PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. NDI output support for PowerPoint

I'd like to recommend a feature to be added to the PowerPoint application. NDI is a high quality, low latency professional video IP format that I think would be a good addition to this application. I would allow you to share the output of PowerPoint on other peoples computer using a free NDI Monitor application or send the output into professional video production solutions.

The Skype team at Microsoft has added NewTek NDI support into their product. PowerPoint would be the next product that I think should be enhanced with this royalty free technology. You can learn more about NDI…

501 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

125 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dark theme

Can I have a dark theme

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In power point 2016 at video recording mode only the presenter's audio option has available.

Enable the audio as well as the video option during the recording of the slides as in video format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want to suggest to have a Paintbrush features in Power Point for your next update

This is a new features that i wanted to use everytime i wanted to create a document in power point to have a better presentation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want this PowerPoint to support video download

PowerPoint for windows to allow video downloads from You tube.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. transparent backgrounds (with 100 % transparency)without any color in powerpoint.

can we have an additional option of transparent backgrounds(with 100 % transparency) in powerpoint. this effect will be very usefull in educational content development. and this will unlock new field of developments and usages of microsoft powerpoint in education sector and filming , video recording.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In Power point slide , when I m writing in pen, that is not smooth writing it appears in microsoft whiteboard thats very good,In PPT breaks

In Power point slide , when I m writing in pen, that is not smooth writing it appears in microsoft whiteboard thats very good,In PPT breaks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Excel Graphs Change Size After Pasted as Link into PowerPoint

When pasting Excel graphs into PowerPoint as a linked object, the Excel graph will shrink to 50% size or grow to 150% size if any change is made to the Excel file it is linked to (in our experience, the object shrinks ~90% of the time). The dimensions of the object change in PowerPoint, but the scaling remains at 100%. In order to return the linked graph to the correct size as created in Excel, all Excel worksheets need to be closed and the 'Update Link' needs to be selected after right clicking on the graph. The linked graph will…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to customize Powerpoint colors. I'm Color Blind and cannot see which slide is selected in the thumbnails in Dark Mode.

I'm Color Blind and I cannot easily see which slide is selected in the thumbnails when using the Dark Mode. The Dark mode is usually better for my eyes.
    We could have an option to change that color (that I don't know - I think green), or an option to increase the thickness of that borderline around the thumbnails.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Color scheme for smart art

For the smart art, there are various color choice. But I think there is still far from enough and more can be provided.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to make a reccomondation here. It would be helpful for beginers if a manual is provided on how to work with powerpoint.

A manual which is of few pages on how to access the basic features would come handy for beginners.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve the Linked Files Interface

The edit Links to Files dialogue box needs a refresh.
    1) you cannot even scroll left right and successfully get the often very long file path displayed; identifying the right file when trying to update charts in ppt is not easily possible. Recommendation: fix the display of the content in this window that the information gets actually shown. Also useful would be the possibility to resize this window to be able to avoid scrolling at all.
    2) add a reference to the object in this "Links" window, so you know what object on what slide is linked. A little preview…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improving the edit option for table design in powerpoint

Powerpoint's interface is really suitable for decorating tables, but the edit we can do to the table is very limited.

1) The table template is quite old-fashioned, it would be great if PowerPoint can provide table design template that is more up to the current aesthetic

2) While some would like their table looks more 3D, shading is a better tool comparing to emboss to make the 3D appear more natural. However, it is not possible to do different shading to the cell alone, the current version ppt only allows to do shading for the whole table and I find…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Quickly transform my PPT to match my company template (colors, text font family, slide master)

I would like PPT to have a format and align functionality. Pressing format and align will transform the PPT to the companies colors etc and align the pictures for a smooth transition.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Incluir la opción cambiar fuente de vínculos externos de forma centralizada. Si todos los vínculos pertenecen a un mismo archivo externo.

Incluir la opción cambiar fuente de vínculos externos de forma centralizada, si todos los vínculos pertenecen a un mismo archivo externo. Me explico, todos los meses tengo que actualizar una ppt vinculada a un excel que conserva el mismo formato pero cada mes incluye un mes más de datos y va cambiando de nombre. Actualmente tengo que "Editar vínculos a archivos" e ir cambiando la fuente uno a uno. Esto es absurdo! En excel no tenemos ese inconveniente, podemos cambiar la fuente a otro excel de forma centralizada sin ir objeto por objeto.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. can you do voice translations?

were you talk and it writes what you say

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Insert-chart map function does not include Taiwan, could you please check and add

Insert-chart map function does not include Taiwan, could you please check and add, it should be showing up as part of China.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base