PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. YOU FUCKERS TURNED ON AUTOMATIC ONEDRIVE SAVE?

FUCKING UP MY WORKFLOW AND RUINING HOW I FIND DOCUMENTS IN FINDER ON MAC? FUCK YOU! FUCK YOURSELVES. SHIT PRODUCT. NOW WORSE THAN SKYPE.

Feature request: do not default-save to onedrive.

FUCKS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save as PDF - PDF version standard

Export/Save as PDF should use the same PDF version standard across all Microsoft products for example version 1.7 regardless if using Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, or Microsoft Online and regardless of using the option use Microsoft online service to generate the PDF or using the local service.
    This consistency is critical to having a consistent and supported cross platform user experience with PDFs being used or printed which were created by Microsoft products.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Do not make PDF's bigger than the PPT file

The PDF file reported from PPT should never be bigger than the PPT file itself.
    However, I have a number of PPT files that, when exported to PDF, triple in file size. This is not good.
    I was told PPT might be trying to create "high quality" images (the PPT file contains lots of images), but I don't see how image quality can be increased beyond what is already there in the PPT source.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable live preview in PowerPoint for Mac

The Live Preview feature is not enabled / Implemented in PowerPoint for Mac. I've seen people asking to enable live preview for different functions as suggestions. So I'm making this ticket as an aggregated ticket for all live preview functions.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mac PowerPoint Tab-Theme (Slide Size 4:3 to 16:9)

In PowerPoint 2011 for Mac, I was able to change the size of the slide to 16:9 and all of my side content would stretch to fit. PowerPoint 2016 and newer only lets you change the slide size but the content stays the same. Can you add the option to let me stretch the slide to 16:9 and all the content stretch with the slide size. I use PowerPoint 2011 for this option only. I know I will not get to do this for much longer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Find the distance between two objects?

For example, in Sketch, I can click on a box, hit my Mac "alt" button, hover over another object, and Sketch will automatically tell me that the objects are 155 pixels apart or something like that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add design ideas to powerpoint office Home & Business 2019.

am struggling with my new powerpoint as am using windows before and have the design ideas which helped me a lot while with my office Home & Business 2019. can't use it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change Picture and keep same cropping

PLEASE allow users to replace a picture with a new one and keep the same cropping. Whenever I change out a picture, even though it is the same size (I edited it in photoshop), when I replace the picture it resets the cropping and I have to resize the image. Linking the image does not seem to work on my mac version of Powerpoint.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add the ability to view gridlines as you are able to in PowerPoint on Windows

In the Windows version of PowerPoint, one is able to show gridlines on a slide, and possibly edit the size. This is not possible on the Mac version.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support ligatures in PowerPoint for macOS

Just like Keynote or Word does it, ligatures such as "Fi" of "Ff" should be automatically formatted by PowerPoint on the Mac. Pretty much every font supports them. This being 21st century, text—especially in headings—looks unprofessional without ligatures.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Define 'default text style' for charts

PowerPoint automatically sets the text style in charts to about 30% brighter off Text/Background Dark 1, and this is not part of the theme colors. I understand it's designed for it to be somewhat visible on both dark and light backgrounds, but it's making the charts details out of place design-wise; off-theme, off-brand.

Please allow us to set the formatting as a Master, thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Restore Right Scroll Bar and arrows

I am distraught that PowerPoint 2019 for Mac, which I just installed on a new Mac, does not have the right side scroll bar and slide advance errors when editing slides.

I have used PPT for more than 30 years. Why does it make sense to take away part of the core navigation? I don't want to use thumbnails at left all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a Column Break command for multiple column text boxes

Add a Column Break command for multiple column text boxes

Currently in a multiple column text box, one has to add extra spaces to force a line into the second column, why not have a column break command in PPT as there is in Word?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow setting of default file extension for "Save as Picture" or at least remember the last format choice.

The ability to save images and shapes as pictures in PDF is a great feature of PowerPoint on Mac. Please enable users to set the default file extension for "Save as Picture", for example, as PDF. Currently, PowerPoint always defaults saving to .PNG file.

At the very least, PowerPoint should remember the user's last format choice and default to that.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create different paths through a deck in Screen show for different people.

People often build decks for use my multiple different type of people - sales, technical, management etc but you still want them to use some common charts. Rather than build multiple decks it would be good to be able to define multiple paths through a deck depending on different needs. Simple mix could ask the person putting it in screen show, which path they want to take

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notes Page - Substandard Programming

In PowerPoint 2016 and 2019 for Mac, the notes pages have substandard programming. The right-click menu is a simple copy of the right-click menu for slides. It can't be called context-aware, because it isn't. In all Windows versions, the right-click menu for Notes Pages includes a command to reapply important features of the Notes Master (Notes Layout). This menu is missing in all versions of PowerPoint for Mac. Instead, a lazy programmer has added the right-click menu that applies only to slides.
    This need is especially relevant because PowerPoint Online currently corrupts Notes Pages when they are edited. Windows users…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)