PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Powerpoint slide master error

If you select the master title style edit shape on the PowerPoint slide master, modify the font, and apply the shape style in the shape form, the font will not be applied and will be positioned as default values.
    If you apply this backwards, the font will be applied.
    Watch the video on the link below to find out more accurately.
    https://youtu.be/YEZGLkyZs08
    Thank you.

Additional
    Although we received remote assistance from Microsoft Korea, engineers at its Korean branch also said there is no way to solve the same problem.
    Please solve it as soon as soon as possible.
    Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. What if there was a way to link the presentation with the notes? (Presenter view)

In regular view, there could be numbers/letters in the slide where the creator wants them, with numbers down in the notes (maybe only shown during slide tab?).
    In presenter view, there would be arrows pointing to the correct notes. This way, the creator only has to link 1 note with a point on the slide, instead of writing everything in notes!

NOTE: The audience wouldn't be able to see the numbers, or the arrows!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. NDI output support for PowerPoint

I'd like to recommend a feature to be added to the PowerPoint application. NDI is a high quality, low latency professional video IP format that I think would be a good addition to this application. I would allow you to share the output of PowerPoint on other peoples computer using a free NDI Monitor application or send the output into professional video production solutions.

The Skype team at Microsoft has added NewTek NDI support into their product. PowerPoint would be the next product that I think should be enhanced with this royalty free technology. You can learn more about NDI…

561 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back the drawing tool on all office apps

I would really like to have the drawing tool in all office apps, it is so fun and really easy to use it helps to add creativity to the files, also, stickers on powerpoint would be awesome. But please, the drawing tool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Embed video search from Microsoft Stream

You should be able to search and pick the video you need from a window inside PowerPoint. Find your video a get the option if this should be a link or embedded "compressed" into the PowerPoint.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make It Possible to Set Defaults on More Functions

I need to be able to easily and permanently set default page size (e.g., "letter") as well as a default font (and associated attributes such as Bold, Color, etc). At present there is no way to do this. I have to set them each and every single time I create a new document.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Default options for line and letter spacing that make sense

RE: Add line spacing options to tighten line

This issue was marked as done but it really hasn't been implemented smartly in my opinion.

Though you can now set other values through the new dialog 'More spacing' and 'Line spacing options' the defaults options are still really strange.

Would make much more sense to have something like:

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The "notes" field is a tiny, unusable piece of garbage in the presenter view.

Roll back the design to the previous version, so that people can at least use two monitors to see their notes! Do you know how many millions of teachers all over the world now need to do voice-over PowerPoint lectures, because of Covid, and PowerPoint has made that task ten times more difficult? Now I have to print up notes on actual paper, like a cave man!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can Powerpoint support Webp images?

Inserting images can be a hard work, especially when Powerpoint doesn't support some image types, like Webp, who grows exponentially since last year. This makes the image search more difficult. If Powerpoint could support Webp images, that would be more simple than converting Webp into Jpeg or Png.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add "Translate Slides" in Slide Show ribbon

I am in China, my everyday job requirements required "Translate Slide" in Slide Show ribbon at Microsoft Power Point.

I subscribe Office365, but also have no "Translate Slide" button. Please send me the add-in to my email.

Highly required for my everyday work prospect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. In animation add on dynamic for the number

When I was presenting the presentation, I need to let my students to guess the number but I can't found the animation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Embed video from educational editors such as Wiley Plus, Pearson, etc. into PowerPoint

It would be useful for educators to be able to embed videos from educational publishers such as Wiley, Pearson, etc. into PowerPoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PowerPoint Web Viewer Add-in is not working.

When inserting the PowerPoint Web Viewer, it gives error "The content is blocked because it isn't signed by a valid certificate"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to lock the width and height of tables; content scrollable

Currently, if I have a spreadsheet that is larger than a slide, I have to break the spreadsheet up and have each part on a separate slide.

It would be great to be able to create tables with the ability to lock the height and width for the rows, columns, and the table as a whole - then for the table to automatically become scrollable within that slide if the content exceeds the pre-determined height and/or width of the table.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable to change the size and position of webcam in recording mode

Right now, the default webcam shown in recording mode is at the bottom right of the slide. This may cause some certain occlusion with the slide content.
    It would be grate if you can enable the users to change the size position of the webcam display in recording mode.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please restore the ability of comments to be carried over when a slide is imported (reused)

Please restore the ability of comments to be imported when a slide is imported (reused). This allows a big deck to be split among colleagues to work in parallel, then recombined. Otherwise, everything must be done by a single person to avoid losing the comment history.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide resolved comments from view (not delete)

I'd like to keep resolved comments around to let the commenter know that I've addressed their feedback. However, there's so much clutter from resolved comments as slides are iterated on that even though the resolved comments are grayed out, it's hard to focus on only unresolved comments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow disabling the context-aware automatic switch to "picture format", "shape format" , etc.

Please add the option for the user to disable the context-aware automatic switch to ribbons such as "picture format", "shape format" etc . To me, in my work, every time I draw a line the automatic switch happens to a set of default formatting values (shades, thikness, etc) that every time I have to undo. This is unbelievably counter-productive, particularly if I am trying to draw an engineering diagram with over 100 lines. For every line I have to go there and click and drag on a menu because I do not want an automatic shade. To me, this was…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base