PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Enable Zoom Features for non-Office 365 Users (Mac)

This should be available to both 365 and downloaded software users. So disappointing to hear its been released for mac users only with a 365 subscription.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier for us to quickly find the icon on the toolbar that we need

Currently the new PPT for Mac looks like a hipster designer updated the icons on the toolbar - but when three are the same shade of blue they are VERY hard to differentiate quickly - adding to our cognitive load. If the design team can't make their updates easy for ongoing users to adapt to - then let us change the colours etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Save as XML for Mac Version

Please add the ability to export as XML in PowerPoint for Mac. It is frequently necessary for some of the work I do, and it's ridiculous having to go all the way to windows just to save in a different format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix the PDF export and import !!!! (and re-enable the personalisation of the toolbar)

I recently updated all my computers (work and personal) to Powerpoint 2018 (version 16.21) from an older version (I think 2016) and I was already quite annoyed by the fact that we cannot peronnalise the toolbar anymore without getting a 365 subscription. Your software is already expensive enough that buying it should make it possible to use it completely without the need to pay again. But I could live with a non-personalised toolbar, but now I discover that I cannot save my presentations as pdf anymore, since the quality of the images get super crapy and given the number of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Animation Toggle to disable specific animations on Animation Panel

Please add the ability to "hide" or "turn off" specific Animations in the Animation Pane. Like the eyeball in the Selection Pane.

It would be useful to have an animation applied to an object, but to have it turned off. This feature could be used to view other animations in the stack by themselves, or in the case that you don't need that animation now, but might need to turn it on later (without having to completely recreate it).

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Paste Special Linked water fall graph from excel to Powerpoint.

With the new Waterfall Graph in excel you can not paste a linked graph into Powerpoint.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Save as PDF" option for saving pdf files with various layouts (1 slide per page, handouts, slides notes)

Being able to export to PDF, single, or multiple slides rather than all of them.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support importing of animated png files (.apng)

APNG files would be a great way to add animated alpha-channeled objects to the PPT canvas.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Embedded graphics check

There needs to be an indicator and warning if some graphics or videos are not working AND if some graphics or videos are not embedded in the saved PPT file. The warning needs to occur upon saving the file and upon opening it.

I have had many, many of my PPT files over the years that have lacked the videos that I embedded in them originally. It means that I cannot trust my old PPT files to work -- I have to go through them and test each video, and this is a huge time sink for lecturers with hundreds…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New slides with A3 format must keep A3 aspect ratio (26,67cm x 37,72cm)

A3 size given on a new slide with A3 format is (26,67cm x 35,56cm) and it is wrong under my opinion. To mantain A3 (297mm x 420mm) aspect ratio must have 26,67cm x 37,72cm.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support text wrapping around image

Please include the above capability. It's essential in this software and has been in all other versions or Word and, I believe, PPT.

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. CLEAR RECENT FILES HISTORY WITH ONE CLICK OPTION

You have to delete these one by one – might as well delete the entire suite and reinstall than take a full day doing it manually.

Personally, eerytime that I unsync a local file from Dropbox and I open PPT, it automatically downloads the file from Dropbox, all of them, that are in the recent files history. It's insanely annoying, and there's no way to control it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Set blank slide master when create new file without textboxes

When you create new ppt file by default it sets slide master with headlines. Every time better start work with blank slide

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide possibility to embed videos in PDFs exported from PPT

When exporting to PDF, I would like to have the option of embedding all videos directly and automatically in the PDF.
    I know I can embed videos afterwards in an existing PDF, but this is way to cumbersome, especially for presentations that contain several videos.
    PPT should embed the videos in the PDF even if they are only linked to from the PPT file.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keep the Mac Insider Fast notes up to date

Just got a download for Mac Fast build 16.22 and the "Insider Fast Build" release notes it links to are for 16.20 and over 2 months old. Where do I find the up to date, accurate ones?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. “Appear” animation at the text character level

Using the “appear” animation on a MacBook Pro, with the effect set to “by letter” Should have a setting to adjust the wait time between each letter appearing. This option is available on a windows machine in 2010. Why is it not available in 2016 on a MacBook Pro.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Move the tiny header file name icon to the footer so the whole file name can be read (Quick Access Area)

I have many shortcuts in my header that obscure the file name, so I have to control-click on the header PPT icon to see the name of the file I am working on. How much nicer it would be to have that name appear at the bottom without having to click on it as I often have multiple PPT files open and can't see their file names all at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Able to delay animation by more than 60 Seconds

Add the ability to delay a animation for more than 60 seconds.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Custom Video Export Sizes

How about the ability to export video at any custom size; such as square or portrait format for social media. That would be awesome as you could upload to instagram etc!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Grant access automatically to linked video files when PPT is played on another device

Currently we are asked to Grant Access to each linked video file, which in my case often means going through 100 or more slides to locate the 20 video files one by one before I can run the presentation.
    Sometimes (it seems by luck) it lists them all in one dialog box, which makes the task easier, but IDEALLY can this feature be bypassed, maybe in Preferences?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base