PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. new slide - intelligent content / wizzard

rather than having to pick a slide from a template, 'New slide' asks what content you want, check-box style for common elements (H1, H2, H3, H4, Image, List, Video) and then apply template based on content rather than apply content to template. Eg, I want to add a video so the slide copies the attributes from all my other video slides. Intelligently asks what i want to add for my title / auto play etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Metadata driven font navigation and favorites

The long list of fonts is i alfabetical order which really isn't helpful. I'd like to tag fonts some are favorites and I also would like to navigate them through metaproperties. Serif, blocky, image (windings), handwritten, funny etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. DropBox missing from "Add a Place" in Office 2016 for Windows and Mac

n Office 2013 users had the ability to add non-Microsoft cloud storage providers (DropBox Google) to "Add a Place". This interoperability was a valuable asset to the user trying to use Office applications. In Office 2016 the ability to add DropBox is no longer available in the UI. The only options are Microsoft cloud stores.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make a one click button to make a theme or template as the default for new presentations

Currently requires saving a theme as a custom version, which messes up your resolutions, then after fixing them all again, to save as a custom type, then reopening the 'save to' menu, then right-click the elusive "set as default" choice under a custom grouping - a selection which can be found in no other way. So obscure.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix Fade in of Layered Objects

When layered objects (whether grouped or not) fade in, you can see each object individually fade in rather than the whole composition. This gets awkward, for example, if you have a phone screen with something on it, but you have pasted another image on top of it. In this case, you see a glimpse of the object underneath as it fades which is messy.

Would be great (and expected behavior) if a grouped set like this faded in completely without the flash of the below object that is covered.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. send to back

Add in a keyboard shortcut for send to back!

It would make our lives as powerpoint developers so much easier :)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have reset for guidelines

We use guidelines, but often people drag them by accident. Undo doesn't work, can there be a button to reset all guidelines?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let me change language in OneNote

I can't change the language or correction language in OneNote

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create REST API to access slide content from Add-ins

We need to read content from current slide or all slides from opened presentation. In Word and Excel we can use REST API to access paragraphs and images and content from the document. But in PowerPoint we really missing this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Format Chart - Popout Window

For example, instead of "Format Axis" showing up in the window on the right, it should still be a popout window. With it on the right it very much lowers productivity/ quickness

for example, if I wanted to update the number format, previously I could go to format axis, "N" for number, and tab to get the one I want. Now I have to click through all of these commands.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Outside hyperlinks show pathways

During a presentation, when hover over/I point to a hyperlink that goes outside of the document, the whole pathway is shown. Tacky! The "workaround" is burdensome and imperfect-- I must put a single space into the "tips" box, and then "only" a single space appears. Please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. heart

create an auto rule in office to replace <3 with heart

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remove the options of "Edit Data" or "Edit Data in Excel"

It's not helpful to have to click again, and there's no perceived benefit to trying to edit data within ppt.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Rotate with accuracy

When rotating objects like shapes, pictures and Word-Arts, show the degrees of the rotation like in Goggle Docs and Google Slides. For example: when I'm rotating a picture, you can see the degrees of it next to the rotating point: 55°, 254°... and when it's 90°, 180° or 270° it should align automatically and then dropped when rotating more. Also write it as decimal number for more accuracy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set area for distribute function

When using the distribute horizontally or vertically option, users should be able to set the parameters in which they want the objects distributed. Often I have a box at the top of the page and then need the objects distributed in the space beneath that. It's not difficult to do with a little effort, but setting the top and bottom (or sides) of the distribution area would allow it to go much quicker.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Incorporate single video previously linked

I have an old presentation in which one video was linked to an outside file. I would like to update this single video to incorporate it into the file. This is just an update on how the file is added into the presentation, so I do not want to add the video again manually.
    I would like to have the option for example on a right click on the video in the presentation to incorporate this video.
    I have seen the option of optimize the media. But I just want to incorporate one single video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Re-enable find and replace on charts

You used to be able to find/replace chart category names, now find/replace does not work on charts, and you must go through and edit them manually. This is a time killer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Save as iWork "Keynote" presentation (*.key)

In the Save As tab of File, include an option to save it as iWork Keynote presentation (*.key).
    Keynote is other program like powerpoint but it compatible for Apple devices only, for more info:
    http://www.apple.com/mac/keynote/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can you introduce a round action button, please?

Apply the same functionality to a round action button. At this time, only square action buttons are available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New Smart Art: Puzzle Pieces

Can you create a new Smart Art that dynamically creates a whole puzzle with all of the List Items in a text input field?

For example: 4 items = 2x2 puzzle. 5 items = 2x3 puzzle (2 top row, 3 bottom row). 9 items = 3x3 puzzle. And so on. Set a limit if you want of 10 items.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base