PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Sound check feature to see if Audio is working before you begin a presentation

I teach courses on auditory system and music and have many slides with embedded sounds.

However, one can never be sure that the sounds will work in a given PPT file. It would be useful to have a button to play all the sounds (and videos as well) and report which ones will work and which ones will not.

THere should also be a warning when one saves the PPT file if some of the sound icons don't have associated playable sound files or embedded file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow 'Default line style' and 'Default arrowhead style' to be set separately

It is possible to save a certain line style as a default, but if you add arrowheads to the line before saving as a default every new line then gets arrowheads.

It would be useful to be able to say "this is a default line without arrowheads, but if you do want arrowheads this is what they should look like". In other words, allow a default arrowhead style to be saved independently of the default line style.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add ability to see new font right after it was installed in system without reboot PPT

Add ability to see new font right after it was installed in system without reboot PPT

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create default font (style, color, size) & let me update my slides easily

add a button that would allow the default for font style, color and size to be quickly changed.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [ActiveX controls] Bring editable TextBoxes to the Mac (real time notes are captured in a slide)

To avoid confusion, right at the beginning: Obviously, you can use text fields in PowerPoint for macOS. That’s not what I’m talking about.
    As a tutor, I often want the students to take notes, while I’m in the middle of a presentation. Turned out, static bullet points are a bad idea when it comes to student’s input. (Be it that some points are missing, or I want to write down the specific wording I just heard etc.)
    One day I stumble upon an article stating PowerPoint on Windows supports my use case with ActiveX controls. Which is awesome! If the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Paste on all slides

Could we have an option where we could copy and paste to all or selected slides so it sits in the same location

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide option to set resolution of external display when in slide show mode

Currently, when Powerpoint switches to slide mode it ignores the established resolution with an external monitor and attempts to handshake and figure out the resolution itself. On certain switching equipment (Crestron, Extron, etc.) it is unable to establish the maximum resolution and defaults to the lowest. At this point there is no way to increase the resolution. In the Windows version there is an option to set the resolution. The suggestion is to add this to the Mac version. Alternatively (or in addition), it would seem logical if Powerpoint did not try to determine the resolution when entering slide show…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow user to set shadow default

I find it ridiculous that you force every new object to have a shadow. Please add a preference item for the user to choose "no shadow" by default.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keynote feature: Select elements when dragging pressed-down cursor partially across them

In Apple Keynote, if I press the mouse button and drag across the slide area, I can select all elements that cross partially the drag area.

In Powerpoint, only the elements that are fully inside the drag area get selected;

this makes it difficult to select large objects, or multiple objects in the slide.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option-drag to resize an object (Shape, image) while keeping it centered

Why did you take away the feature in previous PPT versions that allowed resizing an object while holding option key to keep center of object in the same place? That was so useful to be able to do this in one step. Now, the center of the object moves with the drag of a corner, and one has to click back on the object after dragging to move it back to its original position. Why do you make things harder for us???

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please allow movie and mp4 playbacks on Macs. This feature should be available to all consumers

Please allow movie and mp4 playbacks on Macs. This feature should be available to all consumers

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Freeze slide during presentation

Would be great to be able to freeze the current slide output showing when in presentation mode to allow viewing and quick amends to future slides.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow me to select which pages (slides) to include when I export PDF

When I save my PowerPoint as PDF, I want to be able to select which pages to include like I used to be able to do rather than having to export all the pages (slides) into a huge PDF and then open the PDF in another program and delete the pages I don't want.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add 'Copy link' option to 'Hyperlink' menu under right-click

I'm continuously editing a few PowerPoint decks and they have a lot of links I need to copy-paste to other applications. In the edit mode the hyperlinks are not easily copy-pasteable and I need to do right-click > Hyperlink > Edit hyperlink to be able to copy the link. I can't just copy the hyperlink directly from the page as the link text shown is different from the actual URL.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Design Ideas to Office for Mac Home and Student 2016 please!

Add Design Ideas to Office for Mac Home and Student 2016 please!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [Continuous scrolling] Please disable the slide switching by mouse wheel in editing mode! (Slide jumps on zoom)

When I need to edit some details on the top or bottom of a slide, it is really hard to fix the slide in the right position without jumping to the previous or the next one. The scroll bar makes the same effect. So please disable the disable the slide switching by mouse wheel. When we want to go to different slides, we can just click the thumbnail in the left navigation panel.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a PDF file into a PowerPoint slide

Please consider adding better embedding of PDF files into slides.
    By that I mean two things:
    - more view options: option to select which page should be shown, two-page view etc.
    - editing: ability to fill out a PDF form during presentation (& also save the inputed data inside the pptx file)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create Client Version Button

Make a "create client version" tool which, with one click would let you remove all notes, create a PDF and keep it under 10mb for easily sending to clients.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Web Viewer add-on should Support Cookies

The current Mac-Version of the Web Viewer Add-on does not support Cookies (the Windows-version does). This makes it unusable for many use cases. I assume this is just a Bug in the Mac-Version. Is there any plan to fix this or is there even a Workaround available at the moment?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Chinese fonts

PowerPoint 365 for Mac should allow more installation of Chinese fonts without much restrictions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base