How can we improve PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

NEW BUG - Shape fill disappears when creating pdf

As of today I notice a new (very annoying) bug exists in PowerPoint when saving the presentation as PDF file.

I can reproduce it as follows:
(1) create a blank white presentation
(2) delete all slides but the first one
(2) add a shape with a fill color e.g. blue, that takes up the entire slide

Save the presentation in PDF format.

With PowerPoint 365 the shape fill turns "white" in PDF instead of blue. Only the border is displayed correctly.

Interestingly, if I make the shape smalller, e.g. 2in x 2in it will be displayed correctly in the PDF document.

This is very annoying since in our template the title page and the last page have a large colored shape in the background. So from one day to another we cannot save presentations in PDF format anymore because now the title page cannot be read anymore.

Technical Information: PowerPoint 365 1706 (8229.2073)
Language: German
Windows: 10 (recently updated)

We would appreciate to have this fixed quickly. I expect this bug could affect a wide range of people out there,

Mathias

23 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Phil Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Phil Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One additional remark to the issue above: it happens when you uncheck the PDF/A-comtatibility in the PDF Options when saving the presentation. Everything works fine in Office 2010 and 2013.

So this is really a reason not to use Office 365. Basically we cannot create PDF documents from our presentations anymore. This is really critical!

Feedback and Knowledge Base