PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Real-time collaboration on desktop Mac PowerPoint

Allow real-time collaboration of desktop version of PowerPoint on the Mac with the PC desktop version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export PDF as handouts as you can on windows.

On windows you can export your powerpoint, with the notes to the side, as a PDF file. This is excellent for students and revision. Why I cannot do this on mac I do not know, but would appreciate it being added as an option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. remove speaker notes

Need to save and share file WITHOUT speaker notes on a MAC, like you can on a PC

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please provide possibility to export powerpoint as mp4 on mac -with embedded (editable) video and narration

After creating the whole powerpoint presentation, to find out that this is not possible is, needless to say, a shock.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want to drag a photo from email directly into ppt as I used to be able to do. I don't want to save it anywhere . Why remove this feature?

I want to drag a photo from email directly into ppt as I used to be able to do. I don't want to save it anywhere. Why was feature removed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 slides side-by-side

I would love top be able to view two slides side-by-side.... being able to work on and edit them concurrently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Full customizable keyboard shortcuts

Please allow us to customize keyboard shortcut or at a minimum set keyboard shortcuts for the quick access toolbar similar to the Windows version of powerpoint. Alt-1 etc. is very powerful once customized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export Powerpoint to video with music (not referring to narrations)

When will we be able to export a presentation to .mp4 or .mov with music from iTunes and then be able to hear the music on the video. This is such a basic need. There is a "completed" request with over 1,000 requests to be able to record narration and export to video, there are many comments referring to a need for the ability to export with audio not only narrations). Office 365 so disappointed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Apply Morph Transition for Edited Points

I would like the ability to morph between instances of the same shape (on sequential slides), but with edited points.

For instance, if I have a circle, and I want to drag the tangent handles out slightly or maybe even move the points relative to each other using the Edit Points tool for each slide. I would like PowerPoint to morph the tangent lines smoothly, recognizing that it's the same object, but with modified points/tangents.

This is different from scaling/moving the object as a whole.

This will allow us to make more complex animation without needing to change anything in…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Creating a link between text boxes in PowerPoint.

In Word, you click a text box > select "Create a link" > select an empty text box to flow text between text boxes. If there is over flow of text a new page forms.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. File "Save As..." should by default save the new file in the same directory as the old file.

File "Save As..." should by default save the new file in the same directory as the old file. Currently, PowerPoint randomly uses either the same directory or mostly the User/Documents folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow embedded video from loom!

I understand the plethora of online video sources out there and that it will be difficult to accommodate every one of them. That said, I'm really hoping that LOOM will quickly make it on your list of services you integrate with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. To be able to enter videos vertically

That there is the possibility of introducing videos recorded vertically and that they are reproduced without the screen in black

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. To be able to enter videos vertically

That there is the possibility of introducing videos recorded vertically and that they are reproduced without the screen in black

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Diagram Measurement-Style Ends to Arrow Type Options for Lines

Please add the ability to select ┣ and ┫as Begin and End Arrow Types for lines. This would be very useful for when I have to diagram something and use lines to display measurements (like on a blueprint).

This can currently only be done by attaching small lines to the ends of the line that spans the measured length, which can be difficult and time-consuming to use.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it easier for us to quickly find the icon on the toolbar that we need

Currently the new PPT for Mac looks like a hipster designer updated the icons on the toolbar - but when three are the same shade of blue they are VERY hard to differentiate quickly - adding to our cognitive load. If the design team can't make their updates easy for ongoing users to adapt to - then let us change the colours etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix the PDF export and import !!!! (and re-enable the personalisation of the toolbar)

I recently updated all my computers (work and personal) to Powerpoint 2018 (version 16.21) from an older version (I think 2016) and I was already quite annoyed by the fact that we cannot peronnalise the toolbar anymore without getting a 365 subscription. Your software is already expensive enough that buying it should make it possible to use it completely without the need to pay again. But I could live with a non-personalised toolbar, but now I discover that I cannot save my presentations as pdf anymore, since the quality of the images get super crapy and given the number of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please allow images in PDF format to be pasted into PowerPoint (/Word) without destroying their quality

I love being able to take PDF screenshots or figures and paste them into presentations, so that the quality of the presentation remains high and the images aren't pixilated.

Unfortunately, with the latest updates to Office 2019 / Office 365 (at least with 16.21 190117), images inserted into PowerPoints and Word files as PDFs become pixilated and desaturated as soon as the file is saved. The results look awful on any high quality display, and are unusable for presentations or reports (even sometimes illegible altogether).

This has made it capturing screenshots on a Mac or exporting high-quality images from other…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base