PowerPoint 2016 Error: Chart Links to Wrong Data
Error: Duplicated chart reverts to data of original chart after the duplicated chart’s data has been changed. THIS IS NOT A FEATURE REQUEST, IT IS A REPLICABLE ERROR!
Steps to replicate error:
1. Open PowerPoint 2016
2. New: Blank Presentation
3. Insert Chart on slide: Stacked Column, this is slide 1
4. Close the Data Sheet that automatically opened
5. Duplicate slide 1, this is slide 2
6. Go to slide 2: open Edit Data in Excel
7. Change any data in the Excel worksheet: KEEP EXCEL DATA SHEET OPEN
8. Duplicate slide 2, this is slide 3, do not make any changes
9. Go to slide 3: open Edit Data in Excel
10. ERROR: The data on slide 3 should match the data on slide 2 but it will not, it reverts to the data in slide 1
Super pain! Please fix ASAP!
Huge problem for client facing materials and user time to correct errors.
Tara Breton commented
Extreme problem when doing year after year analysis, one year per slide. NEED A FIX PLEASE !!!!!!