PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Need to be able to Edit powerpoint while presenting.

We have been able to edit Powerpoint while presenting on Windows for many years to not be able to do this on Mac is a huge step back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slide size

Have a function to a) see the size (in MB) of each slide, and b) to sort the slides by size. This would make it way quicker to identify which slides are eating up most space, which you can then use to e.g. make pictures smaller.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Simpler Macro Creator or More Apply to All options

VOTE FOR THIS!! I'd like to create macros because what I do is extreme repetition. One push of a button would save me so much time and stress. I am aware of VBA (Visual Basics Editor) in PowerPoint, however I don't have time to learn script or "programming language". Another suggestion is an APPLY TO ALL OPTION FOR TEXTBOX SHAPE FORMAT. This is very important for strict formatting and broadcast/television standards. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Caps Lock change lower case to upper case in words (MICROSOFT to microsoft, and vice versa) when highlight word

You highlight a word for example "MICROSOFT", press the caps lock button while highlighting, and it changes the word to "microsoft", and vice versa.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. add animation button on Mac

Why can't the add animation button be on the Mac like on a PC?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Text outline so the text does not die with the background

An easy way to change the outline on any text so when the background is perfect the text is perfect but it blends in on one area.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make presentation features on MAC the same as PC particularly when presenting on dual monitors

On the PC version when presenting slides with presentation on a second display monitor, you can edit the powerpoint slides on one display while presenting on the other - this is not possible on the MAC version and the closest I have seen to a solution is having two copies of the powerpoint slide open, and presenting one copy while using the second to edit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mac PowerPoint Tab-Theme (Slide Size 4:3 to 16:9)

In PowerPoint 2011 for Mac, I was able to change the size of the slide to 16:9 and all of my side content would stretch to fit. PowerPoint 2016 and newer only lets you change the slide size but the content stays the same. Can you add the option to let me stretch the slide to 16:9 and all the content stretch with the slide size. I use PowerPoint 2011 for this option only. I know I will not get to do this for much longer.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sharper slide images on Notes Pages

PowerPoint 2011 had sharp vector images of slides appearing on Notes Pages. In 2016 and 2019, that good code was tossed out and the slide images are now blurry and unreadable bitmaps. Please bring back the vector images.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add button trigger en power point animation for all version and not only por 365

Add trigger to be able to generate new power point actions

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keep PowerPoint Running

When multiple screen/monitors are being used, a PowerPoint Presentation will stop running. With a PP-Presentation running on screen/monitor-1 and you move your mouse to work on screen/monitor-2 the PP-Presentation stops.

This is extremely urgent to get working!

Many Presenters are using teleconferencing software to work with employees and co-workers at home. The teleconferencing software is running on one screen and the PP-Presentation is running on the second screen. The PP-Presentation STOPS/PAUSES when you have to focus on the teleconferencing software to respond to chats or talk.

PP-Presentations with automatic slide transitions, movies, music or audio tracks are severely impacted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop destroying my work

Uploaded a version of my presentation to the 'cloud'.

Now I've nothing, the local version was 'moved' to the cloud and all I have is versions that don't match what I know I worked on.

If Microsoft don't understand how to provide these services maybe don't provide them.

I now have to recreate the work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Implement latex command \dagger.

Implement latex command \dagger.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Base slide size on pixels, not cm or inches

Powerpoint is an application in which you can create presentations. As a designer i'm pretty frustrated by the fact that the standard size unit is set to cm's. I mean, the actual size output is dependent on the screen it is projected on.

If i want to set a presentation to 1920 x 1080 px i can convert the size to cm's on unitconverters.net (a link i got from a Microsoft support employee). Convert 1920 to cm's and the answer will be 50,8 cm. Now my screen is set to 1920 px, but the width of the screen is far…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be very convenient if users were able to select more than 1 picture at a time when adding media into a slide.

If users were able to select more than one picture per slide it would be very convenient. I know there is an option to select one or select all, but there does not seem to be an option to select multiple pictures at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add option to record URLs added to slide when using "Record Slide Show" experience

Because of the corona virus, I need to record powerpoints for my students to use. When teaching in the classroom, I can easily insert a hyperlink and simply click on it when I am in "slideshow" but for some reason, hyperlinks do not work in "record" mode. I would like to kindly suggest you make this feature available.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. View all design ideas.

On the button where it says design ideas , I would like to see all the ideas at once so add a button that says view all ideas.
    Thanks and have a great day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Speed function for narrated slide show

The good thing about COVID is that we could sit on our comfy bed and won't need to worry to go to school. The bad thing is all the professors are still alive and they †alk slowly with narrated PowerPoint.
    It would be a great idea that PowerPoint would have a button, like those in the video players, for a 2x playback speed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dont waste space on templates or use such small fonts.

Some of the templates have too much space around the text boxes, resulting in smaller fonts for the test.
    People want to read what's on the slides

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base