PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Transparency for shapes and groups (multiple components)

For shapes it is currently possible to adjust the transparency of the fill, the outline and the included text. However, to my knowledge there is still no option to adjust the transparency of the shape including fill, outline and text as such. This is despite the fact that this effect would be very useful to guide the audience from one element to another on different slides. Often this is achieved by semi transparent overlays and , but really that is just a mediocre workaround. Another, better, workaround is adding a transparency animation right from the start of a slide, but…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort text alphabetically similar to Excel

Sort text alphabetically similar to Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Insert or link to a video on Wistia

Allow inserting videos as links from Wistia.com, just like YouTube and Vimeo.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4K export for movies

Please add a 4K movie export for powerpoint like in office for windows.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dzongkha Unicode text not rendering properly in PowerPoint, MacBook

Typing Dzongkha (using Tibetan script) in MacBook PowerPoint does not render properly. The texts overlap with each other. Please help resolve this issue in MacBook.I can send a screenshot of an example for this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Export Powerpoint to video with music (not referring to narrations)

When will we be able to export a presentation to .mp4 or .mov with music from iTunes and then be able to hear the music on the video. This is such a basic need. There is a "completed" request with over 1,000 requests to be able to record narration and export to video, there are many comments referring to a need for the ability to export with audio not only narrations). Office 365 so disappointed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add the ability to ungroup vector objects in Powerpoint so that they can be editable!

In previous versions we could import .emf files and ungroup them so that they could be edited. Why was this functionality removed???

This is very important as my clients like to be able to modify the icons I design for them, to change colours, etc. It was very frustrating that I was able to do this previously, but now can't!

I can now import SVG files and change the colour in Powerpoint, but I can't ungroup the object into parts so it's fully editable, why is this?

I now have to use Open Office, import .emf files, 'break' the object,…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't make me type units

The fields in the Paragraph dialog box don't compensate when you forget to type the units, even when they're presupposed. It doesn't even fill in the units for you after the alert box pops up.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Include Activex support for powerpoint for Mac

Power point for Mac lacks Activex functionality. In an education setting this means that powerpoints from windows do not function correctly when presenting to students on a Mac.

Microsoft, as you are now targeting the education market with various products and services why not include support for Activex macros in powerpoints on a Mac? In real education settings there is a mixture of windows and mac os users (teachers and students).

Regards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create a new type of grouping called Matrix

As a marketing professional, I often use slides that show a group view of partners/customers displaying their logos. Like a matrix.

I tried to do it with a table but, unlike in Word, it is not possible to paste a picture inside a table cell, only to set it as a background for the cell, which is part of the formatting and does not allow for easy reallocation using copy/paste

Every time a new partner has to be added/removed, I have to manually rearrange the entire matrix of logos, and then realign vertically and horizontally. It is very time consuming.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please provide possibility to export powerpoint as mp4 on mac -with embedded video and narration

After creating the whole presentation, to find out that this is not possible is, needless to say, a shock.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PowerPoint 2019 for Mac ISSUES - FLAWS - BUGS - Is there a way to overcome or fix them?

Feedback for PowerPoint 2019 version 16.23.1 (19032603) on macOS 10.12.6 (16G1918) Sierra, using powerful iMac: 27‑inch Retina 5K display, Intel Core i7 4.2 GHz, 40 GB RAM, Apple SSD SM2048L 2 TB (Samsung):

1.-All Microsoft Office applications should have the same interface, as much as possible. The current implementation is chaotic. Some examples are described below.

2. Cannot select discontinuous text in PowerPoint, as possible with Word. That is extremely useful to select and change many text selections at once.

1. Cannot change language of all slides in a presentation at once. That is useful if you make a presentation with many…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. More flexibility with videos (embed, unembed, file names, ...)

Usually, I do not embed videos in my PPT files, but rather link to them (they are still being played inside the presentation, they are just not embedded in the file).
    This is a good feature, because it reduces space usage on my hard disk (I often need to mix and match slides).

However, sometimes, I would like to embed all the videos that are already included in the presentation, so that I can send it someone else.
    Sometimes, I can imagine, people would like to do the reverse: extract all videos from a PPT file, save them on disk,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Creating a link between text boxes in PowerPoint.

In Word, you click a text box > select "Create a link" > select an empty text box to flow text between text boxes. If there is over flow of text a new page forms.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keep embedded fonts when copying slides to another presentation

It's fantastic to finally have font embedding in the Mac version of PowerPoint, but it would be even better if it was possible for embedded fonts to stay embedded if slides are copied to another presentation that uses a different theme.

Presentations (especially for conferences or collaborative pitches) are very often assembled using slides submitted by different presenters from different organisations who have different templates and themes. At the moment it seems that some of the formatting (backgrounds, colours etc) can be preserved when pasting slides, but embedded fonts are substituted and do not display. Fonts are just as integral…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Insert "Online Pictures"

PowerPoint 365 for Mac has the Online Picture option grayed out. I tried adding it in Preferences, but it still did nothing. I like finding online clipart and backgrounds using this feature. When will it be implemented in the Mac version?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add in the duration option in letter by letter animation

add in the duration option in letter by letter animation

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please allow images in PDF format to be pasted into PowerPoint (/Word) without destroying their quality

I love being able to take PDF screenshots or figures and paste them into presentations, so that the quality of the presentation remains high and the images aren't pixilated.

Unfortunately, with the latest updates to Office 2019 / Office 365 (at least with 16.21 190117), images inserted into PowerPoints and Word files as PDFs become pixilated and desaturated as soon as the file is saved. The results look awful on any high quality display, and are unusable for presentations or reports (even sometimes illegible altogether).

This has made it capturing screenshots on a Mac or exporting high-quality images from other…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support Handoff feature from Apple

Support Handoff Feature from Apple

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Vector files to PPT

The design community readily relies on the MAC and Adobe Illustrator for designing, meaning entire page layouts, not just artwork/shapes. I have tried different conversion options for MAC AI to PPT and none work properly. The ability to convert an entire page, pulling over the artwork and text all at once, without disturbance to the layout would be a huge bonus to PPT capabilities.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base