PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to add progress dots on presentation slide to see how many slides are left

I've seen people giving presentations that have a sort of progress roadmap through the presentation, with each slide represented by a dot that changes colour when you've covered it. This website shows how to do it, but it doesn't seem to work on mac. http://ed.loper.org/projects/progress_dots/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable browsing for templates by category

When opening the application, I should be able to browse for templates by category opposed to having to type search words. In this sense I can browse the full repository. When if my search words do not match the metadata behind your object descriptions? Suddenly, I could be missing out on many templates that I otherwise could have found useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Save to DropBox location for Windows and Mac

In Office 2013 users had the ability to add non-Microsoft cloud storage providers (DropBox Google) to "Add a Place". This interoperability was a valuable asset to the user trying to use Office applications. In Office 2016 the ability to add DropBox is no longer available in the UI. The only options are Microsoft cloud stores.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow fade in/out of audio clips

It's possible in windows so why not mac?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow us to hide the ribbon tabs

If we've hidden the ribbon, we're clearly not needing to use it, so it makes zero sense not to also let us hide the ribbon tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automated index/table of content

An automatical index in the same way as in „Word“ would be saving lots of time.

If with a click on an option, PP would take all the titles automatically and put them in a list with the page numbers. Would be also great to have the option to format this index individually, after it is set up by the application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a timer widget

Add a timer widget to the PPT show. Allowing me to provide a timer display during presentation mode. Provide options:
    a) Reset per section
    b) show only on Section X, Y, Z, etc..
    c) Set amount of time to count-down
    d) Show CLOCK instead

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hotkeys to move bullets up or down

Mac users should be able to move bullets up or down in a list with a hotkey like PC users can with Alt-Shift-Right and Alt-Shift-Left.

At a minimum, give us a way to add the Move Up and Move Down commands to a PowerPoint menu so we can use the Mac OS functionality to create the hotkey. (and Promote, Demote, so we don't have to use the tab key which doesn't work to Promote when the cursor is in the middle of a line)

Currently the menu items only exist in Outline View on the pop-up menu when you right-click.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add complex script support in Font dialog like Word for Mac

June 2016 release of Word for Mac first-time adding complex script support. This feature isn't available on PowerPoint for Mac but already been available on PowerPoint for many years. Please don't forget to support this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Put back the right-hand vertical scrollbar please

In all previous versions of PPT there has been a right-hand scrollbar for the main slideview. This has been removed in the latest version and is now only available through the thumbnails view on the left-hand side (which forces you to always have thumbnails open whether you need/want to or not). Scrollbars are essential, particularly when working with longer documents. Also comparing 2 docs side by side is difficult now as you have to have thumbnails open on both in order to move through them, taking up valuable screen space (and the thumbnails window must also be a certain size…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add back "combine union intersect subtract" editing functions.

Please add back "combine union intersect subtract" functions - these are essential for creating custom shapes that are missing in the "Shapes" selection panel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add option to export animations into separate images

As a user I want to have the option to export animations as additional images.

Background: I produce videos of my talks by exporting all slides to single images. Afterwards, I import these PNGs into a video editor like iMovie or Premiere and add an audio track which I recorded separately during my talk. Here's the thing: When I export the slides to PNGs, animations aren't exported – only the "final" version or end state is exported as an image. My current workaround is, not to use animations and to built these animations manually by duplicating the slide and adding the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automated image editing for comparison of "before-after" images.

Powerpoint would automatically offer to adjust the editing functions (zoom, crop, pan, tags etc.) of "after" image to that of "before" image.

When presenting in radiology it is important to present before-after images in the most consistent way; when I present an image of a brain at a baseline study and after six months, I want the two images to fit to each other as much as possible, almost like it's the same image, so the audience can focus on the differences between the two. To allow them focusing on only the relevant differences, we need to get rid of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Rehearse specific section

Instead of rehearsing the whole presentation, please provide an option to rehearse timing of a speicifc section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Converting Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese

When I need to prepare two version of presentations for viewers, in Traditional and Simplified Chinese, I could not find a function to convert the file directly and easily.
    I need to translate each text box one by one every time and it is very time-consuming.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unable to do Save As to OneDrive Folder and Local Directory At the Same Time

I notice that it is necessary to do two save as functions of a Powerpoint presentation document if I want to have a current copy both in my OneDrive folder and local directory or drive on my Mac. At the moment I have do a save as of a document to my OneDrive folder then do a second save as of the same document to a local directory or drive.

Important suggestion is for the developers to urgently consider writing an option of allowing the saving of files into the two locations at the same time, without having to so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. What about a sequence of appearing depending on the answer of the participants

About animation, I would like the words to appear only when the auditors have given the answer. Like there are 7 words to be given, and when that word is mentionned, then I can make it appear. So there is no particular sequence, it will only be depending on the answers. When the 7 words have been found, I can go to the next slide

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base