PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Allow transition sounds when convert to video

When a presentation with transition sounds is converted to video, these are not transferred. Only are transferred the sound that are directly inserted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exit animations for objects before slide transition

It would be great to be able to add exit animations to objects on a PowerPoint slide so that when you click to advance to the next slide those objects perform an exit animation and then the slide is immediately advanced afterwards.

Currently, in order to achieve this effect we need to duplicate the elements onto the following slide which is a pain and makes editing tedious. This workaround also doesn't work for presentations that use hyperlinks to navigate around a deck.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Easily turn slides into print-ready documents (bleed, cut lines, CMYK etc.)

Improve the ability for PowerPoint slides to be turned into print-ready documents, including:

• ability to easily add bleed and cut lines to slides (for exporting to PDF) without affecting current placement of elements on a slide

• colour conversion to CMYK

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Smart Art Colour themes based on dominant image

Smart Art gives a nice but basic sample of colour schemes through designer mode and through smart art formatting. For good design; however, most of us try to work with a consistent theme throughout, or match slides thematically to the dominant image on the page.

I find an image that works for my slide, insert and modify to fit visual style guide for PowerPoint. I then find the dominant colours in the image (Or cheat and use color.adobe to extract a colour theme from the image) and change the smart art and stylings of the page to fit the brief.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Accessibility, video has no audio

Currently when using the accessibility checker there is no way to flag that a video in the presentation has no audio and that captions aren't necessary.

I've had to create a webvtt to put in a caption that says no audio.

It would be great if this could be done by PowerPoint

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hide/Unhide selected layers

Would be very useful to have a toggle in the Selection Pane that allows to hide/unhide selected layer!!!!!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Put back publish slides to folder to sort and find large slides.. PLEASE!!!!

As an editor of many submissions from the field, I used this functionality every day. its gone, and a big productivity killer... unbelievable workarounds are posted in forums.. mine will be to use an old laptop.... makes no sense..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Auto-Reverse" for Transparency Animation

It's just like another way to make animation loop seamless.
    The idea is a checkbox like "Auto-Reverse" in other animations. After the Transparency done, the object will turn back into no transparency for a while. This' may meaningless in simple case but It'll help to control the object draw order (like Z-Depth) in animation, make it possible to loop animations like flip cards, object go behind another then go above it (something like this https://gblobscdn.gitbook.com/assets%2F-M3EXlibk6bj2FzPQW-9%2F-MXZYdH1VnApRXn6r7tt%2F-MXdkBYlA37I43RczryP%2Fdraw%20order.gif)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Auto-Reverse" for Transparency Animation

It's just like another way to make animation loop seamless.
    The idea is a checkbox like "Auto-Reverse" in other animations. After the Transparency done, the object will turn back into no transparency for a while. This' may meaningless in simple case but It'll help to control the object draw order (like Z-Depth) in animation, make it possible to loop animations like flip cards, object go behind another then go above it (something like this https://gblobscdn.gitbook.com/assets%2F-M3EXlibk6bj2FzPQW-9%2F-MXZYdH1VnApRXn6r7tt%2F-MXdkBYlA37I43RczryP%2Fdraw%20order.gif)

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bring back Design Ideas Icon generator for a list

You would put down a list and click on the designer button and it would automatically create icons for the lists that were great. And, you could swap out the icons if you wanted. It was very useful, very easy and used all the time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Redesign the animation interface pan

The current animation pane is set over 3 tabs. Computers have much larger screens and we waste clicks jumping between the three tabs that could all be in ONE screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow ANY duration to be TYPED into an animation duration field

Currently animations have to be manually dragged out in the timeline if they are delayed for over 60 seconds. Why can't we just type the number of seconds into the numerical field?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add "bird's eye view" for zoomed-in in-slide navigation (highlight currently visible area on slide thumbnail))

The "birds eye view" and the "Navigator panel" are commonly used in many image editing applications, e.g. https://youtu.be/Hb2iopWR9ZQ?t=59 . PowerPoint already provides a slide thumbnail (the only difference is that it shows thumbnails for multiple slides simultaneously) in the "Normal view" layout.

As a PowerPoint user, I commonly zoom in 400%, and sometimes, I feel a bit confused about where I am. It would be great if PowerPoint would show my current view box on the slide thumbnail. Ideally, it should also allow to drag it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add an option to resize text and shape simultaneously

In many cases, I'd like the font size to change simultaneously with the shape size. That is, if a have a 2x2cm square with 14pt text in it, I'd like to resize both to 1x1 and 7pt, just like if it was a raster image. It might be a good idea to add a checkbox somewhere inside the "shape settings" that would trigger such a resizing behavior.

The "Scale text simultaneously with images in PowerPoint" is a quite popular user request ( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/scale-text-simultaneously-with-images-in/af9f9437-f77d-4c40-8f7f-9d8e43196155 ), I'm surprised I cannot find anything like that on uservoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pen tray when presenting

Have the option to set up a pen tray (similar to that in MS whiteboard) to be available quickly during presentations. Currently changing pen colours during a presentation is a bit of a chore and interrupts flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Line wipe animation

If I want to see a line draw at a constant rate, and it has any kind of bend, such a U-shaped curve, I want to see the line draw NOT from "top to bottom" or "left to right" or something like that, but from "beginning to end". So I would like a "line wipe" animation that would draw a "U"-shape by starting, say, at the top right corner, moving down, around the curve at the bottom, and then moving up to the top right of the U (and the options would have "end to beginning" as well; maybe "middle…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Segment orientation

I should be able, in edit points, to specify a segment is vertical or horizontal, or perhaps oriented 45 degrees, although I never need that. But trying to keep a complex line horizontal and vertical is an annoying problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Edit points segment

Once I say a segment is a straight segment, or a curved segment, the only way that segment can change is if I change it to a curved segment or straight segment. Moving a point shall not, not once, not ever, cause a segment to change shape once I have chosen its type. In particular, the annoying habit of changing a straight segment to a curved segment is UNACCEPTABLE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More modern and wide color palettes

The color palette feels like something from the late 80s still.
    Can we get a more modern color picker system with custom, saveable color palettes with WAY more color choices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Import, copy and paste CUSTOM motion paths

The ability to create motion paths in another software package and then paste it into PowerPoint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 153 154
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base