PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Converting Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese

When I need to prepare two version of presentations for viewers, in Traditional and Simplified Chinese, I could not find a function to convert the file directly and easily.
    I need to translate each text box one by one every time and it is very time-consuming.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slide Looping Support

I would like an easier way to loop a slide. In this use case, I have a slide which, through a complex series of steps, is able to loop the slide. The purpose of the looping slide is to present either images, or text, with animations on a single slide in the deck. The information is presented to conference attendees while they enter a room. Once it is time to start the presentation, a key is pressed to advance to the next slide.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add common new symbols (i.e. company logos, location pointer, email envelope)

Add common new symbols (Location pointer, email envelope, company logos (instagram, facebook, twitter, youtube, vimeo, etc.) to the symbol directory, so that those don't need to be either added as pictures or through downloadable custom fonts.

These come in very handy when producing for example CVs, marketing material, etc. When these would be as symbols then they would be for example easier to position and more adjustable in terms of colours.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow wmv playback as in PowerPoint 2011 via Flip for Mac

In PowerPoint 2016 Mac a .wmv-file "gets auto-updated" and will not play in for example PowerPoint 2007 for windows. This works perfect in PowerPoint 2011. Please vote to fix this problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unable to do Save As to OneDrive Folder and Local Directory At the Same Time

I notice that it is necessary to do two save as functions of a Powerpoint presentation document if I want to have a current copy both in my OneDrive folder and local directory or drive on my Mac. At the moment I have do a save as of a document to my OneDrive folder then do a second save as of the same document to a local directory or drive.

Important suggestion is for the developers to urgently consider writing an option of allowing the saving of files into the two locations at the same time, without having to so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. What about a sequence of appearing depending on the answer of the participants

About animation, I would like the words to appear only when the auditors have given the answer. Like there are 7 words to be given, and when that word is mentionned, then I can make it appear. So there is no particular sequence, it will only be depending on the answers. When the 7 words have been found, I can go to the next slide

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Text arrows show up as irrelevant symbols

With the new software update released within the last week, text arrows now show up as irrelevant symbols. This is very frustrating, especially as a student. Please fix, this wouldn't have happened with keynote.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Resolution of photos is too low!

I have tried every possible fix to increase the resolution of the photos inserted in slides to no avail. PowerPoint for Mac does NOT produce a quality presentation - substandard and unprofessional.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow old clip art galleries to be used as photo browser for import picture

I imported (as I was told to) Thousands of bought legitimate images into the old clip art gallery package. I need a way of retrieving these and their tags for current use

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix the issue where it seems to be impossible to insert a photo from the iMac photo library

You don't seem to be able to insert a photo from either the photo Library or the media option with Office 2011 when using the latest OS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow arrow weight to be 1 when line weight is 1.

Currently the arrow on a line will not change weight with the line when the weight gets below 2. This makes for some awful-looking arrows!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Easier text in table editing

Using tables with text in cell is great to make "clean" boxes. However, today, we have to work 1 cell at a time.
    It would be easier however to select text in multiple cells and define formatting (bullet, font, indent, line spacing... )

Also, I would love to have - like in Excel - a 45° text orientation on the first table raw.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Saving a PowerPoint file should never be a problem - please fix asap

Very often while working I get a notice that PowerPoint could not save the file. I then have to save it to a different file name or copy the slides to another PowerPoint slide - or lose all changes made.
    This is a horrable mistake. How can this happen? MS says the problem is known for week - well: when will this be finally solved???

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dir function doesn't work in Mac Office 2016

Macros that use the Dir function and worked on previous versions of Office for Mac do not work in Office for Mac 2016. Please fix this function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop powerpoint from randomly scrolling wildly down. Just a touch of the wireless mouse sometimes sends it flying down 10-15 slides (or up)

Stop powerpoint for Mac 2011from randomly scrolling wildly down. Just a touch of the wireless mouse sometimes sends it flying down 10-15 slides (or up, it's entirely random)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Disable mouse scrolling.

Allow a disable scrolling so when users are using a mouse with powerpoint, it doesn't scroll out of control with a Magic Mouse or other mice. It is insanely frustrating how it scrolls randomly out of control all the time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Space Bar Preview from slide sorter thumbnails

Would love to be able to space bar on a thumbnail in slide sorter and have it expand just like the Mac behavior on an image in a finder window. Will save lots of clicks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base