PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • or
  1. Add words to custom dictionary

DANGER - PowerPoint 2016 for Mac spell checker does not change custom dictionary to Add words!!!

The issue reported here was fixed:
    PowerPoint 2016 for Mac spell checker does not Add words to custom dictionary
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficepowerpoint-msomac/powerpoint-2016-for-mac-spell-checker-does-not-add/42729402-f9c9-488b-9360-90b9129eb6be

But further to that, I have noticed that when "Tools - Spelling" to Add words, PowerPoint 2016 version 15.31.0 (170216) does not automatically select the correct custom dictionary in "Add words to". Word does it right, but PowerPoint fails as said.

This is particularly dangerous, since you may add words to the wrong custom dictionary, for instance when you work with…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Video Export Sizes

How about the ability to export video at any custom size; such as square or portrait format for social media. That would be awesome as you could upload to instagram etc!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Active the Grow/Shrink animation and option to custom the size !!!

In Animation, allow user to custom the size of for Grow/Shrink animation features just like in Wondow version

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting feedback. In the latest version on PowerPoint you can use the “Grow/Shrink” animation and control the size (Tiny, Smaller, Larger, Huge").

Give it a try – select an element → go to the Animation tab → Select “Grow/Shrink” → “Effect options”

4. Edit and Delete Custom Colors via Theme color palette

When I create a custom palette and want to tweak one color and re-save, I have to create a new palette, so I just end up with multiple similar palettes which is not very helpful to remember which one is correct.

I'm newer to Powerpoint, but it seems in previous versions you had the ability to edit these palettes or delete them entirely. I'd like to go back to having that capability.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Full Quick Access Toolbar support for Office for Mac 2016

PC QAT is a boon and better than customizing PPT for Mac 11, now we have neither option. It would be great if the exported QAT files would work across MAC and PC but that is a minor issue compared to being able to create a QAT and move it under the ribbon like in the PC versions.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! You can now get this functionality via the Insider Fast update (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_insider-registration/announcing-the-first-ever-office-insider-fast/de603f73-3405-49d4-a6ee-d017773cb8a0). It will also be gradually deployed to the usual Insider channel and eventually get pushed to all users in a week or two.

Enjoy the feature, and please keep voting on what you’d like to see next. Thanks!

6. We should be given the ability to customize the UI. instead of having a black or white UI, let us get crafty.

We should be given the ability to customize the UI. instead of having a black or white UI, let us get crafty.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Customize Theme Fonts in Design tab & Slide Master experience

You can set your own fonts in text boxes created as part of Slide Masters in a template. However, you can't set the default fonts for the template as a whole, as you can on Windows.

So, when someone using the template adds a new text box to a slide the font defaults to a different font (Calibri as standard).

On Windows, the option of 'Customise Fonts' is in the 'Fonts' dropdown on the Slide Master tab.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PowerPoint 2019 for Mac ISSUES - FLAWS - BUGS - Is there a way to overcome or fix them?

Feedback for PowerPoint 2019 version 16.23.1 (19032603) on macOS 10.12.6 (16G1918) Sierra, using powerful iMac: 27‑inch Retina 5K display, Intel Core i7 4.2 GHz, 40 GB RAM, Apple SSD SM2048L 2 TB (Samsung):

1.-All Microsoft Office applications should have the same interface, as much as possible. The current implementation is chaotic. Some examples are described below.

2. Cannot select discontinuous text in PowerPoint, as possible with Word. That is extremely useful to select and change many text selections at once.

1. Cannot change language of all slides in a presentation at once. That is useful if you make a presentation with many…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Better ribbon and toolbar and customization needed

The 'auto focus' of your toolbars and side panels is not intuitive at all to my workflow (it rarely focuses on the toolbar/bin i want for any given task, forcing me to wade every time through the ribbon or sidebar for each task).

The current method of toolbar customization (vr 15.26, mac) is tedious, buggy, and resists my attempts to build new toolbars. Rather than allow the user to customize the existing bins to work with the auto focus, PPT forces the user to create their own custom ribbon bins, and therefore build an entirely new set of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Custom Pane Setup

Have the ability to set any panes you want to be constantly available no matter what document you have open. Similar to workspaces in adobe programs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Custom Quick Access Toolbar to be placed below ribbon like in PC (with short keys)

PC QAT was a super efficient way to format slides and achieve uniformity across slides, presentations. It was placed right where one can simply click next to slide. Alternatively, one just had to memorize the custom shortkey (Alt+1, Alt +2 ...etc.)
    In Mac, the placement is odd, right at the top & needs too many clicks there to access options. Further, the shortcut keys require pressing 3 buttons to achieve what can be done by 2 simultaneous keys in PC.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please add ability to customize Apple Touch Bar for PPT. It would be great to be able to include forward and back arrows

Apple Touch Bar is now supported for PowerPoint, but there is no capability to customize the Touch Bar. We need this ability to fully exploit PowerPoint with Touch Bar, particularly when using it with the new Sidecar capability. Particularly useful would be the ability to include Forward and Backward keys on the Touch Bar so that a PowerPoint presentation could be advanced (from one slide to the next, or backward) by using the Touch Bar when the presentation is being shown on an iPad that is being used in Side Car mode.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Custom Text Highlight Color for PowerPoint Templates

It would be very useful to be able to customise the text highlight colours when creating a template file for a more cohesive 'on-brand' feel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow custom data labels for scatter plots

This has been a feature in the windows version for forever! I don't understand why it can't be added in mac. Seriously.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Use two adjacent letters for keystrokes to compress with one finger

If you put 2 adjacent keys into keystrokes it makes it possible for one finger to press two keys with one finger. Group command uses Option and Command and these are side by side and one finger can quickly compress them.

And allow users to make customs keystrokes to fit the special needs of the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add back "combine union intersect subtract" editing functions.

Please add back "combine union intersect subtract" functions - these are essential for creating custom shapes that are missing in the "Shapes" selection panel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add full language support for Czech

Many customers in Czech Republic would love to see full Czech language support = localized interface and grammar check. Both features are available in Office for Windows

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Full customizable keyboard shortcuts

Please allow us to customize keyboard shortcut or at a minimum set keyboard shortcuts for the quick access toolbar similar to the Windows version of powerpoint. Alt-1 etc. is very powerful once customized.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Neue Haas Grotesk Text Pro font family in mac recent versions of office?

I am using 16.33 Mac office version and this font doesn't appear on the office fonts list. Also in PowerPoint, I don't the customization font option available. Am I missing something?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow a custom style preset library for type and objects that include colors, gradients, effects etc.

I'd love to create a style set for a template that has more complex attributes and could be applied by clicking on it in a palete rather than having to do the "Copy Style" "Paste Style" from objects on other pages.

For instance, like 8 object styles that I'd reuse for a particualr client across multiple presentations. It woucl be great to be able to embed it in the template to make it easy for them to apply consitent styles more easily.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base