PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Need more keystrokes Use double letters and Command

Align has no sh shortcuts. You could put Command AL to align all images to the left. Command AR, Command AB, Command AT, Command AM, Command AC Command ADH Command ADV. It would be very nice to create customized keystrokes easily. Photoshop allows great customization

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. adodb support in VBA on macOS

I have developed some VBA Macros to support a Line of Business function that pulls data from SQL Server to update the weekly reports. Problem is ... these only work on Windows because of the ADODB ActiveX library. Am I missing something obvious that would let me get them working in PowerPoint for Mac as well ... if not, would love to see ADODB support (SQL Native Client v11 specifically) added... (though happy to re-write these however needed to get it working cross platform!)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bring the slide zoom feature back

Slide zoom was available for a short while in Powerpoint for Mac. But now it is no longer available. Bring it back.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. history toolbar drop down menu for last 10-15 commands / actions

In creating slides for an image filled teaching lecture would like to access my last actions because they usually repeat for each slide I make. I think a drop down button showing last options would be useful to me. Once there was a box with image manager where size, position, crop were on in one place

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. rearrange icons on ribbons eg font upsize arrow is on the right of downsize arrow on one ribbon and on another it is revmenu and on the lfet

Want ability to rearrange icons in aribbon: in one ribbone font upsize arrow is on the right of downsize arrow and on another ribbon menu it is and on the left

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Windowed slideshow mode

I often follow presentations with a copy of a ppt on my computer. I would love to be able to view a slideshow in presentation mode through a non-fullscreen window. This would allow me to view the presentation as-intended without seeing spelling and grammar recommendations or other chrome from editing mode.. but still multitask on a desktop with multiple other windows open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please put in show all slides on the presenter view

So, for some reason the navigation pane on the presenter view will only show the first seven slides and then I can't see any of the slides. So if I want to go back to some slide, I don't know what to click on cause I can't see it. I will be able to do this if I can see all slides, or if the mac PowerPoint has a show all slides button/icon like windows. Please put it in!!!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When will you fix the audio narration export to video feature for Mac users?? You promise that it works in PPT 2019, but NO IT DOESN'T

This is criminal! Stop saying that this feature now works for Mac users in PPT 2019. It doesn't. ADMIT IT, and then let us know when it will work again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mac powerpoint can not rename when I insert Object from Excel file like as Window.

Mac powerpoint can not rename when I insert Object from Excel file like as Window. That really make me so hardly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Setting shortcut to change pen colour during presentation

As tried with PowerPoint for Mac 2011 there is no way to set shortcut to change pen colour during presentation. I would like to use keyboard shortcuts or pen buttons to decide which colour to switch to while drawing in presentation mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remettre l'option "lien" pour le collage spécial de Excel vers Powerpoint 2016

Le collage spécial avec liaison d'excel vers Pwrtne fonctionne pas , les données ne sont à priori pas liées, il serait bien d'avoir la possibilité de créer le lien et pouvoir vérifier son existence

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. when EXPORTING a jpg slide - please can we change the DEFAULT to jpg instead of having to select it each time

to save INDIVIDUAL slides in JPG format you have to click on EXPORT and then CHOOSE the JPG option because the PDF option is set as the default... is there any way that you can make Exporting PDF slides as the default - so that you do not have to select pdf every time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There needs to be a way to insert multiple photos to individual slides on MAC

Just as you can do on a PC, you need to be able to insert multiple photos onto individual slides so you don't have to do this one at a time. On a PC you can just choose a photo album.

Also you need to be able to switch to other photo libraries, not just the main one, to select your slides.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Icon Library Search

Search functionality in the icon library so we can quickly find what we are looking for rather than scrolling up and down the list.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add ability to customize Apple Touch Bar for PPT. It would be great to be able to include forward and back arrows

Apple Touch Bar is now supported for PowerPoint, but there is no capability to customize the Touch Bar. We need this ability to fully exploit PowerPoint with Touch Bar, particularly when using it with the new Sidecar capability. Particularly useful would be the ability to include Forward and Backward keys on the Touch Bar so that a PowerPoint presentation could be advanced (from one slide to the next, or backward) by using the Touch Bar when the presentation is being shown on an iPad that is being used in Side Car mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add the ability to LOCK AN OBJECT not on a master page

ADD Layers, OR simply add a right click option to lock and unlock an object without having to put it on the master page.

How hard is this to do? I have hundreds of designers I work with daily who all prefer adobe over ppt because of this single feature.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ver más de cinco presentaciones de powerpoint al mismo tiempo

Me dedico a dar conferencias y necesito trabajar con varias presentaciones de powerpoint paralelamente. Esto se podía hacer muy bien con la versión 2011 para Mac, pero con la de 2019, esto está limitado a cinco, en cuanto abres la sexta se cuelga. Y siempre es así. Por eso imagino que hay una limitación en el software que antes no existía. ¿Se podría quitar?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When exported to pdf, all images in slides have grey outline

Recent issue I've noticed: Whenever I export my ppt file to PDF, all of the images I have included in the powerpoint have a grey outline around the image. It does not happen to any shapes I may have built in the pdf, only uploaded images.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Not an idea - a frustrating issue

Powerpoint keeps crashing while working on it and I cannot even check for updates manually or automatically as the server is always busy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base