PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Automatic animation of objects between slides

Ability to easily add animations to objects that appear on different slides.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quick Access Toolbar icon spacing in Office 2016

It appears the icon spacing in Office 2016 for the Quick Access Toolbar has been widened, I assume to accommodate touchscreen devices. With 2013 I could have as many as 50 on the QAT where now that number is reduced to near 30. As a mouse user the extra spacing is hindrance. We should be able to set that as needed.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New themes and the ability to change the font colors within a Theme

Ok, now I have space! Your choice of themes for PP is very limited for lectures. Found 'crop' online & suited my purposes but could find no way to change the beige colour into a blueish background. Found pretty blue-green Savon title slide but then the content slide lost the frame I wanted & the blue colour & only offered me beige without the frame. 3 other variants were offered but 2 had complete black background to write on & no way to change to white or light colour. Themes should be like fonts where one can change colour, font,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add full "Review" functionality like in Word

I can't seem to mark up PPT's like I can Word docs - e.g., delete text, add text, etc. I can only seem to add Comments.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How about allowing me to organize fonts better in PP?

I use many different types of fonts and I use many text boxes to make posters etc. Having to scroll through so many fonts is a big pain. I wish there was a way that I could keep MS PP fonts separate from the designer fonts I use. If I could move the fonts I use a lot to the top. I would also like to know which ones are preinstalled versus the ones I bought so I would know which ones I need to get commercial license for. I will download fonts to try but may not buy a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting feedback. In our latest PowerPoint app we support 3 sections in the font drop down that can help you with the issue you described (Theme Fonts, Recently Used Fonts, and All fonts). When you try out fonts, you will find them under “Recently Used Fonts”.

6. Add line spacing options to tighten line

On the Home tab there is a Line Spacing button in the Paragraph group. Click it and you see options for line spacing of

I don't know about you, but I have never in my life used a double- or triple-spaced line in PowerPoint.

I have, however, used .8, .85, .9 and .95, and I use them a lot. Why are these not options on the Line Spacing dialog in PowerPoint? Why must I click Line Spacing Options at the bottom of that menu and go through another dialog to change from Single to Multiple…

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to write feedback. We now support this in our desktop app. Under the “Home” tab, within the “Paragraph” section select the drop down for line spacing and then select “Line Spacing Options”. This will open a new window that will allow you to change from “Single” to “Multiple” and input your own values.

7. highlight text

In word I am able to lightlight text, but I can't do this in Powerpoint. Please add the ability to highlight text! (this isn't about highlighting during a slide show, this about highlighting text just like you can do in Word)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base