PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Improved inking experience within slides

Inking in PowerPoint is an incredibly important tool for capturing feedback and marking up slides (way more effective than a laser pointer). Ink is a very important way to engage with an audience. However, the in-slide ink experience is very poor generally and needs improvements such as:

1. Effective palm rejection - accidental touch pen artifacts and unexpected slide advances are common when presenting with touch and pen.

2. More Colors: In PowerPoint 2007 you could select from a large set of colors in the pen palette while presenting. The current limited set appeared in PP2010 and has not changed since.

3. Changing…

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. lock shape or text in the slide, to stop by mistake moving.

the selection in the ppt is smart, but sometimes we move things not like to move it, so i suggest to add option in the drawing tools can make a shape or text box locked to move

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Slide notes layout gets messed up when switching from local to web and vice versa

Hi everyone,

Since we moved to Office 365, we've had issues with speaker notes (or slide notes). Because people work in collaboration on PPT documents, they don't always use the same app: web, local, mobile.

What we've observed is that if someone starts slide notes in local, and then opens the PPT in the web (or vice versa), the layout of the slide notes becomes unmanageable, and unprintable. Since those notes are usually for higher management, it becomes difficult for my team to provide them with clean, well-printed speaker notes.

The only way we found that works is to use…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Presenter View – Automatically extend the arrow display to the Audience Screen, when the arrow is over the current slide of Presenter View.

Presenter View – Automatically extend the PPT arrow display to the Audience Screen, when the arrow is over the current slide of Presenter View. Speakers using Presenter View often have to look behind them to see where their mouse pointer is on the Audience Screen. This is very distracting to the audience and causes the speaker to lose track of where they are in their presentation.

There is an option to turn on the laser pointer, which extends from the Presenter View to the Audience Screen, but speakers often forget to turn this feature on or forget to turn it…

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Morph Transition Animation

Create a Morph Animation which looks at the position of an object on a prior slide and moves only that object individual within traditionally established animation sequences (instead of being bound to slide transition).

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rich text formatting of Notes Pane should be visible in Normal View and Presenter View as well.

It would be nice to have richtext formatting also visible in the Notes pane in the Normal view. There actually are context-sensitive options to highlight text, change font size, use colors, but it is only visible in the Notes Page view. Currently, it is only bold and italic that is displayed in the Normal View.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. NDI output support for PowerPoint

I'd like to recommend a feature to be added to the PowerPoint application. NDI is a high quality, low latency professional video IP format that I think would be a good addition to this application. I would allow you to share the output of PowerPoint on other peoples computer using a free NDI Monitor application or send the output into professional video production solutions.

The Skype team at Microsoft has added NewTek NDI support into their product. PowerPoint would be the next product that I think should be enhanced with this royalty free technology. You can learn more about NDI…

417 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

115 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Clipart

in Powerpoint 2010 we could use Clipart and customize it to include company graphics, which were indexed and thus searchable via keywrds.
    That allowed our users to create a presentation with our company's concepts and graphics.
    Starting in PowerPoint 2013 this option was removed, and replaced by 2 options:
    1. The Bing online search for images and clip-arts (which searches for generally available graphics on the Internet)
    2. Connect to the user's OneDrive and add files from there. (which are personal user files)
    Both of these options do not deliver what we need, which is a centrally managed (add /…

381 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1111 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. COVID-19 URGENT NEED. Offer NDI support for alternate output for streaming

Offer an NDI only output option with or without presentation mode, to reduce latency when using WiFi and live streaming where a local monitor is not needed. This will help a lot of schools, and other organizations who are jumping into streaming as a measure to alleviate the impact of quarantine. Many because of high cost are using devices which tax graphics power over their limits.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Configuring how total number of slides is displayed on slides (ex. 1 of 10)

PowerPoint allows me to insert slide numbers. I'd like to be able to have it worded as "2 (of 12)", "3 (of 12)", etc.

Feature variations:
    - #
    - # of #
    - slide # of #

Ability to not show count on hidden slides.

1,507 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

527 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Embed video search from Microsoft Stream

You should be able to search and pick the video you need from a window inside PowerPoint. Find your video a get the option if this should be a link or embedded "compressed" into the PowerPoint.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automatic Video compression

Let PowerPoint automatically compressed video, have it as an option in save that all video (images) are automatically compressed. Employees always forget to compressed videos. By having it automatically compress video (and images) it will help OneDrive and Sharepoint to save disk space and help with sync problems.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enhance Reuse Slides for PowerPoint 365

The Reuse Slides feature is really useful in light of its integration with OneDrive and SharePoint for 365, but the lack of the following features is incredibly frustrating and renders it rather unhelpful:

1. Select All Slides

2. Select Slides in a Section

3. Select Multiple Slides

Would love to see these features incorporated.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pen strokes lag on external display in Presentation View when writing on slides in the Presenters View

This is more of a bug than a feature request, but I was directed here by Microsoft support – they said this bug is “by design”, but I don’t think it really is…

For the initial discussion, see here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/pen-lags-on-external-display-presenting-powerpoint/720337ef-30d4-4fcd-87b1-254f708e1246

To summarize it again: When I show PowerPoint slides with my computer connected to an external display, I can write on the Presenter View's slide – the strokes are smooth and the pixels appear “on-the-fly” on the slide where I write them. However, in the Presentation View, the pen writing lags behind: it only shows up in the Presentation View…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [Custom slide show] cannot be named./[目的別スライドショー] に名前を付けられない

We would like to put our original name for a new slide show.
    Once we create a new slide show according to the following procedure, the name will not be changed as instructed and will be saved as [Custom Shows 1] [Custom Shows 2] [Custom Shows 3].
    Once saved, go to [Edit], clear the [Slide show name] box and enter a name to change it to the desired name.
    Instead of renaming this way, please be able to name it from [New].

title : Create a basic custom show

URL : https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-and-present-a-custom-show-09d4d340-3c47-4125-b177-0de3be462c5d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

以下の手順で目的別スライドショーを新規作成すると名前が変更されず [目的別スライド ショー 1] [目的別スライド ショー 2] [目的別スライド ショー 3]で保存されてしまう。
    一度保存後に [編集] から、[スライド ショーの名前]…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make "No outline" the default for shapes

The current default, when adding shapes is same color outline. Most of us have to either reshape and make it as default shape, but we need to apply it to each presentation.
    Let "No outline" be the default.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to convert powerpoint presentation to SCORM compliant file

Why not have a feature that lets users to export or save the PowerPoint file as a SCORM compliant file?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to customize Powerpoint colors. I'm Color Blind and cannot see which slide is selected in the thumbnails in Dark Mode.

I'm Color Blind and I cannot easily see which slide is selected in the thumbnails when using the Dark Mode. The Dark mode is usually better for my eyes.
    We could have an option to change that color (that I don't know - I think green), or an option to increase the thickness of that borderline around the thumbnails.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Excel Graphs Change Size After Pasted as Link into PowerPoint

When pasting Excel graphs into PowerPoint as a linked object, the Excel graph will shrink to 50% size or grow to 150% size if any change is made to the Excel file it is linked to (in our experience, the object shrinks ~90% of the time). The dimensions of the object change in PowerPoint, but the scaling remains at 100%. In order to return the linked graph to the correct size as created in Excel, all Excel worksheets need to be closed and the 'Update Link' needs to be selected after right clicking on the graph. The linked graph will…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More configuration options for Subtitles (Live Closed Captioning)

My church loves using the new live closed captioning / subtitles, especially for when the pastor is giving their sermon. We've tried it for a few weeks now and have a few enhancement suggestions.

1. Allow the text to be larger than the max of 200% that is currently there

2. Allow the ability to show more lines than 2. Preferably, something that could take up the entire screen.

3. When the pastor talks quickly, it is really hard for people to speed read. It would be great if there was a way we could slow down the closed captioning even if its…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 113 114
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base