PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. cmd-s does not work sometimes, sometimes it does. Why?

Cmd-S is the standard key combination to save your file. It is even listed in the File menu, yet it only works sometimes. I have no idea why this would be the case.
    It's annoying, please fix it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add CMYK picture warnings

When many clients build presentations on the Mac, it allows them to insert images in the CMYK color space. They do NOT translate well to PC and either don't display or display poorly. Provide a warning that the image is CMYK and offer to convert to RGB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Multiple Document Support For iPad

Please support multiple open documents on iPad, so that I can copy/paste between 1..N documents!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adodb support in VBA on macOS

I have developed some VBA Macros to support a Line of Business function that pulls data from SQL Server to update the weekly reports. Problem is ... these only work on Windows because of the ADODB ActiveX library. Am I missing something obvious that would let me get them working in PowerPoint for Mac as well ... if not, would love to see ADODB support (SQL Native Client v11 specifically) added... (though happy to re-write these however needed to get it working cross platform!)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. PowerPoint Bug when running to slides after running Slide Show

PowerPoint Bug when running to slides after running Slide Show with more than one PowerPoint document open. When clicking esc key or ending the slide show the file being displayed is not the same file being used for the slide show

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. We need better standard MS fonts (New Fonts)

We need better standard fonts. Microsoft needs to make an investment in legitimate typography like Google has.

We are being forced back to Microsoft Office from G-Suite and my documents look like garbage because there are not any fonts with weight ranges or design appeal that are suitable approximations for our brand identity. I realize we can now embed fonts, but it goes out the window when someone else edits the document and doesn't have the font. It doesn't really help if everyone on the platform doesn't have the same fonts. The best solution is for Microsoft to up their…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When will you fix the audio narration export to video feature for Mac users?? You promise that it works in PPT 2019, but NO IT DOESN'T

This is criminal! Stop saying that this feature now works for Mac users in PPT 2019. It doesn't. ADMIT IT, and then let us know when it will work again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Copy and paste a slide should display paste options

All available Help links that I could find give instructions on copying slides from one file to another with the option of changing the background by clicking the Paste and Paste Options button. Problem is that the Paste Options button is nowhere to be found! I would appreciate a solution. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add animation before slide transition (or automate slide transition after click-activated animation is done playing))

I frequently find myself wanting an exit animation for the content of my slide immediately before the transition to the next slide (for example, the text might zoom out of view before the whole slide dissolves). Currently, the only way to do this is to duplicate the slide and set automatic timings on the duplicate, which means that if anyone wants to edit the slide, they must edit both copies. It would be really nice if you could tell Powerpoint to advance the slide after a certain animation plays (maybe a special "advance slide" event in the animation timeline?) or…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. when EXPORTING a jpg slide - please can we change the DEFAULT to jpg instead of having to select it each time

to save INDIVIDUAL slides in JPG format you have to click on EXPORT and then CHOOSE the JPG option because the PDF option is set as the default... is there any way that you can make Exporting PDF slides as the default - so that you do not have to select pdf every time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Load all fonts in Powerpoint from Font Book

Why is it that powerpoint can not load all fonts from the computer on MacOS in 2019? Keynote has no issues with this, but powerpoint fails to render fonts accurately much less significantly limiting my choices from the fonts I have available in adobe programs, keynote etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiple subtitle languages simultaneously

Please add ability to translate multiple languages simultaneously. Up to 4 at a time would be appreciated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix ‘Compress Images’ option (Removes image transparency when compressing images)

Currently, when compressing a presentation using the option under the FILE menu, PNG files often lose their transparency. This has been happening for MANY versions of PPT with no apparent solution...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Changing Page Setup Scale Changes Font

Changing the scale of the slide using Page Setup and then selecting to scale the objects up causes the font to change. It seems to default back to Calibri even though the slides are set in a different font.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notes Page - Substandard Programming

In PowerPoint 2016 and 2019 for Mac, the notes pages have substandard programming. The right-click menu is a simple copy of the right-click menu for slides. It can't be called context-aware, because it isn't. In all Windows versions, the right-click menu for Notes Pages includes a command to reapply important features of the Notes Master (Notes Layout). This menu is missing in all versions of PowerPoint for Mac. Instead, a lazy programmer has added the right-click menu that applies only to slides.
    This need is especially relevant because PowerPoint Online currently corrupts Notes Pages when they are edited. Windows users…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide option to reset SVG's to original colours

Say I insert an SVG icon to PowerPoint that has two colours - red + black. I then change the entire fill colour of that SVG icon to white. Further down the line I need to reset the colours to the original red + black. I would like a 'reset' button to revert the colours back to what they were when I inserted it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change Picture and keep same cropping

PLEASE allow users to replace a picture with a new one and keep the same cropping. Whenever I change out a picture, even though it is the same size (I edited it in photoshop), when I replace the picture it resets the cropping and I have to resize the image. Linking the image does not seem to work on my mac version of Powerpoint.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bring back slide build printing, Please! Aren't updates supposed to improve the products?

Hey! you used to have a "slide build" option when printing powerpoint files. It used to be available from very early versions of PPT. It was also available for PDF export via printing on a Mac. It is very useful for people who use animations but want to hand out a PDF version. What ever happened to it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Button to Change Color Background to White

An easily accessed button that creates a print or a presentation version of my creation. Print = white background. Presentation = full-bleed color background. I constantly double my work to account for each.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base