PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Enable offline ability to browse version history

I was shocked to see that I can no longer use PowerPoint or Word with offline access to previous versions. Browsing version history only works if you're using OneDrive. First, I frequently work in places without internet access, and second, I hate OneDrive, and third, it feels like manipulation to get me to use OneDrive against my will, and fourth, it is a downgrade from my previous Office software. When I mis-save a version or don't save one by mistake, I expect the previous version to be available to me as has been the case on earlier Office products. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable live preview in PowerPoint for Mac

The Live Preview feature is not enabled / Implemented in PowerPoint for Mac. I've seen people asking to enable live preview for different functions as suggestions. So I'm making this ticket as an aggregated ticket for all live preview functions.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change Picture and keep same cropping

PLEASE allow users to replace a picture with a new one and keep the same cropping. Whenever I change out a picture, even though it is the same size (I edited it in photoshop), when I replace the picture it resets the cropping and I have to resize the image. Linking the image does not seem to work on my mac version of Powerpoint.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change default pasting text option

When pasting text, please make it optional to change the default settings to something other than "Use destination theme." Eliminating the need to have to toggle down each time text entries are entered.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Retain BOTH Hyperlinks and Fonts in Saved PDFs

Users have to choose between keeping hyperlinks or keeping fonts in a PDF saved from PowerPoint. This choice is unacceptable, the PDF save needs to retain both. Windows users don't have to make this choice.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Office Theme (for Mac) with Black Please!!!!!

Let's get grey/black options for Office Theme for Mac please? Why just Windows? Us mac users need this too!

Thanks

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I need to be able to zoom in on a particular slide during presentation mode. Please enable this for mac.

While in presentation mode, I need to be able to zoom in while on a particular slide. I don't need to zoom to another slide, but need to zoom in on the slide that is on screen. This issue was raised before, but closed out when you provided SUMMARY ZOOM.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Transparency for shapes and groups

For shapes it is currently possible to adjust the transparency of the fill, the outline and the included text. However, to my knowledge there is still no option to adjust the transparency of the shape including fill, outline and text as such. This is despite the fact that this effect would be very useful to guide the audience from one element to another on different slides. Often this is achieved by semi transparent overlays and , but really that is just a mediocre workaround. Another, better, workaround is adding a transparency animation right from the start of a slide, but…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PowerPoint Paste options button always in the way. LET ME HIDE IT!!!

PowerPoint Paste options button always in the way. LET ME HIDE IT!!!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. fatima khaled

it is like a tower

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Record slide show with Pen Tool

Please add the ability to annotate while doing a presentation recording. This would be similar to Ink on windows. The feature existed with Mix but not available in PowerPoint 16.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add the ability to view gridlines as you are able to in PowerPoint on Windows

In the Windows version of PowerPoint, one is able to show gridlines on a slide, and possibly edit the size. This is not possible on the Mac version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add half circle to basic shapes

Please add a half circle to the basic shapes

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. rethink master templates

Please rethink master templates...

- Make easy to manage and deploy master template iterations and across a landscape of 500+ presentations (HTML?, CSS?)

- Text boxes with multiple typographic styles such as paragraphs, lists, tables, h1 - h4. This way the text box in the template can define alignment, position, and breath-ability across more design patterns. (Think web content management)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow setting of default file extension for "Save as Picture" or at least remember the last format choice.

The ability to save images and shapes as pictures in PDF is a great feature of PowerPoint on Mac. Please enable users to set the default file extension for "Save as Picture", for example, as PDF. Currently, PowerPoint always defaults saving to .PNG file.

At the very least, PowerPoint should remember the user's last format choice and default to that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring back selective use and formatting of Reuse Slides

In Office for Mac 2011 (and for current Windows Users) one can choose to reuse a single slide (or 2, 3 etc) from another presentation and retain the original formatting. No more! With 2016 the user is forced to add ALL slides from the secondary presentation - and the formatting is automatically changed, too. For example, if you need 2 slides from a 100 slide presentation, all 100 slides are inserted and all formatting auto-changed to the receiving presentation. This renders the feature virtually useless and costs users a ton of time that wasn't previously required. The Microsoft Tech team…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Return to English language

Please provide way to return to English language! Lost electrical power for 15 hours. When restored my PowerPoint is only available in the Greek language. Help!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Don't make me type units

The fields in the Paragraph dialog box don't compensate when you forget to type the units, even when they're presupposed. It doesn't even fill in the units for you after the alert box pops up.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Vector files to PPT

The design community readily relies on the MAC and Adobe Illustrator for designing, meaning entire page layouts, not just artwork/shapes. I have tried different conversion options for MAC AI to PPT and none work properly. The ability to convert an entire page, pulling over the artwork and text all at once, without disturbance to the layout would be a huge bonus to PPT capabilities.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base