PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. NDI output support for PowerPoint

I'd like to recommend a feature to be added to the PowerPoint application. NDI is a high quality, low latency professional video IP format that I think would be a good addition to this application. I would allow you to share the output of PowerPoint on other peoples computer using a free NDI Monitor application or send the output into professional video production solutions.

The Skype team at Microsoft has added NewTek NDI support into their product. PowerPoint would be the next product that I think should be enhanced with this royalty free technology. You can learn more about NDI…

281 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

69 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clipart

in Powerpoint 2010 we could use Clipart and customize it to include company graphics, which were indexed and thus searchable via keywrds.
    That allowed our users to create a presentation with our company's concepts and graphics.
    Starting in PowerPoint 2013 this option was removed, and replaced by 2 options:
    1. The Bing online search for images and clip-arts (which searches for generally available graphics on the Internet)
    2. Connect to the user's OneDrive and add files from there. (which are personal user files)
    Both of these options do not deliver what we need, which is a centrally managed (add /…

235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

680 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically show the total number of slides

PowerPoint allows me to insert slide numbers. I'd like to be able to have it worded as "2 (of 12)", "3 (of 12)", etc.

792 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

312 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pen strokes lag on external display in Presentation View when writing on slides in the Presenters View

This is more of a bug than a feature request, but I was directed here by Microsoft support – they said this bug is “by design”, but I don’t think it really is…

For the initial discussion, see here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/pen-lags-on-external-display-presenting-powerpoint/720337ef-30d4-4fcd-87b1-254f708e1246

To summarize it again: When I show PowerPoint slides with my computer connected to an external display, I can write on the Presenter View's slide – the strokes are smooth and the pixels appear “on-the-fly” on the slide where I write them. However, in the Presentation View, the pen writing lags behind: it only shows up in the Presentation View…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PowerPoint version for Designers

I would LOVE to see a leveled-up version of PowerPoint for presentation designers that gave us control over all of the things we can't control in the standard version of PPT. Something where we could create a design system and the output would be a standard PPT template. Can we have that please?

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve it.

Improving

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Half arrow, 'tee' arrow, and combined half arrow with 'tee'

There exists a modeling language called bond graphs where 'elements' are connected by power bond which are depicted as lines with half arrows on one end. Also, there is a 'causal' stroke added to either end of the power bond line. This causal stroke is a short vertical line, perpendicular to the bond line (let's call it a 'tee' end). It would be extremely useful to have three more arrow style options: 1) half arrow, 2) half arrow with tee at tip of arrow, and 3) 'tee' arrow head

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a SIMPLE "paste as text" keyboard shortcut.

I just saw the most ridiculous shortcut reference for "paste as text only" in PowerPoint: Alt, H, V, S, Up Arrow, Enter.

That up arrow part doesn't work, but wow, so many fingers. Then I found that hitting CTRL and then T after CTRL+V works. Better, but seriously, why is there no one-shot key command for paste as text in this day and age?

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Notes Panel should be at right or allow to change position

There is no reason to keep "Notes Panel" at slide bottom, nowdays almost everyone has a wide screen, the current position is uncomfortable for editing.
    This panel should be at right or allow to change position.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. custom & eye-dropper highlight color options

Custom and eye-dropper colors for highlighter colors. Please allow full-range RGB/HEX color scales with shading for highlighter colors.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Insert Slide within the ... option of the touch interface buttons

Currently when using a touchscreen with Powerpoint you can jump to a blackboard or whiteboard, but when you come out of this, as far as I can see the information is lost!! Either: Retain this information as a slide, or as some third party apps do (Smarttech) they allow the insertion of a new slide on the fly, where you can annotate ideas. This can then be saved as part of the presentation. This is a big miss at the moment

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unit of Measurement Options

It would be awesome if the base application spacing weren't restricted to Inches / Centimeters. There should be an option to set the baseline unit of measurement to pixel-based formats.

This would extend to things such as slide padding, grid density, item formatting options (border thickness, padding, margin). PowerPoint has the potential to be an amazing wireframing tool, but without the inherent support for app-based layouts, it makes it difficult to explore more robust ideas.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Introduce the concept of layers to Powerpoint Templates

As the title says, Microsoft should introduce the concept of content layers, particularly for the Templates, with a minimum of 3 layers: background, content, foreground! It is currentlyimpossible, for example, to have page numbers, or logos, or whatever, that are part of the template to allways show on top, simply because the regular content (entered by the user in the actual slides) will always be "above" the template content... In all honesty, this is pretty silly and severily limiting any real template design.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support for Newtek NDI as Display Outputs

NDI - Network Device Interface
    Is a cross platform royalty free Video Over IP technology. Predominantly used in Broadcast and Webcast type events but gaining popularity in other areas such as Digital Signage.
    Any computer can be an NDI Receiver so you can show presentation on many displays on a network.
    You can by dedicated NDI Receivers
    Ideally we would have the option to send PresenterView and PresentationView as separate NDI Sources.

https://www.newtek.com/ndi/

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Properly tag Speaker's Notes when exporting PDF

Currently, if you export a PDF without speaker notes, it tags properly (so it can be read by a screen reader).

However, if you try to include speaker notes, they are not tagged. This is recognized as an issue by the HHS and others, and should be fixed.

https://www.hhs.gov/web/section-508/making-files-accessible/pdf-required/index.html.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Skeletal animation

Add a feature that will allow you to move the pivot point of a shape anywhere by dragging it. This will make skeletal animation possible.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Excel allows you to Snap to Grid for a selected object using the Align drop down. Sure would be nice if PowerPoint offered that instead of

Excel allows you to Snap to Grid and Snap to Shape for a selected object using the Align drop down.

Sure would be nice if PowerPoint offered that instead of having to turn on/off universal Snap to Grid.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Save subtitles / captions in a file

The new Captions/Subtitles is great but it would be much better if the subtitles/captions will be savable in a file.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Request that PPT 'last slide viewed' hyperlinks get converted properly when making PDFs.

The 'last slide viewed (LSV)' hyperlink functionality in powerpoint is a fantastic capability. However, when you save the powerpoint containing LSV links as a PDF, the LSV links drop out. I don't believe that it would be an incredibly difficult fix/update to make, but would tremendously improve the functionality of the powerpoint product.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 100 101
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Feedback and Knowledge Base