Allow copy/paste of slides without linking the data - like it has always done!
With the new powerpoint 2016 you can no longer just copy a slide as the chart in the new slide will be linked to the data source of the original slide. it's not visible until you open the chart in the original slide and it changes to match the data you input for the new slide - so you have to slides with hte exact same data.
I simply can't fathom why this is no longer possible to do
Removing the “Under Review” tag since this idea does not have sufficient votes for us to take on as a new feature.
We want to make sure the User Voice site is up to date with the engineering efforts we are making. Please continue submitting ideas and voting.
Patricia McLaughlin commented
I and others at my company re having this issue as well. Here are the steps to replicate it:
1. Open PowerPoint 2016
2. New: Blank Presentation
3. Insert Chart: Stacked Column
4. Close Data Sheet
5. Duplicate slide 1
6. Go to slide 2: Edit Data in Excel
7. Change data: KEEP EXCEL DATA SHEET OPEN
8. Duplicate slide 2
9. Go to slide 3: Edit Data in Excel
10. ERROR: Data Should still match slide 2 but it is now reverted to match data in slide 1 (or data before data re-entry in step 6)