PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Use two adjacent letters for keystrokes to compress with one finger

If you put 2 adjacent keys into keystrokes it makes it possible for one finger to press two keys with one finger. Group command uses Option and Command and these are side by side and one finger can quickly compress them.

And allow users to make customs keystrokes to fit the special needs of the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ungroup emf files in powerpoint (currently doesnt work on emf)

can u please add a break tool which can help the emf file to break into vector format. this issue is only the powerpoint mac user. not sure if its a bug issue from your end. Let me know

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix bug please: Closing presentation mode BUG ALWAYS returns you to one of the other open PPT files, not the one you were presenting. UGH.

Closing presentation mode ALWAYS returns you to one of the other open PPT files on your computer, rather than the one you were presenting/working on. Current work-arounds are minimizing other open PPT files or only having one open at a time. Ugh.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow a default table style to be set

The ability to set a default table style in a presentation is a major omission from PowerPoint. Currently when you insert a table it takes the formatting of one of the built-in table styles, which you can then change by choosing another one of the built-in styles.

Most brands require a specific format for their tables - e.g. a certain colour of header row, a certain style of borders, etc. It would be very helpful if these attributes could be baked into a template so that new tables automatically take on the correct styling.

Currently the only workaround for this…

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Disable shape auto-populate

I found a glitch in PPT when using the “freeform” or “squiggle” tool in a later update (16.34). It seems the programmers changed the functionality as such that when you choose a shape from the menu (say, a square) it auto-populates, and then allows you to resize it from there. This is fine, I guess, (though honestly, it seems like an extra step to me.) The real problem is when you try to use any freeform/drawing tool, that behavior inherently disables the function of a freeform tool — seeing that, it can’t possibly know which shape you want, since you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have a duplicate object with no offset

I never want the duplicate to have both a vertical and a horizontal offset. If I want to make a small change to the object for an animation, or to rotate it with respect to the original, I want them aligned. Otherwise, I nearly always want it horizontally or vertically aligned with the original. I realize this would violate the convention that every action have a visible result, so the offset is a reasonable default for the beginner. However, I should have a setting to eliminate the offset (as in Inkscape).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unlimited "Undo" option - Total Loss of Undo States when Real-Time Collaborating

When collaborating on a powerpoint doc, I frequently lose all my undo states when powerpoint auto-saves a new version. I have the max undo level set, yet the fact that this happens means frequently the undo button is totally useless. This is a huge pain point for our team.

You can only hit "undo" X number of times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sort files when opening from OneDrive

when opening a file in Powerpoint/Excel/Word on Onedrive is very difficult to find the file is the folder has many files as there is no possibility to sort the files and have more info. size of column is fixed resulting in gutted names and ordering is preconfigured and not modifiable
    You need to have a similar pane for cloud file as for the local files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Gridlines and make Guide setup easier

Please make it easier, quicker and more accurate to setup grids and guides. It should be as simple as inputting number columns / rows and gutter width and they the guides would be created.

I currently create my gris in InDesign and then paste an image into PPT and create the guidelines one by one....

238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Custom Pane Setup

Have the ability to set any panes you want to be constantly available no matter what document you have open. Similar to workspaces in adobe programs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. PowerPoint build 20011301 still has broken shortcuts for OS X 10.15.3

NOTE: This is not an idea, but a bug. Please advise on how should I report it if this is not the right place.

After starting PowerPoint none of the shortcuts work, until the first interaction via the menu. Then it seems OK.

Please fix, as it kills productivity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We should be given the ability to customize the UI. instead of having a black or white UI, let us get crafty.

We should be given the ability to customize the UI. instead of having a black or white UI, let us get crafty.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow MULTIPLE presenter view outputs in a multi-monitor setup like Keynote does.

Allow PPT to output DIFFERENT views - notes only on one output, Full presenter view on another and Presentation on a third?

This works very easily on Apple's Keynote where you can configure the presenter view differently for each monitor on a multi-monitor setup.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Neue Haas Grotesk Text Pro font family in mac recent versions of office?

I am using 16.33 Mac office version and this font doesn't appear on the office fonts list. Also in PowerPoint, I don't the customization font option available. Am I missing something?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Insert Special Characters feature

Add an Insert Special Characters feature so hyphens, nonbreaking spaces, etc., can be added easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please put in show all slides on the presenter view

So, for some reason the navigation pane on the presenter view will only show the first seven slides and then I can't see any of the slides. So if I want to go back to some slide, I don't know what to click on cause I can't see it. I will be able to do this if I can see all slides, or if the mac PowerPoint has a show all slides button/icon like windows. Please put it in!!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Margin values are honoured when a text box is copied from a different presentation (with a different theme)

I've create a new powerpoint template for a client, but when they copy a text box from their old template into the new one, the margin values revert to Powerpoint's default even when 'Use destination theme' is selected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatically create ALT Text from IPTC data in file like in the caption field or other field

I realize Powerpoint creates Alt Text based on what it sees in an image but this is not very accurate. I would like a way to have PP import the Caption (or other IPTC field that might be chosen) from the image automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Audio does NOT export, as promised. No embedded fonts, as promised.

The instructions for PP on a mac (365) assure us that embedded fonts are a thing. LIE. There isn't even an option! The instructions for PP on a mac (365) talk about exporting with audio. LIE. The audio won't export as an embedded recording in the file. WHY??? What the freaking heck is the problem with Microsoft??? Had I not just spent weeks creating these presentations I wouldn't be angry as %&#*#...but I have.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Retain Hyperlinks on Shapes Saved to PDF

1. Add a shape to a PowerPoint 2011 or 2016 slide.

2. Add a hyperlink to the shape.

3. Save the file as PDF and open in Reader. The hyperlink is gone.

This works as expected in the Windows versions of PowerPoint, please fix!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base