How can we improve PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Give an enamble/disable button for EPS insertion

Instead of just disabling EPS insertion for us, please include a check box somewhere so we can accept the consequences and be allowed to insert EPSs and see them instead of the can't be displayed message. Some of us are just plain not skilled enough to make changes to the registry and get it right. You have similar check boxes for Trust, VBA etc in Office products so you should be able to give this option as a setting and NOT a registry change. I don't think MS realizes what a game changer this is for those of us who use EPS formats on a daily basis. You just killed 200 projects for me

114 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow - it works (the registry trick shown below). Thanks Jamie Garroch for that help in correcting Microsoft stupidity. Pain to need a work-around, but at least it prevents me from drop-kicking yet another Microsoft POS application out the window. Going to be a LONG time before I buy another; many good alternatives out there.

• anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It used to work perfectly and I could work seamlessly with standard EPS vector art. True to form, Microsoft made another "improvement" to their product. Genius. This is why I no longer buy upgrades to Microsoft products. I'm now furious I even spent the money on 2016. What a waste.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I never used to use EPS files in PowerPoint, but from what I've read you previously could edit EPS files after importing them. PowerPoint is not the place to edit EPS files, but it would be useful to be able to import them.

• NNS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really really need this for powerpoint. Please let us use eps again.

• FL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need vector graphics in my peresentations. I want eps import back

• SH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able use EPS files in my PPT presentations and I can't do that. Please help!!

• L Fforbes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work in a presentation design office, and I need to import or copy and paste vector files into Powerpoint - icons/logos/diagrams - all day, every day. They need to be resized and recoloured.
        I am not able to do this now!
        Please, please fix this issue

• Missy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to use EPS files in my PPT presentations. I work with engineers who submit DWG files. The only way I can get those files to appear clearly in my presentations is to convert them to EPS files. No other file format is as clear as an EPS file, and I have tried them all! The drawings are extremely detailed and need to be very clear in order to be legible. Removing EPS support makes it impossible for me to do my job well. Please provide an option for enabling EPS files! Thank you.

• Jamie Garroch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been working on a free add-in to do this but haven't finished it yet. In the meantime, I enable the EPS filter by creating a text file on my desktop, naming it "EnableFilterEPS_Win64_PPT2016.reg", copying the reg script below into the file before saving it. Now I can simply double click this file to re-activate the EPS filter. It works for Win64 systems with PowerPoint 2016 but is easily edited to do the same for other platform combinations.

--- copy everything from the next line to the end ---
        Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;=========================================================================
        ; EPS Graphics Filter Activation Registry Settings for Windows 64 bit
        ; Author : http://youpresent.co.uk/
        ; Purpose : Enable the EPS Graphics Filter for PowerPoint
        ; To Use : Load the REG file under an admin profile to load into HKLM.

; Set the allow list flag for graphics filters
        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Common\Security\AllowLists\GraphicsFilterImport]
        "AllowListEnabled"=dword:00000001

; Enable EPS filter for PowerPoint 2016
        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Common\Security\AllowLists\GraphicsFilterImport]
        "EPSIMP32.FLT"="2012.1600.4309.1000"

; Replace the 16 digit value in quotes above for other versions of PowerPoint as follows:
        ; PowerPoint 2013 : 2012.1500.4420.1023
        ; PowerPoint 2010 : 2010.1400.4740.1000
        ; PowerPoint 2007 : 2006.1200.4518.1000

; To disable the EPS filter, uncomment the next two lines:
        ; [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Common\Security\AllowLists\GraphicsFilterImport]
        ; "EPSIMP32.FLT"=-

• Darren Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to import EPS vector based graphic files into excel is a critical part of my business. Please add this function back ASAP.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can appreciate the concerns for security ... But at least make the import work even with a dialog box !!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base