How can we improve PowerPoint for Windows (Desktop Application)? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Automatically show the total number of slides

PowerPoint allows me to insert slide numbers. I'd like to be able to have it worded as "2 (of 12)", "3 (of 12)", etc.

490 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Roger Haight shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

193 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dennis Lee Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anytime there's an automated system, it reduced the chances of error, especially when quick changes are made when there may not be time to check these small details, such as the total number of slides. The rest of the microsoft office suite has it, so I don't see why powerpoint should be any different.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is definitely not a mandatory feature in PowerPoint 2013, maybe it is present in newer versions?

This feature would be beneficial for document quality control reasons (ISO9001).
        It would also mean, especially when hard-copy printed, a user would know if they were in possession of all the entire document presentation slides.

• Eran Sitnik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature should have been in release 1 of 1809

PowerPoint Initial release May 22, 1990
        Stable release 1809 (Build 16.0.10827.20118) / September 27, 2018

This feature should definitely be included in PowerPoint. It helps when the number of slides changes and I forget to change the number.

Anytime there's an automated system, it reduced the chances of error, especially when quick changes are made when there may not be time to check these small details, such as the total number of slides. The rest of the microsoft office suite has it, so I don't see why powerpoint should be any different.

Total number of slides gives audience an estimation on the presentation duration.

Automatic update will reduce the likelihood of having an error in this number, improving the professionalism of presenter.

Total number of slides in automatic text box would be very good and time sparing on tedious work of editing each and all of a collection that can have dozens of slides.

• adsfasdf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this in OpenOffice (the FREE version of Power Point)
        I have this in Mac OS

This is available for all other microsoft applications -- it's not like you don't have the code for it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base