PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. lock shape or text in the slide, to stop by mistake moving.

the selection in the ppt is smart, but sometimes we move things not like to move it, so i suggest to add option in the drawing tools can make a shape or text box locked to move

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. NDI output support for PowerPoint

I'd like to recommend a feature to be added to the PowerPoint application. NDI is a high quality, low latency professional video IP format that I think would be a good addition to this application. I would allow you to share the output of PowerPoint on other peoples computer using a free NDI Monitor application or send the output into professional video production solutions.

The Skype team at Microsoft has added NewTek NDI support into their product. PowerPoint would be the next product that I think should be enhanced with this royalty free technology. You can learn more about NDI…

470 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

125 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In power point 2016 at video recording mode only the presenter's audio option has available.

Enable the audio as well as the video option during the recording of the slides as in video format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel Graphs Change Size After Pasted as Link into PowerPoint

When pasting Excel graphs into PowerPoint as a linked object, the Excel graph will shrink to 50% size or grow to 150% size if any change is made to the Excel file it is linked to (in our experience, the object shrinks ~90% of the time). The dimensions of the object change in PowerPoint, but the scaling remains at 100%. In order to return the linked graph to the correct size as created in Excel, all Excel worksheets need to be closed and the 'Update Link' needs to be selected after right clicking on the graph. The linked graph will…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to customize Powerpoint colors. I'm Color Blind and cannot see which slide is selected in the thumbnails in Dark Mode.

I'm Color Blind and I cannot easily see which slide is selected in the thumbnails when using the Dark Mode. The Dark mode is usually better for my eyes.
    We could have an option to change that color (that I don't know - I think green), or an option to increase the thickness of that borderline around the thumbnails.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve the Linked Files Interface

The edit Links to Files dialogue box needs a refresh.
    1) you cannot even scroll left right and successfully get the often very long file path displayed; identifying the right file when trying to update charts in ppt is not easily possible. Recommendation: fix the display of the content in this window that the information gets actually shown. Also useful would be the possibility to resize this window to be able to avoid scrolling at all.
    2) add a reference to the object in this "Links" window, so you know what object on what slide is linked. A little preview…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to make a reccomondation here. It would be helpful for beginers if a manual is provided on how to work with powerpoint.

A manual which is of few pages on how to access the basic features would come handy for beginners.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring back the option to move points in a chart manually

There used to be the ability to pick up points within an embedded line chart and move them to approximately the right position - this would generate the data in the data sheet - this was so useful when recreating charts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Number for Effect < Stop Playing < Effect Tab, menu Effect options, animation pane is not saved

To resolve issue of slow transition in video from PPT, number of slides should be 1 in the field Effect < Stop Playing < Effect Tab, menu Effect options, animation pane for a video or an audio inserted in the slide. But the number 1 entered in the field is not kept after saving the PPT. Meaning you have to maintain this number on all slides with video and audio.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. optional

have more options when you post a picture for the PowerPoint so we will have more inspirations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make arrow-lines default to horrizontal, and user can edit.

Have the "arrow-lines" (lines with arrows) snap to horizontal and possibly also vetical if you move it like that is what you will want. User can move them in between if they want an angel but that is not all that often. They are difficult to get perfectly horizontal the smaller the arrow-lines. 80% of people want them horizontal, 15% vetical and 5% in between, I would estmate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Could we bring in more complex charts?

Addition of more charts aside from what's already on board,
    such as: Chord Chart, Sankey Chart, Spiral Graph, Windrose and Arc Diagram
    And an abstracft analogies ribbon full of content for different types of layouts - to be in on par with competition such as infograpia

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. My sugestion is to do a place that you can change the size of the number for the hole text not for one paragraf

My suggestion is to do a place that you can change the size of the number for the whole text not for one paragraph

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. WORD MOSAIC TILES IN CUSTOM GEOMETRY

I HAVE FEWW KEY WORDS WHICH I WANT TO REPRESENT IN MOSAIC FORMAT, MANY ONLINE APPLICATIONS DO THE JOB WHICH I CAN EXPORT AS IMAGE FORMAT.

IF I GET THE FEATURE IN POWERPOINT I CAN UPDATE IT ANY TIME. AND ALSO I CAN UPDATE IN ANY GEOMETRY THEMES

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ppt show problem

Open the PPT file and click the projection to show normally, but after clicking the text edit box, even if there is no input, click to show the movie and it will not show normally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. custom & eye-dropper highlight color options

Custom and eye-dropper colors for highlighter colors. Please allow full-range RGB/HEX color scales with shading for highlighter colors.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Nicer defaults for chart styles

The currently recommended defaults for chart styles are very crazy-looking and unlikely to be better than what the average user designs. It would be nice to create professional-quality chart templates so users can avoid having to fiddle with settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Connector : Elbow arow / Elbow line

It is apsurd to not be able to easily ad add arows with multiple turns, while preserving ''conection point restriction'' (O - snap like function)….

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base