PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. After a presentation is saved, the producer should be able to make recording adjustments to a single slide rather that redoing everything.

This idea will allow presenters to re-record on a single slide without having to redo the entire presentation.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. RECORDING ON POWER POINT IS NOT CONSISTENT, NOT WORKING, VERY UNRELIABLE AND TIME WASTING

RECORDING ON POWER POINT IS NOT CONSISTENT, NOT WORKING, VERY UNRELIABLE AND TIME WASTING

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add design ideas again

I used to like this option but lately i cannot find it in the desktop app even though it appears in the web app. It would be cool if you added that option back to the desktop app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Function to reset slide notes page formatting

We need to be able to reset the formatting of slide notes pages for an individual slide or all slides.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Not able to "search" Powerpoint slides after being exported in "notes" format, please help students out!

Ex: When you export a powerpoint to include the professor's notes under the slide (Format:Notes), when opened again you CAN NOT search the actual powerpoint slides for key words. This is absolutely imperative in Grad School having hundreds of files and very long powerpoints... I need to be able to search the actual powerpoint, not just the writing underneath them in the "notes" section.... I noticed this after exporting into Notability (whom my partner is a software engineer for and figured out it's on PP's side, not theirs). PLEASE OH PLEASE, make it so that the powerpoint slide remains as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. #RecordSlideShow

please can you incorporate the recod video narration option for slideshow recordings?

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow users to remove underscore from Hyperlinks

Power Point does not allow users to remove the underscore from hyperlinks. They look hideous and sometimes virtually non-readable in presentation mode and PDFs.

The companies "solution" to this problems is simply a joke (wanna have a laugh, check it out: https://support.microsoft.com/pt-br/office/remover-o-sublinhado-do-texto-de-um-hiperlink-28d22daa-7897-4091-9168-d6a12d523874)

Please just allow us to format the text of hyperlinks just as you do in Excel or Word.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add keyboard shortcuts for the more commonly-used tasks like left/right/center alignment for text and objects, etc.

PowerPoint needs to include keyboard shortcuts along the lines of Adobe products. It's such a pain and not efficient to have to repeat the same set of clicks over and over when working to align objects or text. I should be able to drag-select objects (without having to encompass them to select but rather, drag through them to grab them) and then use a keyboard command to align them. This is a LONG OVERDUE feature that all other apps have.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Free for Students

I am a student in middle school and I need a subscription to be able to edit and save on powerpoint. For any students, it should be free. I don't have enough money to be paying for a subscription and I need it for school. It would be great if powerpoint could be free for any students (K-12). My peers agree with me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. translation the whole presentation

You're only allowed to translate a word or sentence at at time not the whole presentation. Please let me translate the whole presentation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Animation like Keynote

Apple's Keynote have so much good animations and smooth ones. I suggest to add more animations in PowerPoint to make more fantastic such as object animations and also transitions. I sometimes use powerpoint as a video editor or animator and I think, this will be a better way for those who can't afford expensive video editing or animator like me. This way, students or workers can make infographics, or much easier ways to understand the thought of a specific topic.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ungrouping emf or svg images on Mac

I've already purchased the latest version of Microsoft 2019 for Mac, and this function that works on Windows still isn't supported.

We need to be able to ungroup emf/svg images on Mac. Please update this!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Не работает форматирование текста и объектов

Не работают функции форматирования текста/объектов (выравнивание, написание)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Save As" Button

add a button to "save as" because on windows I used ppt as an easier and cheaper photoshop, and I would save the file as .png and now I cant

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable pen annotations in non-full screen modes

For remote teaching, so we can hand- annotate Powerpoint slides and see Zoom chats during a presentation, please:
    - enable pen annotations in non-full-screen modes ("Browsed by an Individual") and /or
    - allow use of a 2nd display without automatically triggering Presenter mode
    and /or
    - enable Presenter view to be used in non-full screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base