PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Permanent display of media file running/remain times.

I have PowerPoint presentations which use audio on almost every slide. It would be very useful to be able to display the running/remain time for media files, either in presenter view or slideshow. In normal view, hovering over the loudspeaker icon brings up a temporary bar graph display but I would love to have something like that (either graphic or in figures) on screen in actual use.

Thank you.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Microsoft Forms add-in for PowerPoint a true add-in (that can be deployed) so users can use it without having access to the store

Currently Microsoft forms for PowerPoint is not an add-in as such, and therefore if your office tenant has "users can access the store" turned off it does not work. Most add-ins are admin deploy-able which is a workaround that is suitable for most add-ins. However, this is not an add-in so cannot be used.

Context: Schools!

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back copy comments feature when copying slides

It is much easier to delete the comments from a copied slide than to recreate all the comments when trying to combine two presentations into one.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PowerPoint Games

Many people's dream is to create games and knowing how to program is often not so easy. The way out for many people (including me) is to create a simple Powerpoint game. Nowadays this is almost a reality, but PowerPoiunt needs minor adjustments to make it perfect (some of these adjustments are not limited to just creating games):

• Iframe in the web version for PPSX files could have an option to not show the control buttons at the bottom of the screen. The click of the mouse would be at the discretion of just how the user chose (for example,…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow the creation of table templates

Provide the ability to create a table template which supports fixed/assigned elements by column or row which would replicate automatically when adding respective rows or columns to a PowerPoint table. Allow other other elements to be unique to the row. As an example, for each new row, carry down some element of the table (i.e. "minutes") while providing a separate column which contains the number of minutes and can vary by row. Each new row would include "minutes" in the correct column automatically.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improved inking experience within slides

Inking in PowerPoint is an incredibly important tool for capturing feedback and marking up slides (way more effective than a laser pointer). Ink is a very important way to engage with an audience. However, the in-slide ink experience is very poor generally and needs improvements such as:

1. Effective palm rejection - accidental touch pen artifacts and unexpected slide advances are common when presenting with touch and pen.

2. More Colors: In PowerPoint 2007 you could select from a large set of colors in the pen palette while presenting. The current limited set appeared in PP2010 and has not changed since.

3. Changing…

392 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Better alignment function

PPT needs an alignment function similar to what is found in Adobe Illustrator, i.e. when aligning two or more objects, you can decide which one is the anchor point that the rest should be aligned to.

E.g. Imagine I want to align my text box to a shape. Currently, PPT randomly brings the two together. But what if I want the shape position to stay intact and move my text into that shape, currently impossible. In Illustrator you simply choose both objects, then while the two are highlighted you can click on either one of the objects to define it…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Triangle shape with rounded corners

It's so hard to manually make a triangle with rounded corners.
    We already have rectangles with rounded corners, why not have rounded corners for the other shapes as well?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Compress all embedded TIFF, BMP, EMF etc. images to PNG or JPG

When users copy and paste images into PowerPoint, e.g. from screenshots, these are inserted into the file as uncompressed .TIFFs. Add a few of these, and the file size starts going way up, but the average user will not realise why. Sometimes users will insert bitmap format files such as EMF, BMP into presentations, not knowing that these could have been reduced in size by converting to a different format.

Currently, the Compress Images tool (in Picture Format tab, or in the Save As dialog) doesn't dabble in formats. It only reduces file size where the image has been cropped…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show Notes with the Record Slide Show feature

Currently, when using the Record Slide Show feature in the Slide Show tab of PowerPoint, there's no way to show the presenter Notes. Please add the option to show presenter Notes when Recording a Slide Show. Thank you.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring back timeout in kiosk mode

At one time, PowerPoint did something quite useful for kiosk applications:

If nobody touched the keyboard/mouse/whatever for XX seconds, the presentation would automatically hop back to the first slide.
    In other words, it'd automatically reset itself for the next person who viewed the kiosk.
    I don't remember when this disappeared, but it'd sure be a useful thing to bring back.

How about an option in the Slideshow setup dialog:

Reset after: [textbox] seconds

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Moving Animation "Animation Pane"

I’d like to suggest a really small idea but it’s really handy.
    I’m designing a really complex slides using PowerPoint, with more than 200 animation per slide. So, sometimes I need to add something I’ve already forgot.
    So, in order to put it in the right place I need to click and hold the animation all the way up till I reach it right place “in animation pane” so my idea is:
    “how about to add moving the animation using numbers”
    For example: when I opening animation pane, right click on the animation then it really will be very nice…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add support for Webp

I just want a animated image format that have transparent background. Webp is one of them and It's very good. It can make my presentation have more interest and may improve performance in complex animated slides.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. YouTube caption set automatically in PowerPoint

I am using an online YouTube video in my presentation. Looking forward if there is an automatic setting for the caption in PowerPoint.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Placeholders Should Not Pop to the Front

On a slide master or layout, place a logo or other static content over top of a placeholder. Now make a slide from it and fill the placeholder. The placeholder is now on top of the logo. That's wrong. This is a long-standing design flaw that needs to be fixed.
    This suggestion is not the same as the idea of adding layers to the slides, please do not amalgamate this with that idea.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support different size slides in a single PPT file

When you customize the size of the slides, the setting will be applied to all slides in a file. But I would like to use different sizes of slides in a single PPT file. Please support using different aspect ratio slides in a single presentation!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A button to turn all text in a presentation into a vector shape or image

As embedding fonts is temperamental (e.g. doesn't usually work on Macs, some fonts don't allow embedding etc.), when you're using a custom font it would be great to be able to press a button and turn all of the text in the presentation to vector shape (ideally) or an image.

This way you can save out a version with editable text if you want to make edits in the future, but you can easily have a version ready to send to anyone in the knowledge that they will see the fonts as you see them.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 'Present' to Skype/Teams/Zoom

When running a teleconference, it would be great if I could share my presentation in presenter view - treating the Web like an external projector. I know with Zoom I can select which window gets shared, but it's not foolproof.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make it so that you can just play a video within powerpoint

Example: I get to the last slide and it has video link. instead Powerpoint could find the video then play the video when you click a play button

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 135 136
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base