PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Cannot export in ultra hd 4k on Mac but you can on Windows

Add a 4k ultra hd mp4 export option for Mac users. Extremely unfair and frustrating that I pay for software that has limited functions on Mac.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable offline ability to browse version history

I was shocked to see that I can no longer use PowerPoint or Word with offline access to previous versions. Browsing version history only works if you're using OneDrive. First, I frequently work in places without internet access, and second, I hate OneDrive, and third, it feels like manipulation to get me to use OneDrive against my will, and fourth, it is a downgrade from my previous Office software. When I mis-save a version or don't save one by mistake, I expect the previous version to be available to me as has been the case on earlier Office products. I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. show paste options

Show Paste Options in Powerpoint version 16.25 for Mac disappeared! You can not paste keeping source formatting anymore! In the preferences , edit section, you do not have the option to toggle on/off the Show Paste options buttons ... I guess that is why afterwards you can not access them while you are working?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Tabular Lining

Currently, there is no fix for numbers or letter sets using Old Style lining. In Word, the tabular lining option occurs. Please please please add tabular lining function to PowerPoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. link to local file

Links to video files in the same folder as the presentation should not store the full path as the presentation cannot be moved.

I often edit on PC, sync presentation via onedrive to mac but then find I have to re-link the videos because the path cannot be found even though the videos are in the same folder as the presentation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Problem editing textbox in the latest version of Powerpoint for MAC 2016, ver 16.25

When editing an existing presentation in PowerPoint 2016, ver 16.25, latest update, it is impossible to edit a textbook. Double clicking on the textbook highlights the text but one cannot update said text. I circumvented the problem by editing the same presentation with PowerPoint for MAC 2011 to modify the textbook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I need to be able to zoom in on a particular slide during presentation mode. Please enable this for mac.

While in presentation mode, I need to be able to zoom in while on a particular slide. I don't need to zoom to another slide, but need to zoom in on the slide that is on screen. This issue was raised before, but closed out when you provided SUMMARY ZOOM.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hyperlink to headers or images rather than page numbers in PPT

Hi there! I create presentations for a living and am getting more and more requests for decks that can be used on a laptop or iPad that function as an FAQ. Client wants to be able to click from hyperlinks in a TOC to reach individual subjects in the document. Sadly, every time the client wants to update, it changes the page numbers and we have to re-hyperlink everything. Is it possible to update the system for internal document hyperlinks to function the way MSWord does? Can we hyperlink to a header or line of text rather than just the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Audio does NOT export, as promised. No embedded fonts, as promised.

The instructions for PP on a mac (365) assure us that embedded fonts are a thing. LIE. There isn't even an option! The instructions for PP on a mac (365) talk about exporting with audio. LIE. The audio won't export as an embedded recording in the file. WHY??? What the freaking heck is the problem with Microsoft??? Had I not just spent weeks creating these presentations I wouldn't be angry as %&#*#...but I have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. aynı sunuda hem yatay hem de dikey sayfa kullanılabilmeli.

aynı sunuda hem yatay hem de dikey sayfa kullanılabilmeli.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow me to actually SAVE my updates on my presentation!!!

Allow me to actually SAVE my updates on my presentation!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow MULTIPLE presenter view outputs in a multi-monitor setup like Keynote does.

Allow PPT to output DIFFERENT views - notes only on one output, Full presenter view on another and Presentation on a third?

This works very easily on Apple's Keynote where you can configure the presenter view differently for each monitor on a multi-monitor setup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Find the distance between two objects?

For example, in Sketch, I can click on a box, hit my Mac "alt" button, hover over another object, and Sketch will automatically tell me that the objects are 155 pixels apart or something like that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bring back selective use and formatting of Reuse Slides

In Office for Mac 2011 (and for current Windows Users) one can choose to reuse a single slide (or 2, 3 etc) from another presentation and retain the original formatting. No more! With 2016 the user is forced to add ALL slides from the secondary presentation - and the formatting is automatically changed, too. For example, if you need 2 slides from a 100 slide presentation, all 100 slides are inserted and all formatting auto-changed to the receiving presentation. This renders the feature virtually useless and costs users a ton of time that wasn't previously required. The Microsoft Tech team…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. software development advice

Please have your developers use and become proficient at a basic graphic design program. Graphic designers by and large are your primary users and happen to use software that has a designer's logic to it. Powerpoint's basic functionality and workflow consistently ignores this "best practice" development approach and causes so many discontinuities (read: Frustration) that if it wasn't so maddening it would be laughable. That said, there are some basic things that would make the program more user friendly:

1. Bezier curves: This is a extremely critical function! Illustrator provides fine controls that makes curves easy and quick to do…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. sort text alphabetically similar to Excel

Sort text alphabetically similar to Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. On corporate PPT (Volume License 2016) the highlight button has been removed, but exists in Office 365 versions. Please reinstate.

On corporate PPT (Volume License 2016) the highlight button has been removed, but exists in Office 365 versions. Please reinstate. I don't see any reason for differentiation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change default pasting text option

When pasting text, please make it optional to change the default settings to something other than "Use destination theme." Eliminating the need to have to toggle down each time text entries are entered.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base