PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Support ligatures in PowerPoint for macOS

Just like Keynote or Word does it, ligatures such as "Fi" of "Ff" should be automatically formatted by PowerPoint on the Mac. Pretty much every font supports them. This being 21st century, text—especially in headings—looks unprofessional without ligatures.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restore Right Scroll Bar and arrows

I am distraught that PowerPoint 2019 for Mac, which I just installed on a new Mac, does not have the right side scroll bar and slide advance errors when editing slides.

I have used PPT for more than 30 years. Why does it make sense to take away part of the core navigation? I don't want to use thumbnails at left all the time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow setting of default file extension for "Save as Picture" or at least remember the last format choice.

The ability to save images and shapes as pictures in PDF is a great feature of PowerPoint on Mac. Please enable users to set the default file extension for "Save as Picture", for example, as PDF. Currently, PowerPoint always defaults saving to .PNG file.

At the very least, PowerPoint should remember the user's last format choice and default to that.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. macOS only fonts support in Slide Master

Currently we can't set macOS only fonts (ex.Hiragino Gothic) in Slide Master's default one. We need to set fonts manually to all slide master objects.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Full customizable keyboard shortcuts

Please allow us to customize keyboard shortcut or at a minimum set keyboard shortcuts for the quick access toolbar similar to the Windows version of powerpoint. Alt-1 etc. is very powerful once customized.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable offline ability to browse version history

I was shocked to see that I can no longer use PowerPoint or Word with offline access to previous versions. Browsing version history only works if you're using OneDrive. First, I frequently work in places without internet access, and second, I hate OneDrive, and third, it feels like manipulation to get me to use OneDrive against my will, and fourth, it is a downgrade from my previous Office software. When I mis-save a version or don't save one by mistake, I expect the previous version to be available to me as has been the case on earlier Office products. I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to disable the slideshow strip of slides across the bottom of the presenter view.

Let us remove the space-wasting strip of slides across the bottom of the presenter view. Or at least return to allowing us to reduce their size. When you upgrade don't remove features.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. On corporate PPT (Volume License 2016) the highlight button has been removed, but exists in Office 365 versions. Please reinstate.

On corporate PPT (Volume License 2016) the highlight button has been removed, but exists in Office 365 versions. Please reinstate. I don't see any reason for differentiation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Custom Text Highlight Color for PowerPoint Templates

It would be very useful to be able to customise the text highlight colours when creating a template file for a more cohesive 'on-brand' feel.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Syncing PPT with video to OneDrive shouldn't re-link to local files

Links to video files in the same folder as the presentation should not store the full path as the presentation cannot be moved.

I often edit on PC, sync presentation via onedrive to mac but then find I have to re-link the videos because the path cannot be found even though the videos are in the same folder as the presentation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add design ideas to powerpoint office Home & Business 2019.

am struggling with my new powerpoint as am using windows before and have the design ideas which helped me a lot while with my office Home & Business 2019. can't use it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Office Theme (for Mac) with Black Please!!!!!

Let's get grey/black options for Office Theme for Mac please? Why just Windows? Us mac users need this too!

Thanks

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create different paths through a deck in Screen show for different people.

People often build decks for use my multiple different type of people - sales, technical, management etc but you still want them to use some common charts. Rather than build multiple decks it would be good to be able to define multiple paths through a deck depending on different needs. Simple mix could ask the person putting it in screen show, which path they want to take

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change default pasting text option

When pasting text, please make it optional to change the default settings to something other than "Use destination theme." Eliminating the need to have to toggle down each time text entries are entered.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Real-time collaboration on desktop Mac PowerPoint

Allow real-time collaboration of desktop version of PowerPoint on the Mac with the PC desktop version.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sort slides by date edited

A slide-level time stamp. Review changes in large or shared presentations. Perhaps a slide-level Edit History panel or "last 5 slides edited" would be nice.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Insert photo album missing from Mac version of PowerPoint. Wrong, ridiculous, inconsiderate. Fix it. What the hell is wrong with your team?

Insert photo album missing from Mac version of PowerPoint. Wrong, ridiculous, inconsiderate. Fix it. What's wrong with your team?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Autofit table contents for powerpoint

In Microsoft Word there is an option to autofit table contents, which adjusts the table columns and rows to fit the text.
    This option is not available in Powerpoint.
    Could you please add this feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add half circle to basic shapes

Please add a half circle to the basic shapes

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Apply a master templates across 500+ presentations

Please rethink master templates...

• Make easy to manage and deploy master template iterations and across a landscape of 500+ presentations (HTML?, CSS?)

• Text boxes with multiple typographic styles such as paragraphs, lists, tables, h1 - h4. This way the text box in the template can define alignment, position, and breath-ability across more design patterns. (Think web content management)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base