PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Improve DPI scaling over different monitors for all office apps

Please improve DPI scaling over multiple screens with different scaling. All apps should scale according to the setting of each monitor. When scaling, apps rendering should stay sharp and accurate (not blurry!)

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting the feature request!

This work has been completed and released to Office 365 users in March. Please update your build to version 16.0.9029 or newer, and give it a try!

Again, thank you for helping us improve our product! And, please keep voting on the features that are important to you.

Thanks!
    PowerPoint Team

2. I think that maybe you should let 2 people be on the same power point at the same time

Make people be able edit and be on the same point at the same time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix fonts list in Symbol dialog box

Home > Bullet button arrow > Bullets and Numbering > Custom opens Symbol dialog box to create custom bullets from fonts like Wingdings. There are currently no specific fonts listed. Always worked before 2016, broken now.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatic animation of objects between slides

Ability to easily add animations to objects that appear on different slides.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Repair PowerPoint 2016 Desktop French shortcuts

Currently, the shortcuts for the French version of PowerPoint 2016 Desktop are broken...

The interface displays shortcuts, but they don't work:
    - Ctrl+S doesn't save
    - Alt+Q doesn't open the "ask us what you want to do" thing

Seriously, you can't even use Ctrl+S to save !!!
    THIS IS THE MOST ANNOYING THING EVER DONE TO A SOFTWARE §§§§§§
    I can't remember of a single software allowing to save that was done without having a Ctrl+S shortcut to do this...

https://twitter.com/MarienMonnier/status/656739634102325248

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New themes and the ability to change the font colors within a Theme

Ok, now I have space! Your choice of themes for PP is very limited for lectures. Found 'crop' online & suited my purposes but could find no way to change the beige colour into a blueish background. Found pretty blue-green Savon title slide but then the content slide lost the frame I wanted & the blue colour & only offered me beige without the frame. 3 other variants were offered but 2 had complete black background to write on & no way to change to white or light colour. Themes should be like fonts where one can change colour, font,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How about allowing me to organize fonts better in PP?

I use many different types of fonts and I use many text boxes to make posters etc. Having to scroll through so many fonts is a big pain. I wish there was a way that I could keep MS PP fonts separate from the designer fonts I use. If I could move the fonts I use a lot to the top. I would also like to know which ones are preinstalled versus the ones I bought so I would know which ones I need to get commercial license for. I will download fonts to try but may not buy a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting feedback. In our latest PowerPoint app we support 3 sections in the font drop down that can help you with the issue you described (Theme Fonts, Recently Used Fonts, and All fonts). When you try out fonts, you will find them under “Recently Used Fonts”.

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base