PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Add a slide number X/Y based on title/section/chapter slides count

I would like to be able to automate this slide [X/Y] that I and some other people use in slide title when creating presentations.

Issue:
    I have to manually update the number of slides contained in my presentation section
    Example: Intro [1/2], Intro [2/2], I need to add a slide, I need to rename Intro [1/3], Intro [2/3] after adding my slide)

Expected behavior:
    When the title of the slide is similar, I should be able to ask PowerPoint to add slide numbering at the end of the title for this specific subset of slides

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reading View with Speak comand

When actively clicking on the reading view command, include at the bottom the Speak command. So, that the Speak command will be active and read out loud without selecting text. ASAP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sway code embedding

Please enable a feature of embedding Sway code in microsoft power point. This feature was previously present in live slides. After migrating to poll everywhere, this feature is no longer available. I have written to poll everywhere about the same. Hope to see this feature soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add Center or Midway connection points for more shapes

When adding connector lines between shapes, it is a great point of frustration that there is no way to connect to the side of polygons like squares and rectangles. This idea would add a connection point to the midway point of a side so that diagramming is much easier, and moving polygon shapes would not force you to manually move all your arrows. Thanks for considering.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make design ideas available in office professional pro plus 2016

I've been using office since 7 years, I used to love it but now I have heard about design ideas but its not included in my office I recommend you to add design ideas into office 16

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Audio bar in PowerPoint

It has been a while that I am waiting for a renovation about the audio bar. I wish I was able to make it stay forever. In most cases it is beneficial that it fades out but when I want my students to see the progress, or when I have to pause the audio very quickly, it is a burden.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hyperlinks need to act as animations so they can be activated after other animations instead of jumping straight to the linked slide/object.

What i mean is that, you have an object, lets say a circle, and you want this object to act as a button to another slide. That is easy. You link the object as a hyperlink to the other slide and you are done. What if i want to add animations to that object in order to act like a button. The moment i click the hyperlink/object, PP jumps straight to the other slide before the animations can happen. So, I suggest that hyperlinks would have properties that we can change in order for them to be activated with delay,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a Rubber Ink Stamp effect on shape effects.

Some times you want to create that rubber ink stamp effect to make your own "REPORT", "EXPIRED", "CANCELED", "CLASSIFIED" stamps. You could add them as items , but I think adding an effect gives the user more flexibility.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Vector fill pattern (e.g. WMF/EMF) should not be converted to bitmap when exporting from PowerPoint to PDF.

When a shape is filled (e.g. tiled) with a WMF vector fill and when exporting or printing this from PowerPoint to PDF, the vector fill is converted to a bitmap at very low resolution (200 dpi).

Expected behavior: the vector fill should not be converted to a bitmap when exported to PDF, but should remain in vectorial form.

The matter is also already being discussed here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficepowerpoint-msowin10-mso_365hp/how-to-keep-vector-fill-pattern-eg-wmfemf-when/5c8c796a-7b8f-4418-9f30-114da3da48b2?messageId=136a52e7-3b4e-46e9-8472-d39e27a2bf04&page=1&auth=1&rtAction=1618563048691

The PowerPoint file can be downloaded here:
    https://sabercathost.com/my3z/PowerPointShapewithWMFVector_Fill.zip

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. style sheets please

need I say more? Word has style sheets...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow PowerPoint to Run and Export Video in 60 Frames Per Second

PowerPoint only export at 30FPS. It will be better if it is running at 60 frames per second or improve the animation interpolation of the animation so that stuttering is not noticeable when doing fast-paced animation. It is very noticeable when using fast straight motion animation with multiple objects that have text across the slide. The text will started to stutter with random jerkiness to other objects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. automated table of contents on each slide

It would be very convenient to:
    - have an automated table of contents added at the beginning of the presentation (even with text, not only like zoom feature) based on the sections names
    - have a reminder of the position in the toc on each slide, horizontal like a breadcrumb of vertical in the margin, with emphasis on the current section.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow users to specify the default smart quotes to be used by PowerPoint independently from the proofing language

Currently, if you specify in PowerPoint "Replace as you type Straight Quotes with Smart Quotes", the application selects the quotes according to the proofing language. For example, it uses guillemets for Italian, French or German. However, in those languages, are also used curly double quotes and several publishers require to use “...” instead of «...», also in those languages. So, the user should be able to select in which quotes the straight ones have to be converted document by document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove those auto align dots on the sides, top & bottom of shapes! When I’m creating an org chart and have to connect the boxes with lines

Remove the magnetic dots on the sides, top and bottom of shapes! I create hundreds of org charts every year and when I’m adding the lines to connect the boxes those awful magnetic dots grab my lines. I will place the lines where they need to go. By the way, MS Tech Support could not fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fundo transparente nos vídeos

Olá. Gostaria de sugerir que fosse incorporado ao PowerPoint a possibilidade de exportar um vídeo feito nele com fundo transparente (alpha channel).

Já uso isso com imagens, e se fosse possível com os vídeos, Isso seria incrível.

Obriagdo

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Power Point 2016 presenta un error en las entradas manuscritas con cualquier tableta gráfica

Power Point 2016 presenta un error en las entradas manuscritas con cualquier tableta gráfica. El trazo sale disparado hacia los laterales, causando muchos inconvenientes cuando estoy dando clase o bien gravándola. He usados distintas tabletas gráficas y en todas sucede. Es muy tedioso dar clase de esta forma. Saludos

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Power Point 2016 presenta un error en las entradas manuscritas con cualquier tableta gráfica

Power Point 2016 presenta un error en las entradas manuscritas con cualquier tableta gráfica. El trazo sale disparado hacia los laterales, causando muchos inconvenientes cuando estoy dando clase o bien gravándola. He usados distintas tabletas gráficas y en todas sucede. Es muy tedioso dar clase de esta forma. Saludos

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow animations to become default

If I use "float in" I almost always use from left to right. Same with other animations. I want them to becaome defaults. (Like I can do with Drawing, where color og line can be set as standard)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Animation Ribbon CUstomize Which shows up

Please allow me to put the most used animation in front on the ribbon. I use too many clicks every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 148 149
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base