PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Fix ‘Compress Images’ option (Removes image transparency when compressing images)

Currently, when compressing a presentation using the option under the FILE menu, PNG files often lose their transparency. This has been happening for MANY versions of PPT with no apparent solution...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Changing Page Setup Scale Changes Font

Changing the scale of the slide using Page Setup and then selecting to scale the objects up causes the font to change. It seems to default back to Calibri even though the slides are set in a different font.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Notes Page - Substandard Programming

In PowerPoint 2016 and 2019 for Mac, the notes pages have substandard programming. The right-click menu is a simple copy of the right-click menu for slides. It can't be called context-aware, because it isn't. In all Windows versions, the right-click menu for Notes Pages includes a command to reapply important features of the Notes Master (Notes Layout). This menu is missing in all versions of PowerPoint for Mac. Instead, a lazy programmer has added the right-click menu that applies only to slides.
    This need is especially relevant because PowerPoint Online currently corrupts Notes Pages when they are edited. Windows users…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide option to reset SVG's to original colours

Say I insert an SVG icon to PowerPoint that has two colours - red + black. I then change the entire fill colour of that SVG icon to white. Further down the line I need to reset the colours to the original red + black. I would like a 'reset' button to revert the colours back to what they were when I inserted it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change Picture and keep same cropping

PLEASE allow users to replace a picture with a new one and keep the same cropping. Whenever I change out a picture, even though it is the same size (I edited it in photoshop), when I replace the picture it resets the cropping and I have to resize the image. Linking the image does not seem to work on my mac version of Powerpoint.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable video playing in presenter view mode, only play on live screen

Videos play "chunky" when using presenter mode—maybe because the video is appearing on both the display screen and the presenter's screen. The same video plays fine when screens are mirrored (presenter mode turned off), but that means the presenter doesn't get to see notes prepared for the current slide or a preview of slides coming up. My clients would love an option to turn off video playback on the presenter's screen, so the audience can see the video play cleanly while they get to see the other benefits of presenter mode.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring back slide build printing, Please! Aren't updates supposed to improve the products?

Hey! you used to have a "slide build" option when printing powerpoint files. It used to be available from very early versions of PPT. It was also available for PDF export via printing on a Mac. It is very useful for people who use animations but want to hand out a PDF version. What ever happened to it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Button to Change Color Background to White

An easily accessed button that creates a print or a presentation version of my creation. Print = white background. Presentation = full-bleed color background. I constantly double my work to account for each.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hyperlink to headers or images rather than page numbers in PPT

Hi there! I create presentations for a living and am getting more and more requests for decks that can be used on a laptop or iPad that function as an FAQ. Client wants to be able to click from hyperlinks in a TOC to reach individual subjects in the document. Sadly, every time the client wants to update, it changes the page numbers and we have to re-hyperlink everything. Is it possible to update the system for internal document hyperlinks to function the way MSWord does? Can we hyperlink to a header or line of text rather than just the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adjust word spacing

Just like setting the spacing between letters, please provide a way to adjust spacing between words. Sometimes fonts, like Source Sans Pro, render with very narrow spacing between words.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve rotation of pictures (Support .1 degree rotation)

allow increments of 0.1 degree for absolute correction of rotation of an object or image in Word and PowerPoint for Mac and for Windows

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Define 'default text style' for charts

PowerPoint automatically sets the text style in charts to about 30% brighter off Text/Background Dark 1, and this is not part of the theme colors. I understand it's designed for it to be somewhat visible on both dark and light backgrounds, but it's making the charts details out of place design-wise; off-theme, off-brand.

Please allow us to set the formatting as a Master, thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adding subtitle to videos in PowerPoint

I would love the ability to add subtitle files to videos in powerpoint. PC has this option and has for some time. Why is this feature not available on Mac. We have live subtitling available on both platforms, why not adding subtitles to videos.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable the Summary Zoom feature in Version 16.2

In response to previous requests to enable the summary zoom feature it was enabled and the previous thread mark 'complete'. However, as an office 365 Mac user I seem to have now lost the feature again in Version 16.2? It's a great feature that I was enjoying using and I now have presentations containing the functionality that I cannot edit! Can we have it back please? Many thanks

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Duplicating a group of objects & updating them all at once (Linked duplicates)

There should be an option to create a duplicate of an object that remains linked to the original object, so that any changes to the original propagate to all the duplicates. For example, I create presentations with complex animations that often require putting the same text box on multiple slides, and it becomes a huge pain to have to edit the text boxes on 5 different slides, some of which might be behind other shapes, just because I wanted to change one word. It would be really nice to have all of those copies connected to each other so that…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'm having problems with my embedded images randomly disappearing from my presentation. This has happened a few times to different users and

I'm having problems with my embedded images randomly disappearing from my presentation. This has happened a few times to different users and on different presentations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use MBPro task bar for previewing upcoming slides

As detailed in https://twitter.com/LesterMartinATL/status/1191834050538938373 with pics, it is cool that the MBPro's adaptive task bar shows thumbnails of slides & allows you to scroll around, but it could be improved slightly if the selected slide (wrapped in an orange border) would stay centered until touched so that you use as a preview of the upcoming slides.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Find the distance between two objects?

For example, in Sketch, I can click on a box, hit my Mac "alt" button, hover over another object, and Sketch will automatically tell me that the objects are 155 pixels apart or something like that.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a Column Break command for multiple column text boxes

Add a Column Break command for multiple column text boxes

Currently in a multiple column text box, one has to add extra spaces to force a line into the second column, why not have a column break command in PPT as there is in Word?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base