PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Placeholders Should Not Pop to the Front

On a slide master or layout, place a logo or other static content over top of a placeholder. Now make a slide from it and fill the placeholder. The placeholder is now on top of the logo. That's wrong. This is a long-standing design flaw that needs to be fixed.
    This suggestion is not the same as the idea of adding layers to the slides, please do not amalgamate this with that idea.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A button to turn all text in a presentation into a vector shape or image

As embedding fonts is temperamental (e.g. doesn't usually work on Macs, some fonts don't allow embedding etc.), when you're using a custom font it would be great to be able to press a button and turn all of the text in the presentation to vector shape (ideally) or an image.

This way you can save out a version with editable text if you want to make edits in the future, but you can easily have a version ready to send to anyone in the knowledge that they will see the fonts as you see them.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. embed videos with embed code

PPT used to allow the embedding of videos using the "emded code" not just a link. With the embed code, I could embed videos from databases as well as from other websites like TedEd. Additionally, I could set start times for the embedded videos in cases in which I only wanted to share a set amount of a video. This embed code would allow skipping the adds in a YouTube or the automatic "next video" suggestion in YouTube. These are important features for use in classroom settings. I brought this up previously on this forum and was contacted by a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make pens tip as a dot while writing in draw section and allow it curser effect in Camtasia editing

Please provide a rounder (Compass) to draw a circle from given point as center and given radius in Draw<stencil section.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. pen size

i would appreciate if pen size can change in presentation view and there must be some key boardshort cuts available to change pene color

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable Reuse Slides for O365 PowerPoint Government GCC

When trying to use the feature "Reuse Slides" on the Home tab in PowerPoint O365, we receive the message "Sorry, Tap is not available in your region. It will come shortly."
    We would like to request that Microsoft enable "Reuse Slides" for O365 PowerPoint Government GCC. We have an organization of 70,000 users.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. You can add a search bar in Smartart

So if you add a search bar it will be easy for people to search on SmartArt

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Compare versions of same PowerPoint presentation in SharePoint/OneDrive

SharePoint is being used by many organizations to store their Microsoft Office files. This includes PowerPoint presentations. We need to have a simple way (like Word) to select different versions of the same file in the desktop application and compare them (redline or blackline).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams Meeting Powerpoint screen pointer

When in a Teams meeting, adding a pointer when broadcasting files for an audience, such as PowerPoint presentations, would make it much easier for presenters to explain their works during meetings.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. PowerPoint allow animation pane and selection pane to be open at same time.

Recent update to 365 made PowerPoint animation pane and selection pane automatically collapse when you open one, and the other is already open. Sometimes need to see both at same time, for example, when using animation painter in a complicated slide that requires selection pane to select target group or shape. Please make this auto-collapse feature an option, so we can immediately turn it off and never use it. We are good enough at PowerPoint to be able to decide if we want one pane open, or both at once. Don't need the software to force these decisions on us.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change color of speaker notes in powerpoint

I would like to be able to change the color of the speaker notes while in powerpoint. I also would like to highlight in the speaker notes. People are doing online learning right now and are using powerpoint more. I understand there are more options when in different views, but I would like more options in the standard view

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. documents

documents

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 'Present' to Skype/Teams/Zoom

When running a teleconference, it would be great if I could share my presentation in presenter view - treating the Web like an external projector. I know with Zoom I can select which window gets shared, but it's not foolproof.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Set a Zoom section preview image after clicking a section.

Allow the User to set a before preview image and an after preview image to indicate that a Zoom Section has been clicked during the presentation.

The default Zoom Section preview image is the first slide in a section. After clicking through the section the last slide in the section could be displayed as the section preview.

For example, a Jeopardy game board. When a clue section is clicked the first slide in the section is the value amount, section slide 2 is the clue, slide 3 is the answer and the last slide in the section is blank. After…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it so that you can just play a video within powerpoint

Example: I get to the last slide and it has video link. instead Powerpoint could find the video then play the video when you click a play button

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Put superscript/subscript in the ribbon on windows version like it is on Mac powerpoint

As a scientist that uses super/subscript all the time, and as a windows user, the one feature that drives me crazy is the lack of a button for super/subscripts in the ribbon menu on windows PPT. Word and Mac PPT have these buttons easily accessible without having to open a submenu. This probably isn't an issue for most, but anyone who regularly gives presentations containing data with exponents or chemical formulas will tell you that it is a huge pain.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improvement of SPEAK funtion in PowerPoint

SPEAK has been around for a long time but it's not that practical. You must select each text box in the Normal Presentation View and press SPEAK.

Given that many of us are now doing virtual presentations, not all microphones, accents and vocies are equal - and we need to think about accessibilty options. I've had clients with speech problems and so listening to online presentations with poor mics and speech issues makes it impossilbe for them to be heard properly.

Can we improve the SPEAK funtion to read from the PRESENATION SLIDESHOW in full - additional options (gender voices)…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make notes bigger while recording

The notes view is to narrow and small while recording. Please make it bigger, or at least give som options about size.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enhance Reuse Slides for PowerPoint 365

The Reuse Slides feature is really useful in light of its integration with OneDrive and SharePoint for 365, but the lack of the following features is incredibly frustrating and renders it rather unhelpful:

1. Select All Slides

2. Select Slides in a Section

3. Select Multiple Slides

Would love to see these features incorporated.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. in the name of GOD

Microsoft powerpoint MUST have Layers toolbox on the edge.
    (refer to Adobe softwares for observe feature).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base