PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Increase the diversity of 3d models (people)

The 3D Stock models of people in PowerPoint are predominantly of white origin and this needs to be addressed to give greater representation to models of other diverse ethnicities and backgrounds.

There are also NO 3D stock models of disabled people and this also needs to be addressed.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Microsoft Forms add-in for PowerPoint a true add-in (that can be deployed) so users can use it without having access to the store

Currently Microsoft forms for PowerPoint is not an add-in as such, and therefore if your office tenant has "users can access the store" turned off it does not work. Most add-ins are admin deploy-able which is a workaround that is suitable for most add-ins. However, this is not an add-in so cannot be used.

Context: Schools!

160 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Permanent display of media file running/remain times.

I have PowerPoint presentations which use audio on almost every slide. It would be very useful to be able to display the running/remain time for media files, either in presenter view or slideshow. In normal view, hovering over the loudspeaker icon brings up a temporary bar graph display but I would love to have something like that (either graphic or in figures) on screen in actual use.

Thank you.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Link dublicated slides and update content automatically (in different presentations)

It would be so beneficial to have the possibility to link and (real-time) synchronize the same slide in different presentations. Thus, when you update the content of this slide in one presentation it automatically updates this exact slide in all linked presentations.

Especially when you have the same slides in several presentation within a company this might help to maintain data consistency.
    This will save a lot of effort and avoid cross-checking as well as enable you to have a single source of truth.

Maybe offering a “copy and paste” feature, being able to choose either to link the slides…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back copy comments feature when copying slides

It is much easier to delete the comments from a copied slide than to recreate all the comments when trying to combine two presentations into one.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. recurring/linked text boxes (bookmark or linked field?)

I'm sometimes called on to create reports in PPT. If useful, those reports may get replicated for another dept, or may turn into something that is updated monthly.

There are often pieces of information that are repeated across multiple (but not all) slides. Manual updating of every textbox (that should all have the same content) is tedious, and when there are dozens or even hundreds of slides, sometimes something gets missed due to human error. The ideal solution would be some way to 'enter once, update all' to ensure that these text boxes all get updated correctly.

I'm in an…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Triangle shape with rounded corners

It's so hard to manually make a triangle with rounded corners.
    We already have rectangles with rounded corners, why not have rounded corners for the other shapes as well?

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. LineFormat color gradient COM API

Lines can have color gradients in PowerPoint, but that setting is only available interactively (in the user interface). The LineFormat COM object does not offer this option, and I couldn't find any other COM API for that purpose.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/powerpoint.lineformat

What makes things worse: Lines that have a color gradient do not accept the setting of any new, solid color, i.e., not only is it impossible to set the line color gradient via COM, it is also impossible to get rid of it. But there's more: When trying to set a solid color on a line that has color gradient, the…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow the creation of table templates

Provide the ability to create a table template which supports fixed/assigned elements by column or row which would replicate automatically when adding respective rows or columns to a PowerPoint table. Allow other other elements to be unique to the row. As an example, for each new row, carry down some element of the table (i.e. "minutes") while providing a separate column which contains the number of minutes and can vary by row. Each new row would include "minutes" in the correct column automatically.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. LineFormat Cap Type COM API

Lines can have different cap types ("Square", "Round", "Flat") in PowerPoint, but that setting is only available interactively (in the user interface). The LineFormat COM object does not offer this option, and I couldn't find any other COM API for that purpose.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/powerpoint.lineformat

What makes things worse: Some dash styles like Office::msoLineSquareDot and Office::msoLineRoundDot implicitly change the cap type. When the dash style is changed again, the cap type sticks but for the programmer there is now way to tell its current state.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable Reuse Slides for O365 PowerPoint Government GCC

When trying to use the feature "Reuse Slides" on the Home tab in PowerPoint O365, we receive the message "Sorry, Tap is not available in your region. It will come shortly."
    We would like to request that Microsoft enable "Reuse Slides" for O365 PowerPoint Government GCC. We have an organization of 70,000 users.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PowerPoint Games

Many people's dream is to create games and knowing how to program is often not so easy. The way out for many people (including me) is to create a simple Powerpoint game. Nowadays this is almost a reality, but PowerPoiunt needs minor adjustments to make it perfect (some of these adjustments are not limited to just creating games):

• Iframe in the web version for PPSX files could have an option to not show the control buttons at the bottom of the screen. The click of the mouse would be at the discretion of just how the user chose (for example,…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Better alignment function

PPT needs an alignment function similar to what is found in Adobe Illustrator, i.e. when aligning two or more objects, you can decide which one is the anchor point that the rest should be aligned to.

E.g. Imagine I want to align my text box to a shape. Currently, PPT randomly brings the two together. But what if I want the shape position to stay intact and move my text into that shape, currently impossible. In Illustrator you simply choose both objects, then while the two are highlighted you can click on either one of the objects to define it…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add support for Webp

I just want a animated image format that have transparent background. Webp is one of them and It's very good. It can make my presentation have more interest and may improve performance in complex animated slides.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. graph paper background.

If I had it, I could create more accurate pages for design layout reflecting realworld measurements. As an example. I am working on a project to design a property for a non-profit, where building dimensions set in lot dimensions need to be accurately reflected. It's hard to create facilities when I am guessing at the footprint of buildings on exactly sized land. With graph paper, real paper, and/or a ruler and protractor, I can make drawings reflect space...why can't this program have a graph paper background setting so I can do the same? I did see a ruler option, but…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Compress all embedded TIFF, BMP, EMF etc. images to PNG or JPG

When users copy and paste images into PowerPoint, e.g. from screenshots, these are inserted into the file as uncompressed .TIFFs. Add a few of these, and the file size starts going way up, but the average user will not realise why. Sometimes users will insert bitmap format files such as EMF, BMP into presentations, not knowing that these could have been reduced in size by converting to a different format.

Currently, the Compress Images tool (in Picture Format tab, or in the Save As dialog) doesn't dabble in formats. It only reduces file size where the image has been cropped…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow users to specify the default smart quotes to be used by PowerPoint independently from the proofing language

Currently, if you specify in PowerPoint "Replace as you type Straight Quotes with Smart Quotes", the application selects the quotes according to the proofing language. For example, it uses guillemets for Italian, French or German. However, in those languages, are also used curly double quotes and several publishers require to use “...” instead of «...», also in those languages. So, the user should be able to select in which quotes the straight ones have to be converted document by document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show Notes with the Record Slide Show feature

Currently, when using the Record Slide Show feature in the Slide Show tab of PowerPoint, there's no way to show the presenter Notes. Please add the option to show presenter Notes when Recording a Slide Show. Thank you.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it possible for users to preserve subtitles in embedded videos when exporting a powerpoint presentation to video

When exporting a powerpoint to .mp4 or .wav, it would be extremely helpful to have the ability to preserve subtitles in embedded videos. Saving a powerpoint as a .ppsx is a decent workaround but it does not help when creating a video to air on a local television station. I added subtitles in all my embedded videos - it took several hours - and they disappeared when I exported the powerpoint to video. I do not have the time to recreate all the subtitle files - it would save immense amounts of time to just have the subtitles there in…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improved inking experience within slides

Inking in PowerPoint is an incredibly important tool for capturing feedback and marking up slides (way more effective than a laser pointer). Ink is a very important way to engage with an audience. However, the in-slide ink experience is very poor generally and needs improvements such as:

1. Effective palm rejection - accidental touch pen artifacts and unexpected slide advances are common when presenting with touch and pen.

2. More Colors: In PowerPoint 2007 you could select from a large set of colors in the pen palette while presenting. The current limited set appeared in PP2010 and has not changed since.

3. Changing…

412 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 149 150
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base