PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. To be able to enter videos vertically

That there is the possibility of introducing videos recorded vertically and that they are reproduced without the screen in black

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To be able to enter videos vertically

That there is the possibility of introducing videos recorded vertically and that they are reproduced without the screen in black

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Record slide show with Pen Tool

Please add the ability to annotate while doing a presentation recording. This would be similar to Ink on windows. The feature existed with Mix but not available in PowerPoint 16.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make it easier for us to quickly find the icon on the toolbar that we need

Currently the new PPT for Mac looks like a hipster designer updated the icons on the toolbar - but when three are the same shade of blue they are VERY hard to differentiate quickly - adding to our cognitive load. If the design team can't make their updates easy for ongoing users to adapt to - then let us change the colours etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Diagram Measurement-Style Ends to Arrow Type Options for Lines

Please add the ability to select ┣ and ┫as Begin and End Arrow Types for lines. This would be very useful for when I have to diagram something and use lines to display measurements (like on a blueprint).

This can currently only be done by attaching small lines to the ends of the line that spans the measured length, which can be difficult and time-consuming to use.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix the PDF export and import !!!! (and re-enable the personalisation of the toolbar)

I recently updated all my computers (work and personal) to Powerpoint 2018 (version 16.21) from an older version (I think 2016) and I was already quite annoyed by the fact that we cannot peronnalise the toolbar anymore without getting a 365 subscription. Your software is already expensive enough that buying it should make it possible to use it completely without the need to pay again. But I could live with a non-personalised toolbar, but now I discover that I cannot save my presentations as pdf anymore, since the quality of the images get super crapy and given the number of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reapply Master to Notes pages missing in PPT 16.2

Where did Reapply Master to Notes pages disappear to? This is a vital function in our shop, and it seems to have gone missing in the latest Mac version of PowerPoint.

You must bring it back!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please allow images in PDF format to be pasted into PowerPoint (/Word) without destroying their quality

I love being able to take PDF screenshots or figures and paste them into presentations, so that the quality of the presentation remains high and the images aren't pixilated.

Unfortunately, with the latest updates to Office 2019 / Office 365 (at least with 16.21 190117), images inserted into PowerPoints and Word files as PDFs become pixilated and desaturated as soon as the file is saved. The results look awful on any high quality display, and are unusable for presentations or reports (even sometimes illegible altogether).

This has made it capturing screenshots on a Mac or exporting high-quality images from other…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Screen Rash Corruption is occurring with increasing frequency in 16.16.6 & Mac OS 10.14.3

Myself, and other colleagues are experiencing increasing amounts of "Screen Rash" corruption with PowerPoint 16.16.6 & Mac OS 10.14.3. The screen rash looks like lines of pixels in various areas of the screen. In the old days this would look like a computer who's video section is going out. It occurs in Presentation Mode. It is getting bad enough that many of us must use Keynote to present our Decks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export to PDF

Export to PDF
    Having read through various comments, there are a number of topics all relating to being able to export to PDF, single, or multiple slides rather than all of them.
    Could someone merge these, so that the votes are counted correctly, and add a few votes for those those comments made to the Export to PDF options thread, which have been made post the thread was marked as being completed!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Insert place holders so we can edit large files without getting it laggy/buggy until export

Insert place holders for images/videos win a simple preview so we can edit large files without getting it laggy/buggy until export

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Insert place holders so we can edit large files without getting it laggy/buggy until export

Insert place holders for images/videos win a simple preview so we can edit large files without getting it laggy/buggy until export

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add the ability to ungroup vector objects in Powerpoint so that they can be editable!

In previous versions we could import .emf files and ungroup them so that they could be edited. Why was this functionality removed???

This is very important as my clients like to be able to modify the icons I design for them, to change colours, etc. It was very frustrating that I was able to do this previously, but now can't!

I can now import SVG files and change the colour in Powerpoint, but I can't ungroup the object into parts so it's fully editable, why is this?

I now have to use Open Office, import .emf files, 'break' the object,…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. GLOBAL KEEP ORIGINAL FORMAT/THEME OPTION

I move many slides from one presentation to the next, and sometimes the themes are different and I am forever having to tell PPT to use the source formatting parameters. it's just plain annoying.

On the Mac there should be a way of setting the default so that the slide looks exactly like the original wherever it is transferred to.

I don't use styles and themes -- I imagine there are many PPT users like me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More control for multiple monitors

I work for a university and we have varying set-ups in classrooms. A couple set-ups have been displaying slideshows on all monitors, instead of just one. My idea is to give more options in the settings for displaying slideshows. And to be able to have it set as default. Changing to "Browse by individual" is tedious for instances where multiple students have presentations because you'd have to edit every presentation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Export sections to PDF

Please include sections in PDF Export.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow .gif to be inserted as a "movie" again (like in ppt 2011)

In ppt 2011, a gif could be inserted as a "movie". So, I could edit if I wanted the gif to be played "on click" or "automatically" and whether it should "loop", "rewind", "play full screen" and so on. There was no need to go to a third party website and edit the gif itself, and I could decide WHEN the gif would play. For example, only play "on click" after I discussed the slide's content first. It took a couple seconds to click these options and move on to the next slide.

On ppt 2019, the only way to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon