PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. NDI output support for PowerPoint

I'd like to recommend a feature to be added to the PowerPoint application. NDI is a high quality, low latency professional video IP format that I think would be a good addition to this application. I would allow you to share the output of PowerPoint on other peoples computer using a free NDI Monitor application or send the output into professional video production solutions.

The Skype team at Microsoft has added NewTek NDI support into their product. PowerPoint would be the next product that I think should be enhanced with this royalty free technology. You can learn more about NDI…

523 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

126 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PowerPoint 2016 Error: Chart Links to Wrong Data

Error: Duplicated chart reverts to data of original chart after the duplicated chart’s data has been changed. THIS IS NOT A FEATURE REQUEST, IT IS A REPLICABLE ERROR!

Steps to replicate error:
    1. Open PowerPoint 2016
    2. New: Blank Presentation
    3. Insert Chart on slide: Stacked Column, this is slide 1
    4. Close the Data Sheet that automatically opened
    5. Duplicate slide 1, this is slide 2
    6. Go to slide 2: open Edit Data in Excel
    7. Change any data in the Excel worksheet: KEEP EXCEL DATA SHEET OPEN
    8. Duplicate slide 2, this is slide 3, do not…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better data visualization animation for charts

On click, have data sets move on screen over a period of time to see the change. Like this: https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/motionchart?hl=en

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Removing the “Under Review” tag since this idea does not have sufficient votes for us to take on as a new feature.

We want to make sure the User Voice site is up to date with the engineering efforts we are making. Please continue submitting ideas and voting.

4. custom & eye-dropper highlight color options

Custom and eye-dropper colors for highlighter colors. Please allow full-range RGB/HEX color scales with shading for highlighter colors.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Removing the “Under Review” tag since this idea does not have sufficient votes for us to take on as a new feature.

We want to make sure the User Voice site is up to date with the engineering efforts we are making. Please continue submitting ideas and voting.

6. Add Fishbone (Ishikawa/Cause and Effect) Diagrams to SmartArt

Top level could the be ultimate effect (the head of the fish), second level would be the main ribs of the fish, third level would be sub-causes, forth level would be sub-sub-causes (if possible - three levels would probably be sufficient). I'm looking for automatic fishbone diagram generation and can't find anything on the internet that does it automatically - just templates of people manually drawing them. This seems like such a simple slam-dunk for SmartArt!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to customize Powerpoint colors. I'm Color Blind and cannot see which slide is selected in the thumbnails in Dark Mode.

I'm Color Blind and I cannot easily see which slide is selected in the thumbnails when using the Dark Mode. The Dark mode is usually better for my eyes.
    We could have an option to change that color (that I don't know - I think green), or an option to increase the thickness of that borderline around the thumbnails.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Table Animation within cell, column, row

Please add the ability to add reveal animations on rows/columns in a table. Currently I have to draw boxes over reach row and make them fade on clicks to make them disappear to reveal the cells underneath. Thank you

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Data Connections

PowerPoint should allow data connections to graphs, tables and charts like in Excel.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10. Export PowerPoint slides to SVG

I would like to be able to export slides as an SVG image. Since Visio can do this, it shouldn't be any problem adding feature to MS Office apps.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Powerpoint could have options to display bigger pen point (like a pen or '+')

Powerpoint could have options to display bigger pen point.

It is very small and difficult to see and find during presentations.

I would like to see something like a pen or a (x). I use wacom display, for example, and it is difficult to see the point in monitor during presentation. In some softwares the referred point is a "pen" or a "+". This simple change turns easier.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Grayscale Features on Chart Labels

Would love to have ability to change grayscale settings on chart data labels. For example, in B&W my stacks that have dark fills also have dark font data labels and it's very hard to see. I currently have to work around that by using text boxes and it's time-consuming.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Performance issue in displaying Shapes list in PowerPoint (Version 1811)

In Windows 7, PowerPoint (Version 1811), icons are renewed, takes much longer to display shape lists than older version such as Version 1807.

My testing is following.

Windows 7 + New icon in Office 365 ProPlus (Version 1811) : 2.0 sec
    Windows 7 + Old icon in Office 365 ProPlus (Version 1807) : 0.5 sec

Windows 10 + New icon in Office 365 ProPlus (Version 1811) : 1.0 sec
    Windows 10 + Old icon in Office 365 ProPlus (Version 1807) : 0.8 sec

Reference:
    Your ribbon icons have a new look
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/your-ribbon-icons-have-a-new-look-c6bc4cd8-d151-41d3-8276-fc7c9975eb79

PowerPoint (Version 1811) in Windows 7 should display…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. OCR pictures automagically

Provide a button that allow user to select texts in picture, and convert the texts into real text in powerpoint. This can also sharpen texts in pictures

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow matrix alignment options in PowerPoint Equation Editor

The Equation Editor in Word allows alignment options to be specified for matrices. The PowerPoint version of the Equation Editor does not. This make Powerpoint versions standard mathematical constructions (e.g. definition of functions by cases) ugly. Please, can the Equation editor in PowerPoint be the same as the one in Word?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Presentation View Notes Scroll with Touch

When in Presentation View on two monitors, the speaker notes display on the main monitor

If the notes are larger than the display box then scrolling is available....however scrolling will only work with the mouse scroll button

If I have a surface or a touchscreen can you allow the notes to be scrolled through with your touch?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add voting buttons to slides

Add the ability to include voting buttons on slide for audience to provide real time feedback

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. invert image

Add option for inverting images.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Gantt Charts for PowerPoint for better productivity

Thousands of project managers around the world are Creating Gantt charts on slides to provide high level project overviews.
    Creating these charts take a lot of time. Plugins like Think Cell help to do this job but this important feature should be part of the core product.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add a "go to slide #" feature in PowerPoint edit mode.

I make very large presentations. I would like to be able to easily navigate to the slide number of my choice to edit it. A similar feature exists in Word in the "Find and Replace" menu; for consistency, we might want to put it there in PowerPoint too. A similar concern is discussed on this thread with which I am not involved: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficepowerpoint-msowinother/how-to-jump-to-slide-number-in-edit-mode-without/7275a194-988c-43f1-a11f-070e7a9590da

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base