PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Make Office Free.. The Free Version won't have many features then the original office but make it that you can type

The Free Version won't have many features then the original office but make it that you can type!

I hope you will have a great day!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for posting your request!

If you have a Microsoft account (hotmail.com, outlook.com, live.com, msn.com) or an Office 365 work or school account, you should be able to view and edit a presentation for free in a web browser by saving the file to OneDrive or Dropbox and using PowerPoint Online to open it.
    https://office.live.com/start/PowerPoint.aspx

Hope it works as an alternative solution for you.

Thanks!
    PowerPoint Team

2. Autosave should warn you if you open old presentations and you're going to lose slides

In a Powerpoint presentation I built last year, I opened it so that I can remove a few sensitive slides and save-as another version. To my dismay Autosave was put on by default and promptly crashed powerpoint when I tried to deactivate it. When I opened Powerpoint I could not undo and recover the slides I deleted. This is incredibly frustrating. The user should be warned if Autosave is suddenly activated on older presentations, or warn the user that slides will be lost!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Now, Office will warn you that AutoSave was on for your file if you make changes to cloud files and then Save a Copy to another version. To avoid situations like this in the future, we recommend using Save a Copy first before making changes.

As you know, with Version History, which you can access by clicking on the document name in the titlebar, you can restore any previous versions of the document.

Please note that AutoSave only applies to files on OneDrive or SharePoint. For files stored elsewhere, such as your local hard drive, changes won’t get saved until you manually save.

To learn more about AutoSave, please see https://support.office.com/article/What-is-AutoSave-6d6bd723-ebfd-4e40-b5f6-ae6e8088f7a5

3. re-instate 'go to previous slide on right mouse click' in powerpoint office 365

re-instate 'go to previous slide on right mouse click' in powerpoint in office 365. Right mouse click has changed advances the slide, the same as left click, whereas it used to go to previous slide; this change is a disaster for users who use 'presenter' with no keyboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. let you put a video from your documents

place a video onto your PowerPoint from your documents not only from the internet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I think that maybe you should let 2 people be on the same power point at the same time

Make people be able edit and be on the same point at the same time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New themes and the ability to change the font colors within a Theme

Ok, now I have space! Your choice of themes for PP is very limited for lectures. Found 'crop' online & suited my purposes but could find no way to change the beige colour into a blueish background. Found pretty blue-green Savon title slide but then the content slide lost the frame I wanted & the blue colour & only offered me beige without the frame. 3 other variants were offered but 2 had complete black background to write on & no way to change to white or light colour. Themes should be like fonts where one can change colour, font,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base