PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Export Powerpoint to video with music (not referring to narrations)

When will we be able to export a presentation to .mp4 or .mov with music from iTunes and then be able to hear the music on the video. This is such a basic need. There is a "completed" request with over 1,000 requests to be able to record narration and export to video, there are many comments referring to a need for the ability to export with audio not only narrations). Office 365 so disappointed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. link to local file

Links to video files in the same folder as the presentation should not store the full path as the presentation cannot be moved.

I often edit on PC, sync presentation via onedrive to mac but then find I have to re-link the videos because the path cannot be found even though the videos are in the same folder as the presentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Retain BOTH Hyperlinks and Fonts in Saved PDFs

Users have to choose between keeping hyperlinks or keeping fonts in a PDF saved from PowerPoint. This choice is unacceptable, the PDF save needs to retain both. Windows users don't have to make this choice.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sort slides by date edited

A slide-level time stamp. Review changes in large or shared presentations. Perhaps a slide-level Edit History panel or "last 5 slides edited" would be nice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Include Activex support for powerpoint for Mac

Power point for Mac lacks Activex functionality. In an education setting this means that powerpoints from windows do not function correctly when presenting to students on a Mac.

Microsoft, as you are now targeting the education market with various products and services why not include support for Activex macros in powerpoints on a Mac? In real education settings there is a mixture of windows and mac os users (teachers and students).

Regards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Transparency for shapes and groups

For shapes it is currently possible to adjust the transparency of the fill, the outline and the included text. However, to my knowledge there is still no option to adjust the transparency of the shape including fill, outline and text as such. This is despite the fact that this effect would be very useful to guide the audience from one element to another on different slides. Often this is achieved by semi transparent overlays and , but really that is just a mediocre workaround. Another, better, workaround is adding a transparency animation right from the start of a slide, but…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PowerPoint Paste options button always in the way. LET ME HIDE IT!!!

PowerPoint Paste options button always in the way. LET ME HIDE IT!!!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. fatima khaled

it is like a tower

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Don't make me type units

The fields in the Paragraph dialog box don't compensate when you forget to type the units, even when they're presupposed. It doesn't even fill in the units for you after the alert box pops up.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add half circle to basic shapes

Please add a half circle to the basic shapes

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. rethink master templates

Please rethink master templates...

- Make easy to manage and deploy master template iterations and across a landscape of 500+ presentations (HTML?, CSS?)

- Text boxes with multiple typographic styles such as paragraphs, lists, tables, h1 - h4. This way the text box in the template can define alignment, position, and breath-ability across more design patterns. (Think web content management)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow video recording with PowerPoint, like can be done with PC's

It would be helpful to videotape a PowerPoint presentation (video and audio) with a MacBook Air. PC's allow this, but evidently it is not compatible with Mac's. I can only do an audio recording with my slides. Will this be something worked on for the future? Thank you.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back selective use and formatting of Reuse Slides

In Office for Mac 2011 (and for current Windows Users) one can choose to reuse a single slide (or 2, 3 etc) from another presentation and retain the original formatting. No more! With 2016 the user is forced to add ALL slides from the secondary presentation - and the formatting is automatically changed, too. For example, if you need 2 slides from a 100 slide presentation, all 100 slides are inserted and all formatting auto-changed to the receiving presentation. This renders the feature virtually useless and costs users a ton of time that wasn't previously required. The Microsoft Tech team…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Return to English language

Please provide way to return to English language! Lost electrical power for 15 hours. When restored my PowerPoint is only available in the Greek language. Help!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Vector files to PPT

The design community readily relies on the MAC and Adobe Illustrator for designing, meaning entire page layouts, not just artwork/shapes. I have tried different conversion options for MAC AI to PPT and none work properly. The ability to convert an entire page, pulling over the artwork and text all at once, without disturbance to the layout would be a huge bonus to PPT capabilities.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please provide possibility to export powerpoint as mp4 on mac -with embedded video and narration

After creating the whole presentation, to find out that this is not possible is, needless to say, a shock.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. audio narration on Mac powerpoint presentation

I signed up for Office 365 with the intent to be able to record narration on presentations and be able to then convert to a video format to load onto the internet (specifically FB). The MOV & MP4 options are the only options I am given on my MAC, and the presentation is converted to video wonderfully BUT with NO audio. I need the narrated audio or it is useless to me. This whole process has been incredibly frustrating.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello, I have been experiencing issues within PPT for MAC of which I was not aware. For example, the 60 sec constraint on animation delays.

In an effort to resolve my problem, I had to revert to Microsoft PPT 2011 and founf the slider much more useable and time saving than the current configurations in 2019. I recommend reverting back to sliders but with all the 2019 bells and whistles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. i want to update power point

enable editing saturation in powerpoint

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)