PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

How can we improve PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. re-instate 'go to previous slide on right mouse click' in powerpoint office 365

re-instate 'go to previous slide on right mouse click' in powerpoint in office 365. Right mouse click has changed advances the slide, the same as left click, whereas it used to go to previous slide; this change is a disaster for users who use 'presenter' with no keyboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This functionality should still be available in Office 365, although not enabled by default. Please go to “File → Options → Advanced → Slide Show”, and make sure the setting “Show menu on right mouse click” is unchecked. Thanks!

• Add track changes to PowerPoint

Add Track Changes to PowerPoint. Treat each text box as indivdual "word" type documents so each text box keeps track of the edits even if they are moved around.

13 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The feature of highlighting what’s changed in the presentation has started being deployed to Insider Fast and Insider Slow builds. The rest of the Office 365 subscribers will get the feature in a couple of weeks. See the post below for more information, and keep voting on other things on your wish list!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_officeinsider-mso_win10/new-better-way-to-help-you-spot-changes-in/7fedd8d8-bb41-4609-8a5f-8c97cde01ce6

Thanks!
        PowerPoint Team

• enable morph in powerpoint professional

I'm a decision maker for the software & hardware for 17000 people in our organization. I've been resisting an anti Microsoft camp, but my experience with office16 on the surface pro has turned me around hard this weekend. mostly the disabled morph feature in ppt & the inability to disable the handwriting panel. I wish it didn't have to be this way

4 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Morph feature should be available on PowerPoint Pro, for all Office 365 subscribers.

On your machine at home, are you logged in as an Office 365 subscriber? And, is your app build number higher than 16.0.6366.2025? If the answers to both questions are yes, please post your issue, along with your app build number, on the Office Answers site (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2016) and we’ll follow up with an investigation. Thanks!

• To using Surface Pro 4 Pen as a mouse in PowerPoint 2016 instead of inking

Previously using my Surface Pro 2, I was able to use the Surface pen as a mouse so I can handle objects, such as shapes as pictures in PowerPoint just as I would with a mouse. But now using a Surface Pro 4 the pen acts as a pen and the only thing it can do it write with ink and cannot work with objects.
          This is a big disadvantage for me. I was wondering how I can turn off this feature so that I can use the pen as a mouse cursor again instead of inking.
          The same issue…

61 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I wanted to let everyone know that in the update to Office that started rolling out to Insiders today, you will find a new preference in the Options dialog to allow you to make the pen select instead of ink by default. Enabling this preference will make the pen function exactly like it did before, plus you can use the options on the Draw tab if you do decide you want to ink. If you are an Office Insider (which anyone can join at https://products.office.com/en-us/office-insider), you should get this update within the next day or so. If you are not an Office Insider, it may take another week or two to reach you.

This is a per-app preference, so you can enable selection by default in Excel for instance while leaving ink as the default in Word and PowerPoint, or you can switch all three. To access this preference…

• Table of Contents

Bring back the ability to create Table of Contents! I often have large decks and have to create a TOC manually. I want the ability to create a one-click TOC based on slide titles or section titles. The most effective TOC would have a title, slide number, and hyperlink to the slide in the deck.

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! The Zoom feature has been released to Office 365 Insiders , and will soon be available to the rest of Office 365 subscribers. Update your app, and start creating your TOC via the Zoom feature.

The feature announcement can be found here:
              https://blogs.office.com/2016/07/26/the-evolution-of-office-apps-new-intelligent-services-such-as-researcher-and-editor-in-word-and-outlook-focused-inbox-as-well-as-continued-powerpoint-innovation-with-zoom/

• allow us to enter music

from SoundCloud

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feature request! This feature has been supported for a couple of releases. You may add music to your presentation by clicking Ribbon → Insert → Audio → Audio on my PC, and choosing the music file you’d like to use. Thanks!

• Make CTRL+V work again

Several users in DK (including me) report that CTRL+V stopped working in PowerPoint 2016 (and only CTRL+V, not e.g. CTRL+C and it still works in Word 2016).

11 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Should be able to disable Presenter view and have full screen on both the monitor and projector

When going into show mode there is no way of disabling presenter view at all. So in the case of a presenter with no notes, who just wants full screen on both the projector and his machine, has to deal with a small image on his machine while the rest of the monitors space is unused. Please allow a option to toggle between presenter view and full screen

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! In Windows PowerPoint 2013 and the later versions, you should be able to disable Presenter View by uncheck the “Use Presenter View” checkbox under Ribbon → Slide Show → Monitors. Or, if you are already in a slide show, you can right click the slide and select “Hide Presenter View” in the context menu, to close Presenter View and bring the monitor display setting back to the Duplicate mode.

• let you put a video from your documents

place a video onto your PowerPoint from your documents not only from the internet.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Export to PDF Office 2016 loses object hyperlinks

I've been using the Office 2016 export to PDF, both in PowerPoint and Word.

I'm using Office 2016 Pro 64bit on a Win7 pc and also on a Win 10 pc, and when I export to PDF I'm finding that hyperlinked text is retained but hyperlinked objects (shapes in this instance) lose their hyperlinks during the PDF process.

To prove this is a 2016 only issue, I then tried the export to PDF using a PC with Office 2013 and this produced the PDFs without losing any hyperlinks.

Has anyone else noticed this? Anyone found a workaround? Can this issue…

4 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• I think that maybe you should let 2 people be on the same power point at the same time

Make people be able edit and be on the same point at the same time

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! The Coauthoring feature has already been supported for a couple of releases. Try sharing your PowerPoint file on OneDrive or OneDrive for Business, and enjoying collaborating on the deck with the other authors at the same time :)

• Automatic animation of objects between slides

Ability to easily add animations to objects that appear on different slides.

35 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! The Morph feature has fully reached the Insiders, and has started being pushed out to the rest of the Office 365 subscribers. Happy playing with Morph! And please keep voting on your next most wanted features! Again, thanks :)

• Fix fonts list in Symbol dialog box

Home > Bullet button arrow > Bullets and Numbering > Custom opens Symbol dialog box to create custom bullets from fonts like Wingdings. There are currently no specific fonts listed. Always worked before 2016, broken now.

16 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Quick Access Toolbar icon spacing in Office 2016

It appears the icon spacing in Office 2016 for the Quick Access Toolbar has been widened, I assume to accommodate touchscreen devices. With 2013 I could have as many as 50 on the QAT where now that number is reduced to near 30. As a mouse user the extra spacing is hindrance. We should be able to set that as needed.

24 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Ability to automatically put labels on chart on top of a bar (not inside)

At the moment, ppt only gives options to put labels on bar charts inside the column (either bottom, middle or end). Would be very useful to have an automated way to put labels on top of the bar.

Also if it is a stacked bar chart, it would be great to be able to automatically add a label which would show the total amount of the bar

3 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

We currently provide the following positions for data labels on bar charts: Center, Inside End, Inside Base, Outside End. I believe what you are asking for is Outside end.

Adding a total to the bar is an interesting idea which we’ll roll into our feature considerations for a future release.

Thanks,
                                  Scott [MSFT]

• Repair PowerPoint 2016 Desktop French shortcuts

Currently, the shortcuts for the French version of PowerPoint 2016 Desktop are broken...

The interface displays shortcuts, but they don't work:
                                  - Ctrl+S doesn't save
                                  - Alt+Q doesn't open the "ask us what you want to do" thing

Seriously, you can't even use Ctrl+S to save !!!
                                  THIS IS THE MOST ANNOYING THING EVER DONE TO A SOFTWARE §§§§§§
                                  I can't remember of a single software allowing to save that was done without having a Ctrl+S shortcut to do this...

https://twitter.com/MarienMonnier/status/656739634102325248

5 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • highlight text

In word I am able to lightlight text, but I can't do this in Powerpoint. Please add the ability to highlight text! (this isn't about highlighting during a slide show, this about highlighting text just like you can do in Word)

9 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)

Feedback and Knowledge Base