PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Vote for an existing idea (54)
  • or
  1. Add words to custom dictionary

DANGER - PowerPoint 2016 for Mac spell checker does not change custom dictionary to Add words!!!

The issue reported here was fixed:
    PowerPoint 2016 for Mac spell checker does not Add words to custom dictionary
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_powerpoint-mso_mac/powerpoint-2016-for-mac-spell-checker-does-not-add/42729402-f9c9-488b-9360-90b9129eb6be

But further to that, I have noticed that when "Tools - Spelling" to Add words, PowerPoint 2016 version 15.31.0 (170216) does not automatically select the correct custom dictionary in "Add words to". Word does it right, but PowerPoint fails as said.

This is particularly dangerous, since you may add words to the wrong custom dictionary, for instance when you work with English and…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable force-click in Word to access either dictionary like in other apps or to enable smart lookup

Enable force-click in office apps to access either dictionary, like in other apps, or to enable smart lookup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customize theme fonts

Please allow customizing of theme fonts in Powerpoint for Mac as it is available for PC.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom Video Export Sizes

How about the ability to export video at any custom size; such as square or portrait format for social media. That would be awesome as you could upload to instagram etc!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Active the Grow/Shrink animation and option to custom the size !!!

In Animation, allow user to custom the size of for Grow/Shrink animation features just like in Wondow version

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. better ribbon and toolbar and customization needed

The 'auto focus' of your toolbars and side panels is not intuitive at all to my workflow (it rarely focuses on the toolbar/bin i want for any given task, forcing me to wade every time through the ribbon or sidebar for each task).

The current method of toolbar customization (vr 15.26, mac) is tedious, buggy, and resists my attempts to build new toolbars. Rather than allow the user to customize the existing bins to work with the auto focus, PPT forces the user to create their own custom ribbon bins, and therefore build an entirely new set of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Custom Colors for Mac users

It is frustrating that some of the abilities on a PC PowerPoint version are not the same as on a Mac version. I would like to be able to create a Custom Colors section that appears under the Theme Colors palette. I understand this can be achieved on a PC but would like this available on a Mac please, please, please. Thank you.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The ability to customize the entire color palette

Would like the ability to customize the entire color palette. I would like to override the auto-generated tints and hues...

The autogenerated tints and hues never match the clients branding and create lots confusion.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Edit and Delete Custom Colors

When I create a custom palette and want to tweak one color and re-save, I have to create a new palette, so I just end up with multiple similar palettes which is not very helpful to remember which one is correct.

I'm newer to Powerpoint, but it seems in previous versions you had the ability to edit these palettes or delete them entirely. I'd like to go back to having that capability.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. You should be able to access the custom properties of a presentation using Applescript

As described at

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macpowerpoint/can-i-read-the-custom-document-properties-from-a/909e93c1-a978-4d4b-8d5a-4e0a024689df

You don't seem to be able to access the custom properties of a presentation from Applescript, whereas you can in Word and Excel. Seems that it should work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Customize color menu and tints generated from theme colors

I want to be able to define the shades/tints of the theme colors. Right now they are generated automatically and cannot be customized. As an alternative, I would like to be able to hide/remove these tints/shades from the drop-down color menu. They don't match my color palete and create confusion.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Full Quick Access Toolbar support for Office for Mac 2016

PC QAT is a boon and better than customizing PPT for Mac 11, now we have neither option. It would be great if the exported QAT files would work across MAC and PC but that is a minor issue compared to being able to create a QAT and move it under the ribbon like in the PC versions.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! You can now get this functionality via the Insider Fast update (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_insider-registration/announcing-the-first-ever-office-insider-fast/de603f73-3405-49d4-a6ee-d017773cb8a0). It will also be gradually deployed to the usual Insider channel and eventually get pushed to all users in a week or two.

Enjoy the feature, and please keep voting on what you’d like to see next. Thanks!

13. 16:9 format arrives on my Mac as 'Custom' format 33.85 x 19.05.

A PPT sent in16:9 format from a colleague (on a PC) it arrives on my Mac as 'Custom' format 33.85 x 19.05. This causes problems and resetting it to 16:9. results in layout and font distortions. What can I do?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Custom Quick Access Toolbar to be placed below ribbon like in PC (with short keys)

PC QAT was a super efficient way to format slides and achieve uniformity across slides, presentations. It was placed right where one can simply click next to slide. Alternatively, one just had to memorize the custom shortkey (Alt+1, Alt +2 ...etc.)
    In Mac, the placement is odd, right at the top & needs too many clicks there to access options. Further, the shortcut keys require pressing 3 buttons to achieve what can be done by 2 simultaneous keys in PC.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Custom Text Highlight Colour

It would be very useful to be able to customise the text highlight colours when creating a template file for a more cohesive 'on-brand' feel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Custom version of the font

自定义母版字体

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Edit Variants in Custom themes

I would like to be able to create variants in a corporate customised template. The presentation will represe

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow custom data labels for scatter plots

This has been a feature in the windows version for forever! I don't understand why it can't be added in mac. Seriously.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Full customizable keyboard shortcuts

Please allow us to customize keyboard shortcut or at a minimum set keyboard shortcuts for the quick access toolbar similar to the Windows version of powerpoint. Alt-1 etc. is very powerful once customized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom the text themes on PPT 2016 for Mac

On ppt 2016 for mac is not possible to customise the fonts of the themes, which is available for windows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base