PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Save as PDF bug in Mac Powerpoint

I found a bug in Powerpoint 16.3(19101301).

bug produce step:
    1. save anything as a PDF
    2. save as PDF again
    When save as a PDF, if the file is already exist, the file will be deleted and nothing will be saved

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paste a PDF image into PowerPoint, save it, close the file, and then reopen it to improve the compression of the image.

(1) Even if the [Image quality] item is set to [Use original quality] in [Compress diagram], if you save the file with an image attached, the image will be compressed.
    PowerPoint for mac : No events occurred at 15.xx.
    PowerPoint for mac: I want the Use original quality setting to take effect on 16.xx.

PowerPoint for mac : 15.xx When you save and avoid it, the resolution of the image decreases when you print it.) Don't lower the resolution when printing.

=================================================================
    タイトル (日本語) : PowerPoint for mac : 16.xx にて PDF 画像を貼り付けて保存してファイルを閉じた後再度開くと、 [元の品質を使用する] に設定していても画像が圧縮されてしまうのを改善してほしい。

本文 (日本語) : (1) [図の圧縮]…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. be able to record like picture in picture in slide presentation

"I would like to suggest the Screen Recording feature to be available for MAC users since we all know this is very useful to us, especially when to this situation we are facing right now and we were advised to work from home. This feature would really help us, not just today but for everyday use

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need to be able to Edit powerpoint while presenting.

We have been able to edit Powerpoint while presenting on Windows for many years to not be able to do this on Mac is a huge step back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show video timecode in Presenter View

When a video is playing in Slideshow it would be great to have the video timecode running in presenter view just under the slide window. On the left of the forward, pause & back buttons you could show the time counting up. To the right show the time remaining.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow for Math Autocorrect in Powerpoint

Allow for Math Autocorrect in Powerpoint

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Base slide size on pixels, not cm or inches

Powerpoint is an application in which you can create presentations. As a designer i'm pretty frustrated by the fact that the standard size unit is set to cm's. I mean, the actual size output is dependent on the screen it is projected on.

If i want to set a presentation to 1920 x 1080 px i can convert the size to cm's on unitconverters.net (a link i got from a Microsoft support employee). Convert 1920 to cm's and the answer will be 50,8 cm. Now my screen is set to 1920 px, but the width of the screen is far…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable the "present online" feature for Mac

I'm sure Apple no doubt make it unnecessarily difficult for you to enable this feature on Mac, but I would love to have the Present Online functionality for Mac. I use a mac, and powerpoint everyday with work as a corporate trainer. All my training has now moved online as a result of the corona virus, and I would love to be able to use this feature to conduct my training online. Keynote has this feature but I am obviously reluctant to switch over after all this time, but this feature has become critically important to me now in a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add "Image Size and Quality" option setting to PowerPoint for Mac

The PC version of Powerpoint allows you to control "Image Size and Quality" for the presentation. The three options available are Discard editing data, Do not compress images in file, and a setting for Default resolution. Please add these options to the Mac version of Powerpoint.

Our use case is that we create very visual heavy presentations. These presentations quickly become unwieldy in a collaborate setting, reaching 300MB, 400MB, or 500MB in size. This is due to raw images being uploaded. Having the option to set a default resolution so files are compressed to a standard quality on the way…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add a shortcut key to highlight texts.

Why can I underline/bold, but not highlight with a shortcut? A fully customizable keyboard would be great, but highlighting is the main thing missing. Mac even lets you make your own custom shortcuts for things as long as it's in the menu bar, but "Highlight Text' isn't there (so this isn't an option either).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ping / Notify A Contributor

Please provide the ability to "Ping/Poke" a contributor to alert them of changes or want them to take a look at.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. language

Could you please to help me to change the language in PowerPoint? English is my compute default language. But I want to change the PowerPoint language into Chinese. Thanks~

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Animation Grouping

Can we have please group animations from the same object?
    For eg. one object has five different animations, then the ability to group those five animations into one group.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. pdf Powerpoint handouts that are accessible

I would like to save pdf handouts that are accessible in the mac version of PowerPoint. This is possible in the Windows version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Playing embedded MP4s thru PPT's created on a Mac and then exported to MP4s

PPT for Mac will not play embedded MP4 videos when the final PPT doc is exported as an MP4 video file. This works on a PC, but not a Mac.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Play Embedded Videos on Slide when Exported to Video

If you have a presentation that is exported to a video that contains embedded video on a slide that's set to play automatically after exporting the presentation to an MOV or MP4, the embedded video does not play. Any animations you've made do play but the video does not. Videos do play automatically when your watching your presentation in slideshow mode but not after exporting it to an MOV.

Videos set to play automatically do do so when exporting to video on Windows but this feature doesn't exist on the Macintosh. Thank you!

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Copying text from Word to PowerPoint:

PowerPoint doesn't preserve the fonts for text copy from Word, it should be preserve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There needs to be a way to insert multiple photos to individual slides on MAC

Just as you can do on a PC, you need to be able to insert multiple photos onto individual slides so you don't have to do this one at a time. On a PC you can just choose a photo album.

Also you need to be able to switch to other photo libraries, not just the main one, to select your slides.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Use two adjacent letters for keystrokes to compress with one finger

If you put 2 adjacent keys into keystrokes it makes it possible for one finger to press two keys with one finger. Group command uses Option and Command and these are side by side and one finger can quickly compress them.

And allow users to make customs keystrokes to fit the special needs of the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base