PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Presenter View – Automatically extend the arrow display to the Audience Screen, when the arrow is over the current slide of Presenter View.

Presenter View – Automatically extend the PPT arrow display to the Audience Screen, when the arrow is over the current slide of Presenter View. Speakers using Presenter View often have to look behind them to see where their mouse pointer is on the Audience Screen. This is very distracting to the audience and causes the speaker to lose track of where they are in their presentation.

There is an option to turn on the laser pointer, which extends from the Presenter View to the Audience Screen, but speakers often forget to turn this feature on or forget to turn it…

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. loop

PowerPoint needs a way to easily loop animations on a slide. Currently, there are hacks that require silent audio files and/or copying and pasting the animations for a finite set of replays and/or creating custom shows.

There should just be a simple checkbox that says : Loop animations.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Speed Changer in imported Video and Music

Hi, since I have been doing a lot of video presentations and video editing using power point, I would like to suggest to add a feature in which I can change the speed of the video and music I imported. Power point has been my video editor since then and I am really comfortable using it that's why I am suggesting this instead of using other video editors. I hope I made a point, thanks a lot!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dark theme

Can I have a dark theme

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Embed codes to work for Loom recorded videos

A lot of teachers are recording lessons on Loom at the moment due to COVID and remote learning. It would be a lot easier if we were able to embed these videos into the powerpoints that we are delivering to the students.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rich text formatting of Notes Pane should be visible in Normal View and Presenter View as well.

It would be nice to have richtext formatting also visible in the Notes pane in the Normal view. There actually are context-sensitive options to highlight text, change font size, use colors, but it is only visible in the Notes Page view. Currently, it is only bold and italic that is displayed in the Normal View.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. zoom out when leaving a slide zoom

If I have slide 2 in slide 1

Problem:
    The slideshow will go
    Slide 1, zoom into Slide 2, show slide 3

Solution:
    It would be much less jarring if
    Slide 1, zoom into Slide 2, zoom out of Slide 2, Show slide 3

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. presenter view 2016 has a single preview of the next slide. I would like to be able to see all the slides down the bottom like 2010

Bring back presenter view as in Powerpoint 2010. I use 2010 at Church, seeing more than the next slide allows me to see what the minister is going to say next and preview several upcoming slides so when he jumps ahead, I am not lost. 2010 powerpoint presenter allows me to use the bottom slider to go through all slides when I need it to go back or forward as needed in the presentation without jumping to the all slides screen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. powerpoint

Maybe allow the user's to use the design feature the whole way through instead of accidently clicking off it and then not being able to access half way through.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hello! Could you please add a clockwise/counterclockwise option for the "wheel" animation in PowerPoint?

Hello! Could you please add a clockwise/counterclockwise option for the "wheel" animation in PowerPoint?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. guestimate pie chart based on source image

Please add a feature to guestimate pie charts based on a source image. Doing it manually is a very painstaking process to figure out the angle values!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please add Free Hand Drawing options in Power Point For More Stylish Presentations

Please add colour pens, highlighter, brushes, ruler , eraser, pencil, set square in PowerPoint for easy free hand drawings in Power Point more more stylish presentations. I think that this will make more stylish presentations in PowerPoint

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. help ppt for screen shot in easy way

please help us to take screenshot in ppt it can make our work easy and faster .
    it is the main benefit in paint 3d

THANK    YOU

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PREHISTORIC FEATURES OF POWERPOINT BACKGROUND NEED IMPROVEMENT

Please modify the gradient, textures and pattern in the format background region of power point region as they are looking prehistoric...
    please allow us to copy and insert the entire slide or a part of the slide of one presentation to another power point presentation
    please allow us to use the designer ideas as design template for the power point presentation of the entire presentation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. space bar to pan around document after zooming in

Ctrol + scroll wheel allows zooming in, after that would be nice to be able to press space bar to hand grab the document and drag the document around (like in adobe illustrator).

and when zooming in "zoom to cursor option", whereever the mouse pointer is, the zoom centers the canvas to that point.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Audio and Webcam recording uncompressed

Please make a small. Interface that allows me to take control of the audio and video quality if I use Powerpoint for Recording both. The Webcam input iss compressed to 480p and the audio quality is low too. Since covid 19 content production got very important, the lack of sound quality control is a real barrier. Powerpoint compresses these inputs for file-size reasons, please give advanced users the chance to produce hq content tho.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base