PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. When will you fix the audio narration export to video feature for Mac users?? You promise that it works in PPT 2019, but NO IT DOESN'T

This is criminal! Stop saying that this feature now works for Mac users in PPT 2019. It doesn't. ADMIT IT, and then let us know when it will work again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix ‘Compress Images’ option

Currently, when compressing a presentation using the option under the FILE menu, PNG files often lose their transparency. This has been happening for MANY versions of PPT with no apparent solution...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. All available Help links to PowerPoint indicate that you should use aPaste Options Button when copying slides from one file to another. Prob

All available Help links that I could find give instructions on copying slides from one file to another with the option of changing the background by clicking the Paste and Paste Options button. Problem is that the Paste Options button is nowhere to be found! I would appreciate a solution. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'm having problems with my embedded images randomly disappearing from my presentation. This has happened a few times to different users and

I'm having problems with my embedded images randomly disappearing from my presentation. This has happened a few times to different users and on different presentations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add "Snap to Grid" as a button on Quick Access Toolbar

Add "Snap to Grid" as a button on Quick Access Toolbar

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Use MBPro task bar for previewing upcoming slides

As detailed in https://twitter.com/LesterMartinATL/status/1191834050538938373 with pics, it is cool that the MBPro's adaptive task bar shows thumbnails of slides & allows you to scroll around, but it could be improved slightly if the selected slide (wrapped in an orange border) would stay centered until touched so that you use as a preview of the upcoming slides.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There needs to be a way to insert multiple photos to individual slides on MAC

Just as you can do on a PC, you need to be able to insert multiple photos onto individual slides so you don't have to do this one at a time. On a PC you can just choose a photo album.

Also you need to be able to switch to other photo libraries, not just the main one, to select your slides.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to resolve marked up comments

Comments posted within powerpoint files with action items should be able to be resolved and or marked as 'complete'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Bullet Gallery"

customize the default bullet styles in the "Bullet Gallery" - this was possible in the old day (PowerPoint 2003 and before), but somehow was missed from the 2007 version onwards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. doesn't work cmd+b for Bold fonts

doesn't work pressing cmd+b for Bold fonts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Load all fonts in Powerpoint from Font Book

Why is it that powerpoint can not load all fonts from the computer on MacOS in 2019? Keynote has no issues with this, but powerpoint fails to render fonts accurately much less significantly limiting my choices from the fonts I have available in adobe programs, keynote etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Layers and locks.

Please add the ability to show/hide layers, as on any other design program. Also the ability to lock/unlock an item to avoid when group selecting. Use InDesign, and learn.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Advanced animation timeline, like on Windows.

Watching demo videos of this being done on Windows, but it's missing from Mac version. Why?

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Advanced Animation Timeline

Why is the Advanced Animation Timeline feature still not available in the latest version of Powerpoint for Mac? It's been available for PC s since 2016.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add animation before slide transition (or automate slide transition after click-activated animation is done playing))

I frequently find myself wanting an exit animation for the content of my slide immediately before the transition to the next slide (for example, the text might zoom out of view before the whole slide dissolves). Currently, the only way to do this is to duplicate the slide and set automatic timings on the duplicate, which means that if anyone wants to edit the slide, they must edit both copies. It would be really nice if you could tell Powerpoint to advance the slide after a certain animation plays (maybe a special "advance slide" event in the animation timeline?) or…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Linked duplicates

There should be an option to create a duplicate of an object that remains linked to the original object, so that any changes to the original propagate to all the duplicates. For example, I create presentations with complex animations that often require putting the same text box on multiple slides, and it becomes a huge pain to have to edit the text boxes on 5 different slides, some of which might be behind other shapes, just because I wanted to change one word. It would be really nice to have all of those copies connected to each other so that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show the filename in Presenter View

Show the filename in Presenter View. Helpful in live corporate meetings when versions are constantly updated. It'd be nice to see the filename somewhere in the presenter view so you know you're in the correct deck without having to escape out of show mode. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Multiple subtitle languages simultaneously

Please add ability to translate multiple languages simultaneously. Up to 4 at a time would be appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Subtitles in Burmese

Please add subtitles in Burmese.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)