PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Keynote feature: Select elements when dragging pressed-down cursor partially across them

In Apple Keynote, if I press the mouse button and drag across the slide area, I can select all elements that cross partially the drag area.

In Powerpoint, only the elements that are fully inside the drag area get selected;

this makes it difficult to select large objects, or multiple objects in the slide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option-drag to resize an object (Shape, image) while keeping it centered

Why did you take away the feature in previous PPT versions that allowed resizing an object while holding option key to keep center of object in the same place? That was so useful to be able to do this in one step. Now, the center of the object moves with the drag of a corner, and one has to click back on the object after dragging to move it back to its original position. Why do you make things harder for us???

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please allow movie and mp4 playbacks on Macs. This feature should be available to all consumers

Please allow movie and mp4 playbacks on Macs. This feature should be available to all consumers

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Freeze slide during presentation

Would be great to be able to freeze the current slide output showing when in presentation mode to allow viewing and quick amends to future slides.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow me to select which pages (slides) to include when I export PDF

When I save my PowerPoint as PDF, I want to be able to select which pages to include like I used to be able to do rather than having to export all the pages (slides) into a huge PDF and then open the PDF in another program and delete the pages I don't want.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Design Ideas to Office for Mac Home and Student 2016 please!

Add Design Ideas to Office for Mac Home and Student 2016 please!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a PDF file into a PowerPoint slide

Please consider adding better embedding of PDF files into slides.
    By that I mean two things:
    - more view options: option to select which page should be shown, two-page view etc.
    - editing: ability to fill out a PDF form during presentation (& also save the inputed data inside the pptx file)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add 'Copy link' option to 'Hyperlink' menu under right-click

I'm continuously editing a few PowerPoint decks and they have a lot of links I need to copy-paste to other applications. In the edit mode the hyperlinks are not easily copy-pasteable and I need to do right-click > Hyperlink > Edit hyperlink to be able to copy the link. I can't just copy the hyperlink directly from the page as the link text shown is different from the actual URL.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create Client Version Button

Make a "create client version" tool which, with one click would let you remove all notes, create a PDF and keep it under 10mb for easily sending to clients.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Web Viewer add-on should Support Cookies

The current Mac-Version of the Web Viewer Add-on does not support Cookies (the Windows-version does). This makes it unusable for many use cases. I assume this is just a Bug in the Mac-Version. Is there any plan to fix this or is there even a Workaround available at the moment?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Chinese fonts

PowerPoint 365 for Mac should allow more installation of Chinese fonts without much restrictions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Slide master] Image on top of picture/object place holder in layout

Hi

I would love the ability to to add our logo or an image into one of my slide master layouts and then have it sit on top of a picture place holder. currently one you leave the slide master view the picture objects always covers up the logo in the layout despite the order. I believe this can happen in a PC but not a Mac.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to restore Office default settings

Some bugs can be solved simply by restoring the default settings of Office. It would be very convenient to have an easy option to do so.

Right now, restoring the defaults requires to manually delete several files/directories, such as:
    ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.office.plist
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.{Word,PowerPoint,Excel,...}.plist

A "restore defaults" option would be all the more useful as there is no option so far for a full uninstall of office. Right now, when doing an uninstall/re-install, the user settings are maintained: user-setting related bugs thus cannot be solved by an uninstall-reinstall.
    (On the long-run, it would also be useful to get the option to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring back double-click and drag to select words!!

In every other program in the world, you double-click a word and then drag to select additional words. I've been happy that the Mac version of Powerpoint has maintained this standard while this is long gone from the Windows version.

However, with the latest update to add cloud Autosave (which I'll probably never use), double-click and drag is gone! If you double-click a word, the word is selected, but as soon as you drag, the selection becomes a character-by-character select, even unselecting characters in the original word you double-clicked that are not included in the drag! And I hate the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Use templates that are stored online (in SharePoint)

Template is stored in SharePoint because it gets updated regularly by selected users and we need a way for all users to create new slides from the latest version of the template that's stored online.
    Currently, we can only create new slides based on templates stored on hard disk.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Compatibility between Adobe illustrator and Power point.

Making live changes on Adobe illustrator to see the difference on power point.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add support for ActiveX

Many Windows-users assume that Mac and PC versions of PowerPoint have equivalent functionality and expect Mac users to be able to use PowerPoint presentations with ActiveX built in, which causes difficulties when this is not the case. Things created with one version of the program should be compatible with the other and not having that is a severe oversight.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Presentation] In Edit Mode, jump to different slides quickly in long presentations

1) There is no function to jump to specific slides in longer presentations. In older versions of PowerPoint, I could right click on a thumbnail, see the number of the slide I was on, and choose to jump to a specific slide. Now, I must scroll up and down long PowerPoints to see the slide I need.
    2) When editing long presentations, there used to be a function that would show the slide you were on, and using scrollar, could quickly drag to another slide.
    3) Older versions of PowerPoint had this. It was a real time saver. I could…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add cluster stacked chart in the chart type

Currently one can make either charts with clustered column/bar or stacked column/bars. Given Hierarchal chart are already introduced, can we expand that capability to give stacked columns that are also clustered?

Use case example: Region-wise performance (X-axis) of different products (stacks in column), in current year vs previous year (cluster columns)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)