PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Additional size selection and design choices

If there was the ability to create in PP then Change Shape/size for Facebook and Instagram posts. Ability to preselected Ad image size I e FB new standard sizes and transform one image size to another in Design. So if I create a horizontal image for FB but want a square of same image for Instagram have the design fester offer choice to change the size and present a revised layout with same image and copy. I could have this ad-on developed but thought it would be a way for Microsoft to re-market a new and current version of PowerPoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. should be able to embed video from Videoscribe Sparkol

should be able to embed video from Videoscribe Sparkol

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Save as original for grouped pictures

Usually, one can edit a picture in powerpoint and then save it as an image file. This can be done with the regular "save" option or the "save as original" dropdown option, which keeps the native resolution. However, the second option is not available for multiple images selected at the same time or grouped image, meaning if one tries to export those images they can only do so with high amounts of compression. Could you please add the ability to save original grouped images?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. create the option to put the 'Notes' section on the side

most monitors are wide screen, so bringing up the notes section makes the slides in view much smaller and leaves a lot of wasted space along the sides.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Use Windows 10 style "Feedback Hub"

While Windows 10 "Feedback Hub" needs some improvement

It is Much Better than your Feedback Technique

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to adopt a custom palette and RENAME it - not overwrite it. Then , 2 clients can have the same palette.

I would like to adopt a custom palette and RENAME it - not overwrite it. Then , 2 clients can have the same palette.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I am looking for the 2020 PPT illustrated seasonal calendar. It is November already and can not believe it is not available yet.

I am looking for the 2020 PPT illustrated seasonal calendar. It is November already and can not believe it is not available yet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Set default values for a 3D object camera settings (field of view & z position settings)

If you adjust the camera setting of a 3D object (specifically the field of view and z position to remove the perspective applied to a 3D model), the new values get removed if you change the object orientation (i.e changing the view from top to view from the side). It would be useful ti be able to lock the user applied camera settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to remove all themes in PowerPoint and use only your custom theme

It would be nice if the pre installed themes in PowerPoint could be removed completely, so that the user could add their theme, and have that available as the only option. This is important when sending files to a client. The themes in PowerPoint are outdated to begin with, and more of an eyesore than a help. There are a number of themes which can not be removed. PLEASE update the program so we can remove these outdated themes! I would be happy to design some themes for you which are more current!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keep pen colours visible during Slideshow

During a slideshow, I'd love to have the colour palette for pen to be always visible at the top right. This would help me save a ton of time for switching between different colours while annotating the slide. Moreover, the choices for colours are also pretty less.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Comprehensive Grammar checks missing in PowerPoint

I have been looking for an option where PowerPoint can check grammar and language the way MS Word does. I understand that it has the functionality of providing arbitrary suggestion, but looking for a more comprehensive way to reduce grammatical error while creating PowerPoint Presentations. Adding a tool lile Grammarly would prove to be really helpful to PowerPoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If I search for calendar 2019 I get in powerpoint hits for a 2013-2014 calendar. Why ;)?

If I search for calendar 2019 I get in powerpoint hits for a 2013-2014 calendar. Why ;)?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Creating Smartart with Zooms to slides

Recommend adding more storytelling/variety to zooms using smartart type of interface. I have been doing this manually in a lot of my presentations (3 stage progressions, lifecycles, etc.) that use zooms instead of shapes and pictures.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Creating Smartart with Zooms to slides

Recommend adding more storytelling/variety to zooms using smartart type of interface. I have been doing this manually in a lot of my presentations (3 stage progressions, lifecycles, etc.) that use zooms instead of shapes and pictures.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hard Edged wipe

WHO WAS THE MORON THAT CHANGED THIS TO SOFT EDGE??? HOPE THEY WERE FIRED. FIX THIS ASAP!!!! EITHER MARK IT BACK TO HARD EDGE OR OFFER OPTION FOR BOTH. THE SOFT EDGE IS THE DUMBEST THING YOU DID WITH PPT!!! IT'S BEEN TOO LONG THAT WE HAVE WAITED FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO US DESIGNERS...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring the "Add from Files" Feature from Word into PowerPoint

I love the "Add from Files" feature in Word for Office 365, but I find I typically need to do that action in presentations more than Word documents. It would be fantastic if that same functionality came to PowerPoint so users could easily import content such as recently created Excel charts and tables into a presentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Resize Embedded Object - Alt buton to snap to round percentage

To help consistently resize embedded objects, it would be nice if when the user uses the mouse to drag a resize handle with the Alt button pressed to have the resize increment be a round value (e.g. 10% points), so that the resized obejct moves from 100% to 110% then 120% etc. in round increments. This way, we have more control to make the sizing of embedded objects consistent across slides without going through the context menu "Format Object".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Resize embedded objects - Display Size

When resizing an embedded object using the size handles and the mouse, there is no display of the size that I can see (size in % original size or in physical size, say cm).
    It would be nice when we resize one that way to have a hint displayed next to the handle being dragged that says "Size: ... x ... cm (... x ...%)." or something like this.

This would be useful if we want to make all embedded objects consistent and increase their size consistently to 150% of the original size without having to go through the context…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 115 116
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base