PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. New and Updated and Jazzy Templates

New and Updated and Jazzy Templates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PLEASE enable presenter view to open in a window, not full screen only.

Very similar to another suggestion. When I present over Zoom, I want to use Presenter View and see my Zoom window of participants at the same time. But because Presenter View is only in Full Screen Mode, whenever I click into it, my Zoom window disappears, so I cannot see my participants when I am presenting. Currently, PPT enables "open in a window" in regular slide show mode. But what is needed is Open in a Window for Presenter View mode, also!! Then I can potentially use split-screen and have the two applications (PPT and Zoom) running at the same…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable management of "Recent Documents" for Mac users

MAC users cannot currently manage or disable "Recent Documents" in PowerPoint. It would be helpful to add the same functionality as Windows users with an option for "0" recent docs. In my case, this is affecting my Dropbox Sync function and keeps re-downloading each PowerPoint file that has been unsynced every time I open PowerPoint.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create a way to improve closed caption accuracy on PowerPoint

In the realm of accessibility, it is EXTREMELY important that accurate live-auto captioning software be available for creating transcripts during a presentation. I have been working with this software, and the accuracy is fairly good, but it consistently gets a few "difficult" words wrong. One solution I thought of would be a communication between the words on the slide and the live captions, so the software can learn how to recognize key words and spell them correctly. Or, if you could add words to the "dictionary" on Microsoft, and then the software would understand how to spell it. This is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow user to customize workspace in PowerPoint.

For example, the default active slide highlighting color is orange. If you are working with a slide theme that has an orange border, it is very difficult to see it. Many Apple-designed programs allow user to customize their workspace environment. Would be nice to see that in PowerPoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Could you upgrade the features of SmartArt

The smart chart needs to be upgraded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug in Mac OS powerpoint

Open powerpoint in Mac OS

Create a shape

Then change its transparency level

Then paste it as pciture

Again, open this file in windows OS, you will see - colours are different

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Blending modes.

Can we have blending modes similar to how Photoshop and Illustrator use them.

I need Multiply.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG:Before the presentation, I manually adjust the transition to the next slide and, even so, it advances to the next slide after some time.

Unfortunately, I could not find out this procedure: click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint.

So, I report that bug here.

BUG: Before the presentation, I manually adjust the transition to the next slide and, even so, it advances to the next slide after some time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export to PDF options

Add the ability to export a range of slides, user-defined sections. Bonus points - add the ability to make export based on the same selection automatic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Right click align tool please

Right clicking on an object, text box or image is second nature for designers. On Mac Powerpoint it is difficult to hunt for the Align icon on the menu bar every time, and interrupts what could be a speedy workflow!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Modernize it Please!!!

Make it better! Why can't I import sketch or figma file directly here. Make it happen! or at least make it like a product that supposed to be in 2020. Make layers and components better! Thank YOU!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Acercar parte de una diapositiva en la vista Presentación con diapositivas para equipos MAC

Acercar parte de una diapositiva en la vista Presentación con diapositivas para equipos MAC, cuando se realiza la presentación la herramienta "lupa" no esta disponible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. remove hyperlink on text in the right-click menu

you have to click into the hyperlink menu in order to do this. it would remove a step.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please allow the text highlighter to have different INTENSITIES for each color. Most are so dark they obliterate the text.

For PowerPoint it is possible to have different shades of a given color for the text BOXES, but not for hightlighting of WORDS. Now most of the text highlighting colors are so dark they obliterate the word—making them useless. Please allow all highlight colors to have the ability to have different levels of transparency (darkness or lightness).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please help us number slides separately by section!

start each section slide number at one, which will make it easier to manage very large presentations!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This shit - 2010 -is closing and opening on its own, cannot be controlled, updates do not work, reports to MS either. It's a piece of scrap.

This shit - v. 2010 - is closing and opening on its own, cannot be controlled, updates do not work, reports to MS either. It's a piece of scrap. Put it right.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cursor Placement when inserting slides: more flexibility--end of row, end of slides, etc.

Small item, but in Overall Slides view, often I want to insert slides at the end of a presentation. In previous PPTX, I could click my curor ANYWHERE behind the last slide and paste. No more. Now I have to put cursor PRECISELY behind edge of last slide. Otherwise it pastes in line above.

Same is true if i want to paste slides at the end of a row of slides. One used to be able to put cursor at end of a row or beginning of next row. Now you can only insert at beginning of a row of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base