PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Better oversight in large presentations via indent + swimming lanes

When handling large presentations (1,000+ slides) one uses the 'slide sort' view a lot. The use of sections adds to the usability. What would further improve handling such a large number of slides is the addition of swimming lanes. Preferably done in both ways:

-1- Vertically: Make use of the sections and then being able to indent particular sections. Thereby keeping good (visual) sight of the structure of the presentation. Each indent should have a (changeable) name. There should be >10 indent levels.

-2- Horizontally: Make use of so called swimming lanes: sections or slides can be dragged into a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. why don't you add snipping tool in power point

so then we won't need to have it on our laptop iPad or tablet there are people who don't have this in their device desktop when needed

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. can't seem to minimize Presenter View

I'd like to be able to minimize or downsize the presenter view window so that I can have something else open on the same screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Presenter Mode Cursor Visible Only To Presenter

Please allow Mac users of PowerPoint to be able to make the cursor invisible to the presentation while being able to see if for the presenter so that the presenter can control location activated interactive slide elements without the mouse being shown to viewers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow PowerPoint Presenter view to open in other than full screen mode

When showing a powerPoint presentation projected or on another monitor using Presenter view on the computer, there is a need to be able to view other docs/apps without stopping the presentation. But Presenter view only operates in full screen mode, leaving no access to other docs/apps/windows. Toggle window doesn't work on a Mac. Either toggle window needs to work, or the Presenter view window needs to be smaller than fullscreen to allow access to other docs/apps/windows. This is especially important for a Zoom session when there is a need to look at other documents while sharing one monitor showing the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Major improvement to the annotation functionality

The annotation functionality during live presentations is rather primitive.

• There is no UNDO button or shortcut,
    • there is no shortcut to switch to the eraser,
    • the back of the pen is NOT detected as an eraser.

The combination of these three issues makes teaching with a graphic tablet NOT PRACTICAL.

Moreover, add 10 circles on screen where I can choose the theme colours. Now, to change the pen colour I have to click through menus and can choose only 3 bit colours! Are we in the 1970s?

Finally, allow the user to choose a pen size and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Design Search Box to PowerPoint

It would be extremely helpful to have a design search box embedded onto the Powerpoint application. For example, I often create themed presentation for business and it would be helpful to have the option to type in the theme/design that I am searching for, right in Powerpoint versus, scrolling through tons of designs that I am not interested in. It would save a lot of time. Since Microsoft does not have this option, I usually google the themes that I am search of. For example, I recently googled camouflage powerpoint presentation, and received a design from a third party source…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a placeholder for sources to the master that carries over to all layouts

Obviously the footer is not the best place to put source information, since it easily gets deleted accidentally.

Why not give us a placeholder on the MASTER specifically for source information and in ADDITION to the placeholder for the footer? This way that placeholder would appear on all of the layouts and be easily styled and updated without a wayward bullet, or appearing in the wrong placeholder when reapplying layouts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Font limitations on iMac

Please include the option of adding additional fonts again in your next update for iMac. I find the elimination of this feature in your update 16.48 utterly annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support the default video codec output by OBS on MacOS Powerpoint.

The default codec(s) for video when using the Open Broadcast Software (OBS) is supported on Windows based Powerpoint but not MacOS's Powerpoint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Reader View available in PPT Office 365/Mac

Reader view is incredibly helpful with Zoom. I didn't even know it existed till I saw a presentation on using Zoom in classroom done on a PC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Drag and drop feature for images for background slides

Make it easy for images to become backgrounds. If I access images and drag them into a presentation there should be a feature where they become automatic background images.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove background feature for pictures

In programs like Canva, they have a remove background feature for images that help with graphic design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Chart template list in alphanumerical order

When you've created multiple chart templates and you then need to access them, it would be great to see the list in alphanumerical order. At the moment the chart names are randomised, not even in date modified order. For example, if I've saved charts with the names Blue column, Blue doughnut, Blue bar, Red column, Red doughnut, Red bar, etc...the template list has no order and causes unnecessary confusion to the end user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. live annotating with students

I'm a teacher and I think you should make this so we can do live annotations with students, especially while presenting on teams. it would be amazing to have a link where i can share with my students and we can both annotate in real time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)