PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Remove SVG Ungroup Alert

Whenever I convert an SVG to Shape, I always get the Popup that says
    "This is an imported picture, not a group. Do you want to convert it to a Microsoft Office drawing object?"

Which I then have to click Yes on all the time. Seems like an unecessary popup and is an annoyance.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gravação da ponteira a laser

Bom dia,
    Quando faço a gravação da tela do power point para fazer uma aula aos meus alunos, habilito a ponteira a laser e vou apontado os slides para os meus alunos. Quando vou assistir a apresentação, o audio sai direitinho mas a ponteira não, ou seja eles não conseguem acompanhar a ponteira. Fiz um teste no Power Point do Windows e consigo fazer isso. Entrei também em contato com o chat de vocês e eles disseram que no MacBook isso não é possível. Solicito que habilitem a gravação da ponteira laser quando se grava a apresentação de slides. Desde…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Gravação da ponteira a laser

Bom dia,
    Quando faço a gravação da tela do power point para fazer uma aula aos meus alunos, habilito a ponteira a laser e vou apontado os slides para os meus alunos. Quando vou assistir a apresentação, o audio sai direitinho mas a ponteira não, ou seja eles não conseguem acompanhar a ponteira. Fiz um teste no Power Point do Windows e consigo fazer isso. Entrei também em contato com o chat de vocês e eles disseram que no MacBook isso não é possível. Solicito que habilitem a gravação da ponteira laser quando se grava a apresentação de slides. Desde…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create "Powerpoint PRO"...a version for power users

Create a supercharged version of Powerpoint that has features strictly for design professionals. So a lot of these things that we're clamoring for (advanced timeline, locking layers, Adobe like features) can be built into this release, leaving the "non-pro" version to remain easy to use for everyday users. I'd buy it!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mac PowerPoint Tab-Theme (Slide Size 4:3 to 16:9)

In PowerPoint 2011 for Mac, I was able to change the size of the slide to 16:9 and all of my side content would stretch to fit. PowerPoint 2016 and newer only lets you change the slide size but the content stays the same. Can you add the option to let me stretch the slide to 16:9 and all the content stretch with the slide size. I use PowerPoint 2011 for this option only. I know I will not get to do this for much longer.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include an option for the presenter to be videoed via the webcam on mac.

The narration recording function is good but the actual face of the presenter cannot be videoed via the webcam on mac. This is available on the windows version and it seems an odd function to leave off the mac version as this is so widely used. It is really complicated, time consuming and potentially expensive to get this to work on mac due to having to purchase additional hardware/software.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rounded corners should be a parameter in the FORMAT panel. This would allow for consistent elements.

Rounded corners should be a parameter in the FORMAT panel. This would allow for consistent elements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sharper slide images on Notes Pages

PowerPoint 2011 had sharp vector images of slides appearing on Notes Pages. In 2016 and 2019, that good code was tossed out and the slide images are now blurry and unreadable bitmaps. Please bring back the vector images.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make tagged PDF when saving as PDF

When saving as PDF, PowerPoint should make a tagged PDF where heading rules are automatically observed. There must always be a heading 1 tag. Heading tags must be sequential.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Align to key object

It would be great to be able to align to a key object, for example, a second click to indicate the key object and have items align to that. (Similar to Adobe Illustrator and InDesign alignment options).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 screens presentation mode

I have a 3 monitor setup with my mac desktop. I would like to be able to select which of the 3 screens have the slide show and presenter mode views. Sometimes I get the views displayed on the desired pair of screens, but sometimes I don't. It would be good to be able to precess through the possible pairs of screens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. SEO of images

Make images searchable using alt tags or metadata

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please fix the "Decrease Font Size" Shortcut for german Keyboards!

It just can't work because the < and > symbols are on the same key…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. cannot open video after acknowledge trustworthy source

videos and ppt are on the same desktop folder. but when I click the hyperlink, it only shows the warning, after clicking ok, still cannot show the videos. Do you have any troubleshoots for this?
    Im using Mac iOS 10.15.2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No-fill data point markers on line charts should knock out to background color

Currently, when you have a marker on a line chart with a reasonable size, with a marker stroke but no marker fill, it shows the line intersecting the midpoint of the marker. Preferably, the lines would join to the outside of the marker, not the middle of the marker. Either that or have the marker fill knock out to the slide BG.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Last Slide Viewed Hyperlink

In PPT for Mac we don´t have an option to create a hyperlink to the last slide viewed, there is only for first/last, next/previous and custom. Having a "last viewed slide" hyperlink would allow to create more rich interactive experiences.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to unlink slide colors from theme colors

I would like the ability to copy slides from an existing presentation, keep the colors of objects, charts, etc, as they are while still using the destination theme. In other words, I want the colors to be independent of the theme colors unless I choose to use the theme colors. A simple "unlink colors from theme" button would suffice.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow fades in as well as fades out in transistions

If you have a fade-out option, why not a fade-in option?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base