PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Deaktivieren von Hyperlink-Warnungen beim Öffnen

Wenn ich im PowerPoint, Word oder Excel (Office 365 - Mac) einen Hyperlink öffnen will, erscheint immer eine Fehlermeldung:

"Einige Dateien können Viren enthalten oder Ihren Computer in anderer Weise gefährden. Daher sollten Sie wirklich sicher sein, dass diese Datei aus einer vertrauenswürdigen Quelle stammt.
    Möchten Sie diese Datei öffnen?"

Wie kann ich diese Warnhinweise deaktivieren?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Continue presentation audio when tabbed out

Please bring back the ability to keep presentation audio running even if I tab out to another app. There's no reason this shouldn't be possible as you can continue audio from any number of Mac apps like iTunes, Spotify, Firefox, etc even if you tab away to another app. The lack of this feature makes it impossible to run my presentation and simultaneously search for something on the web, for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Save the locations of Panes in Workspace

PLEASE add a way to keep the Panes visible despite closing a document. It is EXCESSIVELY annoying to have to re-add every pane (selection, format, animation) I use every single time I open a document. Absolutely none of that workspace customization is saved. Considering I heavily use these for animating slideshows, a "save workspace" feature (like in Adobe programs) would be immensely useful. Microsoft, you have made some very questionable decisions over the years, and we users do not appreciate your making things more difficult for us.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. make .jpg default option for Power Point

Pictures - default option for jpg format instead of png

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Quickly move slide to the end of the presentation

Currently you can only move a slide to the end of the presentation via drag and drop. When having a large presentation (>1,000 slides) this is not easily being done, not even in the "sorting view". This is particularly handy when one is reviewing a previously made slide deck and one is not certain if the slide could later on be re-used. Hiding a slide is another option, but this messes up the view (especially with multiple hidden slides).

It would be convenient if it is possible to quickly move a particular (combination of) slide(s) to the end of the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When switching views closed sections are not being remembered

Sections in the "sorting view" can be collapsed. When switching the view from the sorting view to e.g. the normal view and back, PowerPoint does not remember which sections were closed just before that. All sections start in the open position when opening the "sorting view".

When working with a lot of sections (>50) this gets annoying as this prevents the user from quickly navigating through his/her slide deck and closing (previously already closed) sections over and over again.

Please give PowerPoint some memory, thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Better oversight in large presentations via indent + swimming lanes

When handling large presentations (1,000+ slides) one uses the 'slide sort' view a lot. The use of sections adds to the usability. What would further improve handling such a large number of slides is the addition of swimming lanes. Preferably done in both ways:

-1- Vertically: Make use of the sections and then being able to indent particular sections. Thereby keeping good (visual) sight of the structure of the presentation. Each indent should have a (changeable) name. There should be >10 indent levels.

-2- Horizontally: Make use of so called swimming lanes: sections or slides can be dragged into a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. why don't you add snipping tool in power point

so then we won't need to have it on our laptop iPad or tablet there are people who don't have this in their device desktop when needed

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove Title Bar when using Reading View

Remove the title bar when running a presenting in a window (eg the new Reading View)
    All my work now is online with teams and Zoom. For various reasons I like to run my PPT presentation in a window (eg using the new Reading View). However I wish that the title bar of the window could be turned off as participants see this and it reduces the size of the slide slightly. What I really want is to be able to show the slide JUST like I would do if connected to a projector, but in a window

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Presenter Mode Cursor Visible Only To Presenter

Please allow Mac users of PowerPoint to be able to make the cursor invisible to the presentation while being able to see if for the presenter so that the presenter can control location activated interactive slide elements without the mouse being shown to viewers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Major improvement to the annotation functionality

The annotation functionality during live presentations is rather primitive.

• There is no UNDO button or shortcut,
    • there is no shortcut to switch to the eraser,
    • the back of the pen is NOT detected as an eraser.

The combination of these three issues makes teaching with a graphic tablet NOT PRACTICAL.

Moreover, add 10 circles on screen where I can choose the theme colours. Now, to change the pen colour I have to click through menus and can choose only 3 bit colours! Are we in the 1970s?

Finally, allow the user to choose a pen size and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Slide show mode in Powerpoint turns on screen mirroring with two displays

I'm using Powerpoint 16.40 for Mac with two displays (OSX 10.15). In slide show mode, Powerpoint insists on turning on display mirroring, which prevents the user from viewing another application (e.g. to see a videoconference audience) on the other display. The only way to avoid mirroring is to use the "Browsed by an individual" setting in Slide Show Setup, but that is not a full-screen option. Please fix this -- thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need ability to create custom Theme fonts like we can on PC

In all Office for Mac programs, we currently have the ability to change the global Theme or Theme Colors or Theme Fonts.

Additionally, we can create custom Theme Color Sets in PowerPoint for Mac, which will flow to all the other Office for Mac programs. But we currently don't have the ability to create a custom Font Set in any of the Office for Mac programs. The workaround is to create the Font Set in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint on a PC (if you have one or you have to ask a friend) and THEN you have to copy that…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. import videos into a slideshow page while keeping the background transparent of the video

Keep the transparent background of a video (alpha channel) when importing into a slide show page

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Design Search Box to PowerPoint

It would be extremely helpful to have a design search box embedded onto the Powerpoint application. For example, I often create themed presentation for business and it would be helpful to have the option to type in the theme/design that I am searching for, right in Powerpoint versus, scrolling through tons of designs that I am not interested in. It would save a lot of time. Since Microsoft does not have this option, I usually google the themes that I am search of. For example, I recently googled camouflage powerpoint presentation, and received a design from a third party source…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a placeholder for sources to the master that carries over to all layouts

Obviously the footer is not the best place to put source information, since it easily gets deleted accidentally.

Why not give us a placeholder on the MASTER specifically for source information and in ADDITION to the placeholder for the footer? This way that placeholder would appear on all of the layouts and be easily styled and updated without a wayward bullet, or appearing in the wrong placeholder when reapplying layouts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Font limitations on iMac

Please include the option of adding additional fonts again in your next update for iMac. I find the elimination of this feature in your update 16.48 utterly annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support the default video codec output by OBS on MacOS Powerpoint.

The default codec(s) for video when using the Open Broadcast Software (OBS) is supported on Windows based Powerpoint but not MacOS's Powerpoint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base