PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. SmartArt Graphics folder missing

Mac users can't add new SmartArt glox files to their installlation. In Windows, the Templates folder contains a SmartArt Graphics folder where additional Glox files can be downloaded. Then the SmartArt file list incluides them in the program. Mac installations are missing this folder. Creating a SmartArt Graphics folder in the Templates folder, then placing a Glox file inside, does NOT add to the SmartArt menu in Office for Mac.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Paste Link to Paste Special when Pasting Excel data

On Mac OS, when pasting Excel cells or worksheets in Word, you have the option to paste the data as a link so that the Word document is updated when the data in Excel is updated. This should also be available in Powerpoint. Currently, you can paste the data in Powerpoint, but data does not update when the Excel worksheet is changed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blending modes.

Can we have blending modes similar to how Photoshop and Illustrator use them.

I need Multiply.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add ability to customize Apple Touch Bar for PPT. It would be great to be able to include forward and back arrows

Apple Touch Bar is now supported for PowerPoint, but there is no capability to customize the Touch Bar. We need this ability to fully exploit PowerPoint with Touch Bar, particularly when using it with the new Sidecar capability. Particularly useful would be the ability to include Forward and Backward keys on the Touch Bar so that a PowerPoint presentation could be advanced (from one slide to the next, or backward) by using the Touch Bar when the presentation is being shown on an iPad that is being used in Side Car mode.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export to PDF options

Add the ability to export a range of slides, user-defined sections. Bonus points - add the ability to make export based on the same selection automatic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Speed function for narrated slide show

The good thing about COVID is that we could sit on our comfy bed and won't need to worry to go to school. The bad thing is all the professors are still alive and they †alk slowly with narrated PowerPoint.
    It would be a great idea that PowerPoint would have a button, like those in the video players, for a 2x playback speed

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A dictation symbol

Do have a dictation symbol so we don't have to type

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. give powerpoint for free

Give option to write without subscriptions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have Group Names For Certain Tools!

You know how PowerPoint in Windows has names for the groups of tools in each tab? Why don't we have Tool Group titles like Windows! I am taking a class that has directions to certain groups in a tab and its hard to find what I need to be using in my PowerPoint presentation. An example of finding something in PowerPoint would be "Home - Font - Size 32". macOS is missing the "FONT" title.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have PowerPoint Generate Notes as a DOCX file

I would like PowerPoint to generate a .DOCX file from the Notes view. Currently, to get notes into Word, I have to print the Notes view as a PDF, import the file into word and then monkey with the wrap and position settings of the slide picture. Would be nice if it was automatic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A view to see a before and after of a slide with animations without going into Slide Show mode

I've been creating slides where pictures and/or text appear/disappear in the same spot as other pictures/text which can be difficult to see and have to use slideshow mode to preview the results without all the clutter. Would be nice to just do a split screen of a before and after for each animation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make it possible to find/replace paragraphs marks, manual line breaks. etc in PowerPoint.

With companies essentially building what amounts to print documents in PowerPoint - there is a lot of text and a lot of manual line breaking - which of course, when the style is changed, end up breaking in weird places. Wouldn't it be great if I could do what I can do in Word? Simply find and replace all manual line breaks with spaces? Yes, it would!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Presentation Mode for Video Conferencing

With the increase in screen sharing / teleconferencing, it is easiest to just share an application (via Teams or Zoom) vs. sharing the whole screen.

It would be nice to have a presentation mode for PowerPoint that works in a window that can be shared vs. the whole screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Green Screen Tool

Powerpoint could do with the options of the users working with a green screen. So many video makers out there using PowerPoint these days

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please enable the highlighter shortcut

In a PowerPoint slideshow in Microsoft 365 for Mac, you cannot press Command + any key to change the pointer to a highlighter. This is inconvenient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. export a range of slides to jpeg

Enable the user to select a range of slides, or several individual slides, when exporting to a jpeg.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I love this site it help me with all of m school work

I don't have a idea but I do stream on twitch its Hiongaming

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)