & Business 2019.

am struggling with my new powerpoint as am using windows before and have the design ideas which helped me a lot while with my office Home & Business 2019. can't use it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. software development advice

Please have your developers use and become proficient at a basic graphic design program. Graphic designers by and large are your primary users and happen to use software that has a designer's logic to it. Powerpoint's basic functionality and workflow consistently ignores this "best practice" development approach and causes so many discontinuities (read: Frustration) that if it wasn't so maddening it would be laughable. That said, there are some basic things that would make the program more user friendly:

1. Bezier curves: This is a extremely critical function! Illustrator provides fine controls that makes curves easy and quick to do…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. sort text alphabetically similar to Excel

Sort text alphabetically similar to Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable offline ability to browse version history

I was shocked to see that I can no longer use PowerPoint or Word with offline access to previous versions. Browsing version history only works if you're using OneDrive. First, I frequently work in places without internet access, and second, I hate OneDrive, and third, it feels like manipulation to get me to use OneDrive against my will, and fourth, it is a downgrade from my previous Office software. When I mis-save a version or don't save one by mistake, I expect the previous version to be available to me as has been the case on earlier Office products. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. subtitle

I would love the ability to add subtitle files to videos in powerpoint. PC has this option and has for some time. Why is this feature not available on Mac. We have live subtitling available on both platforms, why not adding subtitles to videos.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. On corporate PPT (Volume License 2016) the highlight button has been removed, but exists in Office 365 versions. Please reinstate.

On corporate PPT (Volume License 2016) the highlight button has been removed, but exists in Office 365 versions. Please reinstate. I don't see any reason for differentiation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bring 2016 MacOS version of MS Office (including) PowerPoint up to date

Ever since I got an annual subscription to MS Office the functionality of PPT, Word and Excel has got less each year. It appears that there is no attempt by MS to update Office to keep current with MacOS updates.

So many of the menus do not work for example:
    Margins
    Borders
    Font Colors
    Fill colors

There are many more; its beyond frustrating trying to find work arounds (or not) to compose work product the way that the one wants/needs to.

Currently in 2019, the latest version of MS Office is version 15.18 which dates from 2015 (4 years ago)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. @mention people on slides

option to @mention people on slides. Comments work well but it would be great to @mention on specific slides for everyone to see

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dzongkha Unicode text not rendering properly in PowerPoint, MacBook

Typing Dzongkha (using Tibetan script) in MacBook PowerPoint does not render properly. The texts overlap with each other. Please help resolve this issue in MacBook.I can send a screenshot of an example for this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I need to be able to zoom in on a particular slide during presentation mode. Please enable this for mac.

While in presentation mode, I need to be able to zoom in while on a particular slide. I don't need to zoom to another slide, but need to zoom in on the slide that is on screen. This issue was raised before, but closed out when you provided SUMMARY ZOOM.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change default pasting text option

When pasting text, please make it optional to change the default settings to something other than "Use destination theme." Eliminating the need to have to toggle down each time text entries are entered.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Office Theme (for Mac) with Black Please!!!!!

Let's get grey/black options for Office Theme for Mac please? Why just Windows? Us mac users need this too!

Thanks

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PLEASE restore the online photo/clip art search to the insert function. Good grief-it takes me several extra steps and more time!

Online clip art & photos take so much more time to implement. What were the designers thinking?! Please, please, restore that function! I was on the line for a good hour with Level 2 Tech Support and even they had a hard time figuring it out!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Import pre-built quick access toolbar

Please allow for importing pre-built quick access toolbars, just like is allowed in Windows/PC applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base