PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Paste at cursor or viewport centre by default and add "paste in place"

If I want to copy an object and use it again at some other place on the slide or another slide, it's very cumbersome if the object gets pasted close to where the copied object was. It's rather unlikely that I need it there. That's especially annoying if the paste position isn't even within my view port! Therefore pasting should happen at the position of the cursor or the centre of the view port. Additionally I want to point out that besides it being for the windows version, the "paste in place" feature requested in https://powerpoint.uservoice.com/forums/288949-powerpoint-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/13727943-paste-in-place is needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow notification disable when inserting videos from YouTube in Powerpoint

The Security notification and need to Enable Content, can be disabled by Trust Center in the Windows Powerpoint version. However, there is no similar control center on Mac. It would be great if this improvement could be made. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why are third party fonts STILL not working?

The latest version (16.19) still does not work properly with third-party purchased fonts. Specifically, I am using "Roboto" and neither Italics nor Bold work in the text despite selecting them in the Fonts menu. I am a professional speaker. When the fonts don't work it throws off all the written content on a slide. I am therefore still using version 15.41, where this font works.

Can someone please remind me why we are paying an annual fee for Microsoft when they are not providing a reliable service?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export sections to PDF

Please include sections in PDF Export.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Insert place holders so we can edit large files without getting it laggy/buggy until export

Insert place holders for images/videos win a simple preview so we can edit large files without getting it laggy/buggy until export

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow .gif to be inserted as a "movie" again (like in ppt 2011)

In ppt 2011, a gif could be inserted as a "movie". So, I could edit if I wanted the gif to be played "on click" or "automatically" and whether it should "loop", "rewind", "play full screen" and so on. There was no need to go to a third party website and edit the gif itself, and I could decide WHEN the gif would play. For example, only play "on click" after I discussed the slide's content first. It took a couple seconds to click these options and move on to the next slide.

On ppt 2019, the only way to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add projecting caps to the ends of lines

Please add Project Caps to the ends of Lines so when we're aligning horizontal and vertical lines, they join to make a clean corner without gaps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable encryption when saving presentation to pdf.

When we save a presentation as a pdf and put a password or encrypt from copying or editing, the function won't work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow 'Print Hidden Slides' remain ticked, either as a preset or always on by default.

Allow 'Print Hidden Slides' remain ticked, either as a preset or always on by default.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Open Type features

It would be great if we could use the same open type features that we can use in word, too.

i.e. Change old-style and standard figures, use real small caps etc…

That would make our slides look even better :) Thanks a lot!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Custom Quick Access Toolbar to be placed below ribbon like in PC (with short keys)

PC QAT was a super efficient way to format slides and achieve uniformity across slides, presentations. It was placed right where one can simply click next to slide. Alternatively, one just had to memorize the custom shortkey (Alt+1, Alt +2 ...etc.)
    In Mac, the placement is odd, right at the top & needs too many clicks there to access options. Further, the shortcut keys require pressing 3 buttons to achieve what can be done by 2 simultaneous keys in PC.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I want to drag a photo from email directly into ppt as I used to be able to do. I don't want to save it anywhere . Why remove this feature?

I want to drag a photo from email directly into ppt as I used to be able to do. I don't want to save it anywhere. Why was feature removed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. GLOBAL KEEP ORIGINAL FORMAT/THEME OPTION

I move many slides from one presentation to the next, and sometimes the themes are different and I am forever having to tell PPT to use the source formatting parameters. it's just plain annoying.

On the Mac there should be a way of setting the default so that the slide looks exactly like the original wherever it is transferred to.

I don't use styles and themes -- I imagine there are many PPT users like me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. GLOBAL DO NOT COMPRESS OPTION

It is unpredictable, but PPT sometimes auto-compresses PDF and other images in essence ruining them. I try to go in for each pasted graphic and select the No Compress option, but this is not always clear in the menu labels. It's very tedious not to be able to globally turn this (in my opinion idiotic) feature off.

I want to turn off (permanently if possible) ALL compression in PPT for the Mac. Ideally, I would like to do this for all of my PPT files (if I were king I would take this "feature" out of PPT completely -- it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More optimization features to reduce file sizes

Please add an optimization feature like in the PC version that allows you to compress embedded multimedia files/videos within you presentation to significantly reduce file sizes. Otherwise support in linking visually an online video through an iframe environment from a 3rd party video service would be appreciated as an alternative solution.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Diagram Measurement-Style Ends to Arrow Type Options for Lines (┣ and ┫)

Please add the ability to select ┣ and ┫as Begin and End Arrow Types for lines. This would be very useful for when I have to diagram something and use lines to display measurements (like on a blueprint).

This can currently only be done by attaching small lines to the ends of the line that spans the measured length, which can be difficult and time-consuming to use.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to use master slides to set consistent top-level content

Examples of this would be an image that stays on top, such as a company logo that a user may need to place subtly in the corner. The need is that that would not be hidden behind page content, and would be locked in a consistent position on every page created. There are many times I need to design a page with a full-page image with a white logo or watermark on top of the image, this is not possible without manually copying and pasting it with the current program

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add "Change All Images/Graphics" Option

Please allow the option to replace all instances of an image in a PP document.

Currently, if you have a deck that involves a single, repeated image amongst its slides, one must change each instance of the image manually.

Use cases:
    • Using the morph transition, an image changes size/crop/position across the slides. Instead of tediously replaces every instance, this option would replace all at once.
    • An image is placed on multiple slides throughout the document (some could even be hidden in the selection pane). You're not sure where all of them are, but the image must be updated.…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow embedded video from loom!

I understand the plethora of online video sources out there and that it will be difficult to accommodate every one of them. That said, I'm really hoping that LOOM will quickly make it on your list of services you integrate with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base