PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Embed online content besides YouTube, such as Vimeo, Wistia, Facebook, and Stream

It would be so helpful to have the option of embedding videos from other sources other than just YouTube. One great source is Vimeo and it typically doesn't contain a bunch of annoying ads. For example, I want to show a particular video that is only on Vimeo and is not on YouTube. So, I need to find a workaround for this and try to make it look like a video playback as much as possible. Thank you for the consideration.

590 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

158 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Inserting a link to a video from Stream or Vimeo in addition to YouTube will be available in the latest update of PowerPoint for Windows (Version 1906, Build 11727.20210). You’ll find the button for inserting an Online Video in the ribbon under the Insert tab and can paste in a URL for any video on Stream, Vimeo, or YouTube. Be sure to install the next update. Thanks for using PowerPoint and Stream! If you’d like to see additional video providers added, please feel free to open a new request and let us know which ones matter most to you.

2. Improve DPI scaling over different monitors for all office apps

Please improve DPI scaling over multiple screens with different scaling. All apps should scale according to the setting of each monitor. When scaling, apps rendering should stay sharp and accurate (not blurry!)

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting the feature request!

This work has been completed and released to Office 365 users in March. Please update your build to version 16.0.9029 or newer, and give it a try!

Again, thank you for helping us improve our product! And, please keep voting on the features that are important to you.

Thanks!
    PowerPoint Team

3. Picture transparency

Hi! Please add a feature to adjust the transparency of pictures as a whole.
    This is a quite useful feature when creating master/ presentation sildes.
    While you are at it, could you add a slider to the "Picture Tools"-tab to adjust the transparency of a picture?

ATM, you actually can adjust the transparency of a picture, but the process of doing has too many steps and is really uninuitive.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Make-a-picture-transparent-CE96AC80-5AFC-436C-AE3F-0C78009BF704?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Morph Transition Animation

Create a Morph Animation which looks at the position of an object on a prior slide and moves only that object individual within traditionally established animation sequences (instead of being bound to slide transition).

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. To using Surface Pro 4 Pen as a mouse in PowerPoint 2016 instead of inking

Previously using my Surface Pro 2, I was able to use the Surface pen as a mouse so I can handle objects, such as shapes as pictures in PowerPoint just as I would with a mouse. But now using a Surface Pro 4 the pen acts as a pen and the only thing it can do it write with ink and cannot work with objects.
    This is a big disadvantage for me. I was wondering how I can turn off this feature so that I can use the pen as a mouse cursor again instead of inking.
    The same issue…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I wanted to let everyone know that in the update to Office that started rolling out to Insiders today, you will find a new preference in the Options dialog to allow you to make the pen select instead of ink by default. Enabling this preference will make the pen function exactly like it did before, plus you can use the options on the Draw tab if you do decide you want to ink. If you are an Office Insider (which anyone can join at https://products.office.com/en-us/office-insider), you should get this update within the next day or so. If you are not an Office Insider, it may take another week or two to reach you.

This is a per-app preference, so you can enable selection by default in Excel for instance while leaving ink as the default in Word and PowerPoint, or you can switch all three. To access this preference…

6. Add line spacing options to tighten line

On the Home tab there is a Line Spacing button in the Paragraph group. Click it and you see options for line spacing of

I don't know about you, but I have never in my life used a double- or triple-spaced line in PowerPoint.

I have, however, used .8, .85, .9 and .95, and I use them a lot. Why are these not options on the Line Spacing dialog in PowerPoint? Why must I click Line Spacing Options at the bottom of that menu and go through another dialog to change from Single to Multiple…

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to write feedback. We now support this in our desktop app. Under the “Home” tab, within the “Paragraph” section select the drop down for line spacing and then select “Line Spacing Options”. This will open a new window that will allow you to change from “Single” to “Multiple” and input your own values.

7. Slide notes layout gets messed up when switching from local to web and vice versa

Hi everyone,

Since we moved to Office 365, we've had issues with speaker notes (or slide notes). Because people work in collaboration on PPT documents, they don't always use the same app: web, local, mobile.

What we've observed is that if someone starts slide notes in local, and then opens the PPT in the web (or vice versa), the layout of the slide notes becomes unmanageable, and unprintable. Since those notes are usually for higher management, it becomes difficult for my team to provide them with clean, well-printed speaker notes.

The only way we found that works is to use…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make selecting a Font easier by applying the words you have highlighted in the Font dropdown menu instead of the name of each actual font

Instead of the Font dropdown menu consisting of the Name of each font would it be possible to see the words you have highlighted in the font dropdown menu..? The problem with the Font menu only consisting of the Name of each font is that you can only see what each font looks like with that particular word. For example, you can only see what Arial looks like with the word "Arial", or you can only see what Broadway looks like with the word "Broadway", or you can only see what Candara looks like with the word "Candara", etc. So…

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Update a presentation while presenting

As someone who uses PowerPoint for a school competition, I would like to be able to edit slides further into the presentation while I am in presenter mode. This will allow me to have one slideshow deck, presenting on a laptop and projector, while on either the same laptop or on a different computer through OneDrive, update slides ahead of me with winners information, etc. this allows me to deliver a higher quality presentation for the hundreds of students involved in our competition.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting up this request! We are proud to announce that you can now synchronize content changes during slideshow! Update to the latest version of PowerPoint and give it a try.

Check out this blog post for more information
    https://blog-insider.office.com/2020/04/08/synchronize-changes-while-presenting/

Again, thank you for your support! Keep voting for other features on your wish list :)

Cheers!
    Lishan from PowerPoint Team

10. Automatic animation of objects between slides

Ability to easily add animations to objects that appear on different slides.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Quick Access Toolbar icon spacing in Office 2016

It appears the icon spacing in Office 2016 for the Quick Access Toolbar has been widened, I assume to accommodate touchscreen devices. With 2013 I could have as many as 50 on the QAT where now that number is reduced to near 30. As a mouse user the extra spacing is hindrance. We should be able to set that as needed.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Do Not Require Checkout or Save As in Notes Page View for PowerPoint Files on SharePoint

Our organization recently moved to a full SharePoint implementation replacing our File Server. When our users are accessing a PowerPoint saved to SharePoint and select View --> Notes Page Presentation View, PowerPoint (client install) prompts "Edits made in this view will be lost when saved to the server. Use Save As to create a copy and make changes."

I've read that this is due to Microsoft not supporting co-authoring for notes. Regardless, it creates unnecessary headache for our users to Save As a new file and then reversion into the previous file.

For now we're instructing our users to Check…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting your feature request!

We are happy to announce that this issue has been fixed and released via the Monthly Channel. Please update to version 1908 (build 11929.20254) or higher, and give it a try.

Keep voting for the other features on your wish list. We are listening :)

Thanks!
    PowerPoint Team

13. More icons

I absolutely love your introduction of Icons but now I want more. Please can you include more Icons to generate more variety?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add full "Review" functionality like in Word

I can't seem to mark up PPT's like I can Word docs - e.g., delete text, add text, etc. I can only seem to add Comments.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix fonts list in Symbol dialog box

Home > Bullet button arrow > Bullets and Numbering > Custom opens Symbol dialog box to create custom bullets from fonts like Wingdings. There are currently no specific fonts listed. Always worked before 2016, broken now.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add track changes to PowerPoint

Add Track Changes to PowerPoint. Treat each text box as indivdual "word" type documents so each text box keeps track of the edits even if they are moved around.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The feature of highlighting what’s changed in the presentation has started being deployed to Insider Fast and Insider Slow builds. The rest of the Office 365 subscribers will get the feature in a couple of weeks. See the post below for more information, and keep voting on other things on your wish list!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_officeinsider-mso_win10/new-better-way-to-help-you-spot-changes-in/7fedd8d8-bb41-4609-8a5f-8c97cde01ce6

Thanks!
    PowerPoint Team

18. Make CTRL+V work again

Several users in DK (including me) report that CTRL+V stopped working in PowerPoint 2016 (and only CTRL+V, not e.g. CTRL+C and it still works in Word 2016).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. highlight text

In word I am able to lightlight text, but I can't do this in Powerpoint. Please add the ability to highlight text! (this isn't about highlighting during a slide show, this about highlighting text just like you can do in Word)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export slides to PDF without ink markup

When exporting slides to PDF, unchecking the "include comments and ink markup" would result in a clean PDF with no ink (very useful when preparing lecture slides). That no longer works.

In the latest update, the checkbox has be re-labeled "include comments," and the ink markup shows up in the PDF regardless of its selection. Small change, but a major inconvenience when prepping lecture materials, as I now have to save duplicate copies of lecture slides.

PLEASE bring back the old functionality.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Casey,

Thank you for submitting your feedback! I wanted to reach out to let you know that we have fixed this issue and brought back the previous functionality. If you update to the most recent version of Office, you can easily remove ink when saving as PDF just as before.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and continuing to work with us on improving our products for customers worldwide. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to improve your experience with Office!

Thank you,
    Elise

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base