PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Slide font corruption if it has objects in Enhanced Metafile Format

You copy object from PowerPoint for Windows desktop app and paste it to another slide as Enhanced Metafile Format. If you open the slide which has the EMF objects, you see characters are corrupted in the deck. This happens in PowerPoint for Microsoft 365 for Mac version 16.44(20121301) or later. Please fix this problem.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show pointer on recorded slides.

Office 365 has a feature that allows you to view a prerecorded pointer if the presenter used it when recording the slideshow.

The pointer shows on a prerecorded slideshow in Windows, however, the same file doesn't show the pointer on a Mac.

Adding this feature will make life easier, especially with online learning.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow PowerPoint Presenter view to open in other than full screen mode

When showing a powerPoint presentation projected or on another monitor using Presenter view on the computer, there is a need to be able to view other docs/apps without stopping the presentation. But Presenter view only operates in full screen mode, leaving no access to other docs/apps/windows. Toggle window doesn't work on a Mac. Either toggle window needs to work, or the Presenter view window needs to be smaller than fullscreen to allow access to other docs/apps/windows. This is especially important for a Zoom session when there is a need to look at other documents while sharing one monitor showing the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Slide and Presenter's view in a single monitor setup

Hi there!
    Like many of us, I use my laptop without a second screen.
    When it comes to presenting via Zoom this gets tricky. Ideally, I want to share the presentation and be able to watch my presenter's notes.
    But as of now, that's not possible. Neither in full-screen nor in windowed mode I'm able to get into the presenter's console without stopping the actual presentation. Any hacks like only sharing the thumbnail in the presenter's view or using Sidecar on a MacBook aren't really appropriate as the quality gets unbearably low.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add "Body Language" option to "Rehearse with Coach"

I have seen several articles on-line that the AI Powerpoint Coach can also assess body language (only head and shoulders). I have not been able to find that option, but it would be an extremely valuable tool for my students.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Shift + arrow key for 10x movement

This is a function that every piece of graphic design software has, including Keynote and Google Slides. It makes moving objects and text in a precise way a lot faster. Another basic and near-universal design program functionality that PPT lacks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Width and then height, not the other way around

The dimension/format panels should have width first, and then height, like literally every other piece of design software on the planet. This is one of the many, many things that makes PPT one of the most frustrating programs for the professional designer to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add math functions to the dimension pane

In Adobe software, you can type a mathematical function in to the transformation pane, eg. 10*3 or 12/4 and the software will apply the new dimension based on your math. This would be useful in PPT because - get ready for it - it's 2021 and PowerPoint still does not use pixel dimensions, even though it is a digital graphics program and all external graphics are created and/or sourced using pixels, AND PPT assumes everything is 96ppi, even though professional graphics software defaults to 72, meaning almost all digital graphics imported into PPT are designed at 72. So you have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Paragraph and character styles, please!

Why can't we create/modify paragraph and character styles with a format pane as robust as Word? Header 1, Header 2, captions, custom bullets et al that don't have to be reformatted over and over again would make things so much faster, consistent, and easier. Your end user is familiar with paragraph styles in Word, give them a little credit to be able to use them in PowerPoint as well.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back "Reuse slide" and allow formatting options when inserting slides

In Office for Mac 2011 (and for current Windows Users) one can choose to reuse a single slide (or 2, 3 etc) from another presentation and retain the original formatting. No more! With 2016 the user is forced to add ALL slides from the secondary presentation - and the formatting is automatically changed, too. For example, if you need 2 slides from a 100 slide presentation, all 100 slides are inserted and all formatting auto-changed to the receiving presentation. This renders the feature virtually useless and costs users a ton of time that wasn't previously required. The Microsoft Tech team…

399 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to adjust rounded rectangle corners to different radii/radiuses, independently.

E.g. Top-Left: 3mm; Top-Right: 0mm; Bottom-Right: 15mm; Bottom-Left: 10mm.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adjustable Pen-Thickness during Presentations and in Recording Mode

It would be great if we could adjust the pen thickness (ink) in presentations and recording mode. Recording the cursor should be left to the user's choice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Playing linked media on Mac

I have spent a frustrating 1 1/2 hours chatting to tech support to try and get a function that works easily on PC to do the same on Mac. The result being that the tech support guy concluded that Mac will not support this feature.....
    All I want to work out is how to play linked video files on Mac. I follow the steps to link the media ( media on my computer) without issue - however, when I try and play the media, it opens up in a window 'behind' the PPT presentation and I have to exit the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop selected PowerPoint language from resetting back to English (US)

Nomatter what I do, I can't change my default PowerPoint language to English (AU) and it's incredibly frustrating as the option is provided, yet it still changes back to English (US) nomatter what other language I select.
    After reading other people's posts, it's clear that this has been an unsolved issue for years now, so please get onto it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a function in the "Draw" tab that allows you to highlight and underline text in straight lines!

Add and setting in "Draw" Tab in which you can highlight or underline text on slides in a straight line to keep from having to use your trackpad. Almost like a ruler or straight edge function that you could turn on or off depending on if you want you "pen" or "highlighter" to go in a straight horizontal line.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Restore files after closing app

MS Office Mac 2011 used to include flies restoring as they were when closing an app. Apple Mac apps reopen files automatically after an app closes and then automatically reopens all the same files when the app is relaunched, i.e. Text Edit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Presenter note- change in font and color

Like in apple keynote, I would like to change text color and font size in presenter notes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. last slide shortcut

I need a shortcut that would allow me to jump to the last slide of my presentation using a MacBook Pro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Price is right template

A template resembling the price is right for ease of presentation and to enhance interaction with colleagues

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base