PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. can't insert .avi video into powerpoint 2019 for Mac

I couldn't insert .avi video into powerpoint 2019 for Mac these days.

it shows a message like this:
    'PowerPoint cannot insert a video from the selected file. Verify that the path and file format are correct, and then try again.'

But it worked not long ago when I handled my work with powerpoint 2016 embedded Flip4Mac.

I just wonder why this happen and how to resolve this problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Paste Link to Paste Special when Pasting Excel data

On Mac OS, when pasting Excel cells or worksheets in Word, you have the option to paste the data as a link so that the Word document is updated when the data in Excel is updated. This should also be available in Powerpoint. Currently, you can paste the data in Powerpoint, but data does not update when the Excel worksheet is changed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Interupt Video Playback when video in fullscreen mode

When videos embedded in a slide are played in fullscreen mode on a tablet, we only have the option to pause and play the video. The video needs to finish playing before it will revert back to the home slide.
    There is no way to obviously return to the home slide and on a tablet, there is no ESC to hit. The ability to add a home action button that is visible on top of the playing fullscreen video would be a huge help.
    We are setting up tablets in an Expo Environment and the presentation needs to be super…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Sections to the Master Template

Add sections to the Master in PPT so that you could categorize the type of slides in the layout selection tool. If you didn't add a sections feature, even adding a way to categorize the type of slide would be incredibly helpful from a user perspective when dealing with corporate decks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Deleting Cropped margins of a video. Can delete edges of a cropped image, how can I discard deleted part of a video

Want to discard cropped margins of a video. I can delete cropped edges from my file so it is not discoverable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Schooling options

Students in high school / college ( Or some form of education) should be eligible for a year (or some amount of time) of free use for all of Microsoft's programs so that way they can use and become proficient in all / most Microsoft's programs and that will in turn get them to like your systems better so that way when their year is up they will pay in order to keep your the platform that they prefer more.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Resize the presenter screen

When presenting it will be great if you could resize the presenter screen, so you could manage better with zoom and similar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. While editing slides, I discovered.

Different parts of Haile Selassie's autobiography indicate that Adefrsew Yenadu died in either 1950 or 1960.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Standardize the designs for headings and categories

I would like to be able to select one design for all Heading 1, another for Heading 2, etc. I don't like it when the Design changes halfway through the document or won't allow me to use it again if I add something to the document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make presentation features on MAC the same as PC particularly when presenting on dual monitors

On the PC version when presenting slides with presentation on a second display monitor, you can edit the powerpoint slides on one display while presenting on the other - this is not possible on the MAC version and the closest I have seen to a solution is having two copies of the powerpoint slide open, and presenting one copy while using the second to edit

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Use PowerPoint as a virtual webcam

It would be great if powerpoint could present itself as a virtual webcam to apps like ZOOM, that way it could present as a "Panelist" in a webinar rather than a screen share which has some limitations. This would be extraordinarily useful for people running virtual events!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SmartArt Graphics folder missing

Mac users can't add new SmartArt glox files to their installlation. In Windows, the Templates folder contains a SmartArt Graphics folder where additional Glox files can be downloaded. Then the SmartArt file list incluides them in the program. Mac installations are missing this folder. Creating a SmartArt Graphics folder in the Templates folder, then placing a Glox file inside, does NOT add to the SmartArt menu in Office for Mac.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom slideshow improvements

The functionality for custom slide show is very far from usable, at least on Mac, and I would like to suggest the following improvements:

When adding more slides to a custom show, they are always placed at the end. It should be possible to define where to put the new slides, simply by selecting one of the slides already present - the added slides then should be placed directly after this slide in succession.

It should be possible to add multiple slides in one go.

When removing slides, the list should stay in place, instead of bumping to the top.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix the full-screen glitches!

For many years the developers of Mac for Powerpoint have somehow overlooked a really troublesome glitch which interferes with the switching between PPT documents:

Scenario:

There are one or more PPTs in full-screen mode; and one or more PPTs as a norrmal document window, floating on desktop.

When having played a full-screened PPT's slideshow to view it, after pressing ESC, the other document(s) will also then suddenly be in full screen.

Not only does this cause chaos to the organisation of all open applications, putting numerous PPTs next to each other in full-screen-mode, which is often undesirable and very awkward.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base